🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a perfect example of what I am talking about.
Except nobody knows wtf you're on about. :lol:
Only because they have never taken the time to undertake a serious examination of those ancient texts that they mock to seek the understanding that is hidden to them by their pride.
:confused-84::dunno::uhh:
Thank you for proving my point.
You proved mine.
Hardly. Unless your point was you believe you can disprove the existence of a creator by interpreting ancient texts like an imbecile. Was that your point?

Doh!! :eusa_doh:
How could I forget option 4)?!? The Conservative option!

4) God is afraid to fuck with Mar-a-lago and I'm just a lucky annoyance.

Hey! It could happen! :D
:beer: Possibilities!​

Maybe your problem is you don’t have a good perception of what God is?

Why is it that you expect God to do tricks for you or announce himself for you?

Who are you?

I am me.

I am.

I can't prove it*, but for purposes of this discussion, I'm as real as you are.

And until He/She/It reveals Him/Her/Itself to me personally and to MY satisfaction, God remains nothing and everything all wrapped up in possibilities.

* Do You Exist?

Until God picks a religion for all of us to follow, all remain equally possible, and plausibility remains in the eye of the beholder.

:doubt:

Can you prove your existence by posting something? God can't and/or won't.
Why isn’t what he created enough evidence for you?

None of the creation is signed. It could have been Zeus.
Oh, so you are trying to prove who the creator is before you decide if there was a creator.

It’s stupid shit like that that makes me not believe your bullshit story about yourself.

If you created something could I use what you created as evidence even if I didn’t know who created it? Think, McFly, think.

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?
:eusa_think:

Not really.

G-d is under no obligation to prove anything to you. It's kind of like you shaking your fist at me, and saying that you are not impressed with my existence.

My response would be something along the lines of.... "That's nice" and I move on.....

That much is all it would take, Bro.

And I seriously doubt that you would let it get to me shaking my fist at you in frustration over your lack of response. I imagine that you would jump right in at "Hey Bud..."

That much would prove your existence to me. I could then acknowledge your presence and offer to buy you a beer and see if you are worth spending any of my precious Time with.

Time is the only currency that the greedy can't hoard or manipulate. It MUST be spent wisely.
`

I assume that you have seen at some point, those videos where the lady in the car is freaking out at a police officer that pulled her over. The lady, or guy, ends up tased, arrested, sometimes maced, and ends up going to jail.

I've been pulled over more than a few times in my life, some for speeding, some for things I thought were bad calls on the officers part.

In all cases, I responded to a "Yes Sir", and obeyed every command I was given, even if I thought the officer was incorrect in giving me a ticket. In all cases, I have never been tazed, never maced, never dragged out of my car, arrested or sent to jail.

Throughout life, how you approach people, makes a difference in how they respond. If you are freaking out at the cashier, they are less likely to give you a refund on your cold chicken nuggets.

When I worked at a Grocery store, I can remember one specific cashier, that their standard practice on a price lookup, depended on how the customer asked. If they asked in anger or frustration, or condescendingly, she would pick up the phone and call the manager. This would hold up the customer, and everyone behind them, until the manager came and did the price lookup.

If the customer asked pleasantly with politeness and courtesy, then the cashier will do the lookup herself, taking just a minute or two.

I would wager that if people came to you yourself, and asked for help on a matter, that you would also be less inclined to help if they asked in a demanding fashion, with an "I'm owed your help" attitude. Equally, I wager you would be more inclined to help, if they asked humbly, and politely with a "I know you don't have to, but I would appreciate it" attitude.

Now if you can understand that, at a human level... please apply that to G-d. You are not 'owed' a response. If you don't want to believe, it's all good with G-d. That's on you.

If you really, honestly, politely, wish that G-d will make himself known to you... I personally am a firm believer that G-d does answer honest people, asking honest questions. I firmly believe this. I know it's true, because G-d has responded to me at times in my life. I know he's there, and he is with me, and he will always be there. It's not even a debatable question in my life.

Now I don't know what is going on in your life, that led you to the point you are shaking your fist at G-d. We all have pain and suffering in our lives. Sometimes of our own making, and other times, from those around us.

But G-d didn't do that. This world is screwed up because of us, not him. So acting like we are owed something.... no we are not. None of us are.

I don't think anybody ever gets pissed at G-d. People get pissed at what others say G-d is. It is a quite confusing thing if you think about it. People like you tell us we are horrible for not loving G-d. It would be like everybody in your life telling you that you don't love Dave Wentonteen enough and you should be careful because one day Dave Wentontern is going to kick your butt cheeks.

Assume you heard this all your life from 90% of the people you knew. Wouldn't you want to kick Dave Wentonteen's ass or even assume there is no Dave Wentonteen?
Why are you spelling God like a Jew?

Now you are pushing eternal punishment as the only reason Christians love God?

Also another reason I think you’re a fake.

Nope.

Well, on second thought. Maybe.

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does not exist.

They are so hostile to religion, they imagine it is their duty to convince believers that they must "repent!"

:lmao:
Nope.

Well, on second thought. Maybe.

It proves the futility of the hacks at USMB who always try to "prove" to everyone else that "God" does not exist.

They are so hostile to religion, they imagine it is their duty to convince believers that they must "repent!"

LIEability has disappeared, did he decide to keep his promise?

Who are you?

I am me.

I am.

