If I have to Put up with a Bazillion Trump aka neuveua Palin Threads ....

Who do you trust more?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • Barrack Obama

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
Nowadays, with the news media as biased as it is...for one with conservative values to run for anything opens them up to loss of career.

When I was a teenager, there were many things I did that I am ashamed to admit I did now that I am an adult. Heck, by the time I was 22 there were things I did at 18 that I was ashamed of.

But a conservative candidate dabbled in witchcraft...which was nothing more than curiosity.....and what she did as a kid has completely ruined her career...not just her reputation with the community...but her career.

Ironically...ruined by the same people who say that a 17 year old who gets pregnant should not have to live the rest of her life suffering the consequences of a stupid decision made when she was a teenager.

It wasn't just witchcraft, although that was the biggest issue. She said a plethora of stupid things.

And so has Biden said some pretty stupid things. So has Obama, Pelosi and Boehner...
The witchcraft thing was what put her on her guard...and never allowed her campaign to get back the steam.

And the Voters forvage theirs, and didn't forgive hers.

I agree. The biggest problem we have is that lies become truth.

Agreed. Global warming is just a theory, tax cuts are always the answer, unions are responsible for offshoring jobs, Social Security is bankrupting the country, did I miss anything?

Three things:

Firstly, do not edit my posts. It is dishonest and misrepresents what I said. It's also against the rules of the board.

Secondly, none of your 'points' are on topic.

Thirdly, and this relates to my first point, your post is exactly what is wrong with the media. They take one sentence - out of context - and that is how lies become truth. It is dishonest and shoddy journalism. And it is dishonest and shoddy posting.

Shame on you.

Nowadays, with the news media as biased as it is...for one with conservative values to run for anything opens them up to loss of career.

When I was a teenager, there were many things I did that I am ashamed to admit I did now that I am an adult. Heck, by the time I was 22 there were things I did at 18 that I was ashamed of.

But a conservative candidate dabbled in witchcraft...which was nothing more than curiosity.....and what she did as a kid has completely ruined her career...not just her reputation with the community...but her career.

Ironically...ruined by the same people who say that a 17 year old who gets pregnant should not have to live the rest of her life suffering the consequences of a stupid decision made when she was a teenager.

It wasn't just witchcraft, although that was the biggest issue. She said a plethora of stupid things.

And so has Biden said some pretty stupid things. So has Obama, Pelosi and Boehner...
The witchcraft thing was what put her on her guard...and never allowed her campaign to get back the steam.

puleeze... biden's had gaffe's but he isn't brain dead.

that woman was outclassed and should never have been near a senate race. it's really insulting watching the right find anything acceptable as long as it preaches the party line.

and for the record, you can stop moaning, b/c if she were a dem, all we'd have heard about is her misuse of campaign funds.... something the right still doesn't like to talk about.

Obama was vetted.

You can't boast that FOX is the #1 news channel in ratings and then say that Obama wasn't vetted.

Debates were all televised and unedited.

Google makes vetting people a fuck-ton easier and a fuck-ton more thorough then it was in the 70's 80's and 90's before the boom. Noone's "unvetted."

One station is not 'vetting'. Vetting is for the whole media to investigate, research and provide facts - and, if they really must - opine about it. All FNC did was balance to total sycophantic shit from the rest of the MSM.

And, I can't believe you actually said that about Google. Oh. My. Gawd. How stupid are you? :lol::lol::lol:

I dare you to tell me that the Wright and Ayers shit didn't air on every news station.

Google sees everything.

Just because it wasn't obsessed over, ala Fox, doesn't mean it wasn't reported.

Also, let's hear one thing you didn't know about him then that you know now.

(there's nothing stupid in pointing out that Google is essentially the world's largest library, but then again, you're not the best judge of stupid, stupid.)

Please show me a link on Google of a NBC, CBS, ABC ot CNN reporter asking Obama why he had 3 different answers to his relationship with Ayers.
Recall...

1) He is just a man in the neighborhood.
but then Fox revealed that he had a personal relationship with him
so...next was...

2)I knew him but I did not know of his past
but then fox revealed that he DID know of his past
so next was....

3) I knew of his past but I thought he was reformed.

So why was he not asked about this?

Do you recall what happened whn Bill Burton was asked that on Fox?

He refused to asnwer and kept on saying:

I can answer that question all day loing and my answer will not change. It is not what the American people want to hear about.

Megan Kelly said

"But you didnt answer it and my viewers do want to hear it"

And he said

"I did answer it and there is no reson to continue answering it becuase my answer wont change"

And that was that....and he never did answer it.....and no one else in the media cared.

that woman was outclassed and should never have been near a senate race. it's really insulting watching the right find anything acceptable as long as it preaches the party line.

and for the record, you can stop moaning, b/c if she were a dem, all we'd have heard about is her misuse of campaign funds.... something the right still doesn't like to talk about.

what a pathetic post by you Jillian.

You refer to her as brain dead.

Quite childish.

I agree. The biggest problem we have is that lies become truth.

Agreed. Global warming is just a theory, tax cuts are always the answer, unions are responsible for offshoring jobs, Social Security is bankrupting the country, did I miss anything?

Three things:

Firstly, do not edit my posts. It is dishonest and misrepresents what I said. It's also against the rules of the board.

Secondly, none of your 'points' are on topic.

Thirdly, and this relates to my first point, your post is exactly what is wrong with the media. They take one sentence - out of context - and that is how lies become truth. It is dishonest and shoddy journalism. And it is dishonest and shoddy posting.

Shame on you.

Yeah I don't even know what caused that rant by that other poster. Maybe the date tonight was canceled.

what a pathetic post by you Jillian.

You refer to her as brain dead.

Quite childish.

i'm ok with that, really. she was practically subliterate. her candidacy was insulting. and a perfectly credible candidate got kept out of the race because the white over-40 white males on the right have this bad habit of voting for how women look as opposed to what they say.

And the Voters forvage theirs, and didn't forgive hers.

No sir...

The MEDIA forgave theirs and did not forgive hers.
The majority of the voters rarely meet a candidate. They make their decisions based on what they see on the news.

Obama was vetted.

You can't boast that FOX is the #1 news channel in ratings and then say that Obama wasn't vetted.

Google makes vetting people a fuck-ton easier and a fuck-ton more thorough then it was in the 70's 80's and 90's before the boom. Noone's "unvetted."

One station is not 'vetting'. Vetting is for the whole media to investigate, research and provide facts - and, if they really must - opine about it. All FNC did was balance to total sycophantic shit from the rest of the MSM.

And, I can't believe you actually said that about Google. Oh. My. Gawd. How stupid are you? :lol::lol::lol:

I dare you to tell me that the Wright and Ayers shit didn't air on every news station.

Google sees everything.

Just because it wasn't obsessed over, ala Fox, doesn't mean it wasn't reported.

Also, let's hear one thing you didn't know about him then that you know now.

(there's nothing stupid in pointing out that Google is essentially the world's largest library, but then again, you're not the best judge of stupid, stupid.)

Firstly, the whole Wright and Ayers shit was spun on every station. FNC to dis Obama, and the MSM to diss FNC. That, is NOT providing information to Americans to assist them in understanding their candidates. It is spinning facts to either encourage support or discourage support. Why can we not expect our media - all of it - to provide honest, straightforward, informative coverage?

And... the problem with google.... is that 'library' is full of shit. Look how many people on USMB link to total fucking shit to 'back up' their stance. It is nonsense. Total, fucking nonsense.

I guess we have different standards for 'research'.

Obama was vetted.

Excuse me...Fox News DID vett the candidate Obama...and the other news agencies, as opposed to addressing the issues, tended to address the "agenda" of Fox News....minimizing the normally concerning issues that were attached to Obama.

As for the deabtes.....the debates are not nearly as effective as the ensuing analyses of the media...

So when Obama gave this answer...

"Lots of people were friends with Ayers so whats the big deal that I was...."

No one in the media analyzed it as it should have been analyzed....

Such as:

Those other people are not asking to be electeds Presdient.
lots of people were friends with OJ but that doesnt rationalize it
that doesnt answer the question of WHY you deemed it appropriate to be friends with someone who was invoved with an organization that used violence to make a point

Any other candidate would have been thrown those questions...but not his time around...

instead?

"see, he has a very rational explanation"

Yea, keep pushing that "friends with him" line. He "palled around" with him, too. There's shots of them shooting hoops together and at family bbq's together and everything.

How about political ally.
I consider a poitical ally who opens his houde to a campaign meeting on my behalf and with me in attendance as a friend.

Palling around? Exactly where did I say that? Playing hoops? Nope. Nerver implied it.

But I noticed you completely diverted away form the fact that he had three different answers and no one asked him to explain it...THAT was the reason for my post.

Umm, the thing is, any resource you consider viable is reachable through google. That there's shit-sources out there is irrelevant. It's all encompassing, it's search engine doesn't have empathy or bias.

Excuse me...Fox News DID vett the candidate Obama...and the other news agencies, as opposed to addressing the issues, tended to address the "agenda" of Fox News....minimizing the normally concerning issues that were attached to Obama.

As for the deabtes.....the debates are not nearly as effective as the ensuing analyses of the media...

So when Obama gave this answer...

"Lots of people were friends with Ayers so whats the big deal that I was...."

No one in the media analyzed it as it should have been analyzed....

Such as:

Those other people are not asking to be electeds Presdient.
lots of people were friends with OJ but that doesnt rationalize it
that doesnt answer the question of WHY you deemed it appropriate to be friends with someone who was invoved with an organization that used violence to make a point

Any other candidate would have been thrown those questions...but not his time around...

instead?