And until He/She/It reveals Him/Her/Itself to me personally and to MY satisfaction, God remains nothing and everything all wrapped up in possibilities.

* Do You Exist?

Until God picks a religion for all of us to follow, all remain equally possible, and plausibility remains in the eye of the beholder.

Until God picks a religion for all of us to follow

the religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil ... as prescribed for admission to the Everlasting.

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

Not really.

G-d is under no obligation to prove anything to you. It's kind of like you shaking your fist at me, and saying that you are not impressed with my existence.

My response would be something along the lines of.... "That's nice" and I move on.....

And I seriously doubt that you would let it get to me shaking my fist at you in frustration over your lack of response. I imagine that you would jump right in at "Hey Bud..."

That much would prove your existence to me. I could then acknowledge your presence and offer to buy you a beer and see if you are worth spending any of my precious Time with.

Time is the only currency that the greedy can't hoard or manipulate. It MUST be spent wisely.
`

I assume that you have seen at some point, those videos where the lady in the car is freaking out at a police officer that pulled her over. The lady, or guy, ends up tased, arrested, sometimes maced, and ends up going to jail.

I've been pulled over more than a few times in my life, some for speeding, some for things I thought were bad calls on the officers part.

In all cases, I responded to a "Yes Sir", and obeyed every command I was given, even if I thought the officer was incorrect in giving me a ticket. In all cases, I have never been tazed, never maced, never dragged out of my car, arrested or sent to jail.

Throughout life, how you approach people, makes a difference in how they respond. If you are freaking out at the cashier, they are less likely to give you a refund on your cold chicken nuggets.

When I worked at a Grocery store, I can remember one specific cashier, that their standard practice on a price lookup, depended on how the customer asked. If they asked in anger or frustration, or condescendingly, she would pick up the phone and call the manager. This would hold up the customer, and everyone behind them, until the manager came and did the price lookup.

If the customer asked pleasantly with politeness and courtesy, then the cashier will do the lookup herself, taking just a minute or two.

I would wager that if people came to you yourself, and asked for help on a matter, that you would also be less inclined to help if they asked in a demanding fashion, with an "I'm owed your help" attitude. Equally, I wager you would be more inclined to help, if they asked humbly, and politely with a "I know you don't have to, but I would appreciate it" attitude.

Now if you can understand that, at a human level... please apply that to G-d. You are not 'owed' a response. If you don't want to believe, it's all good with G-d. That's on you.

If you really, honestly, politely, wish that G-d will make himself known to you... I personally am a firm believer that G-d does answer honest people, asking honest questions. I firmly believe this. I know it's true, because G-d has responded to me at times in my life. I know he's there, and he is with me, and he will always be there. It's not even a debatable question in my life.

Now I don't know what is going on in your life, that led you to the point you are shaking your fist at G-d. We all have pain and suffering in our lives. Sometimes of our own making, and other times, from those around us.

But G-d didn't do that. This world is screwed up because of us, not him. So acting like we are owed something.... no we are not. None of us are.

I don't think anybody ever gets pissed at G-d. People get pissed at what others say G-d is. It is a quite confusing thing if you think about it. People like you tell us we are horrible for not loving G-d. It would be like everybody in your life telling you that you don't love Dave Wentonteen enough and you should be careful because one day Dave Wentontern is going to kick your butt cheeks.

Assume you heard this all your life from 90% of the people you knew. Wouldn't you want to kick Dave Wentonteen's ass or even assume there is no Dave Wentonteen?

That is how Andylusion spells it. Whether I am a fake or not is not a valid point in any world on any planet anywhere. You still have to win the argument.

Who are you?

I am me.

I am.

* Do You Exist?

Oh, so you are trying to prove who the creator is before you decide if there was a creator.

It’s stupid shit like that that makes me not believe your bullshit story about yourself.

If you created something could I use what you created as evidence even if I didn’t know who created it? Think, McFly, think.

Don't get confused. I didn't start this thread.

Not really.

`

That is how Andylusion spells it. Whether I am a fake or not is not a valid point in any world on any planet anywhere. You still have to win the argument.
It kinda is.

I am me.

I am.

* Do You Exist?

Doesn’t matter if you did start it. You have been given more than enough evidence for a creator.

You might be wondering "Why the fuck did that go so badly for me?" Sometime in the future.

Doesn’t matter if you did start it. You have been given more than enough evidence for a creator.

Perhaps..... but that doesn't prove the existence of The God of Abraham as defined in the ancient stories of The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an.

Bury The God of the Ancient Arabs and Jews with the ancient Arabs and Jews and start enjoying The God of (insert your name here).

`

You might be wondering "Why the fuck did that go so badly for me?" Sometime in the future.

And yet here we are, five years after my challenge to The God of Abraham, and I remain one of the luckiest little bastards that I know.

Either The God of Abraham is completely impotent or He doesn't exist or the ancient Arab tales that describe Him screwed the pooch regarding how much He gives a shit about the people who worship him. A whole lotta Bahamians worship this God....

What? Was He pissed off about how their tourism industry is raping the planet and more than willing to sacrifice them for Mar-a-lago and West Palm Beach?

:eusa_hand: Give me a friggin' break!​

It proves you're an idiot. :dunno:
Is that the best argument you've got to defend God?

Is that a Hindu prophecy? Or Zoroastrian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back