"see, he has a very rational explanation"

Yea, keep pushing that "friends with him" line. He "palled around" with him, too. There's shots of them shooting hoops together and at family bbq's together and everything.

I consider a poitical ally who opens his houde to a campaign meeting on my behalf and with me in attendance as a friend.

Palling around? Exactly where did I say that? Playing hoops? Nope. Nerver implied it.

But I noticed you completely diverted away form the fact that he had three different answers and no one asked him to explain it...THAT was the reason for my post.

And yet, Obama is BushII. Go figure, Ayers and Barack musn't have been as close as Fox thought.

And yet, Obama is BushII. Go figure, Ayers and Barack musn't have been as close as Fox thought.
Hannity was the only one who exaggerated the relationship.

Fox news accurately reported it...as a relationship that went beyond Ayers being some guy in the neighborhood.

Fox news accurately reported it...as a relationship that went beyond Ayers being some guy in the neighborhood.

Funny, on CNN I heard them report that Ayers happens to be one of the insiders that usher any newcomer into Chicago Politics.

At that point, it becomes obvious why Obama knew him and was "seen" with him. It doesn't mean Obama agrees with his life decisions. It doesn't mean that Obama necessarily even knew about them. It doesn't mean Obama even likes the fucking guy,. as a person. It's all common sense that it's an inane relationship because if it went where the "implications of cynicism" took it, it would be pretty easy to dig up if Obama has those same Terrorist-views being that he's been a PUBLIC figure most of his adult life.

I think that *most people* are intelligent enough to decipher what is irrational campaign jargain, and what is of real-life importance, such-as, Obama being Bush II. Ayers seems like "knowing him" is a formality for up and coming Democrats in Chicago.

Last edited:
Actually the thought of Biden finishing out President Obama's term is not that repugnant to me. He may be a buffoon, but he is no idiot and he does have experience that the President lacks, he has personal ethics that the President may or may not share, and I believe that he loves his country and would not intentionally do anything to harm America or anybody in it.

As for the probable GOP nominee, that person may not have yet surfaced. I'm thinking that perhaps some relative 'unknown' will emerge and catch the imagination of the people much as Bill Clinton did in 2001.

However, Jesse Ventura is convinced that Sarah Palin will be the next president and will be elected in 2012. :)

Actually the thought of Biden finishing out President Obama's term is not that repugnant to me. He may be a buffoon, but he is no idiot and he does have experience that the President lacks, he has personal ethics that the President may or may not share, and I believe that he loves his country and would not intentionally do anything to harm America or anybody in it.

As for the probable GOP nominee, that person may not have yet surfaced. I'm thinking that perhaps some relative 'unknown' will emerge and catch the imagination of the people much as Bill Clinton did in 2001.

However, Jesse Ventura is convinced that Sarah Palin will be the next president and will be elected in 2012. :)

I view Palin as a shiny object that keeps the kitties in the media busy playing while decent potential candidates can build their strategies. I believe the phrase 'useful idiot' sums her up best.

i really like foxnews because they are fair and balanced. they seem more objective, while some of the other news shows like "last word" with lawrence o'connel seem to more favorable to the president obama.

Funny, on CNN I heard them report that Ayers happens to be one of the insiders that usher any newcomer into Chicago Politics.

At that point, it becomes obvious why Obama knew him and was "seen" with him. It doesn't mean Obama agrees with his life decisions. It doesn't mean that Obama necessarily even knew about them. It doesn't mean Obama even likes the fucking guy,. as a person. It's all common sense that it's an inane relationship because it if went where the "implications of cynicism" took it, it would be pretty easy to dig up if Obama has those same Terrorist-views being that he's been a PUBLIC figure most of his adult life.

I think that *most people* are intelligent enough to decipher what is irrational campaign jargain, and what is of real-life importance, such-as, Obama being Bush II.

You are missing my point.
I agree that Obama is not an "Ayers"....never was and never will be. To the contrary, I believe Obama despoises Ayers actions of years ago, but capitalized on him for political expediency...as you pointed out.

But that being said...why did the media opt to be so "ethical" in their reporting with Obama and his relationship with Ayers and not make it a bigger deal than it was when they have ALWAYS been known to do the exact opposite with ALL presidential candidates.

Do you recall what they did to Gary Hart?

He was invcited to a political party on someones boat. He attended and the media did a little research and found out that there were a few PAID women on the boat. Hart did not know of them nor did he mingle with them...there were dozens of people onj th boat.....

Anyway....Hart was held accountable for the actions of the jerk that invited the girls...by the media...who wouldnt let it go...and his campaign ended.

I wont even get into the Keating 5 thing and McCain. Found to not have known anything and at wworst was told he was guilty of poor judgement...but the media..through the campaign...continued to bring in up.

I think the Ayers story was irrelevant.
I think the Media reported it briefly, then treated it as irrelevant.

IMO, they, in this case, did right. Why would I use the case of Ayers to agree with anyone that Obama wasn't "vetted?" I won't.

Forum List

Back