If Justice Kennedy Had Known A Christian Would Be Jailed Less Than 3 Months Later...

Kennedy would've voted "no" on federal gay marriage if he had a crystal ball & saw Davis in jail.

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Here's a question that came up on another thread which made me reflect a bit.

If Justice Kennedy had known in June of this year that before the leaves fell off the trees in the same year, that the LGBT cult would pressure a judge to jail a Christian for passively refusing to enable a "gay marriage"....would that have affected his vote?

Ostensibly, we can predict how that would've affected Ginsburg and Kagan's votes, since as the question was pending up to their Court of "should the fed preside over states on gay marriage", the two of them were openly presiding over states as The Supreme Federal Last Word by peforming gay weddings on public display. We can then extrapolate that if they are willing to violate the Constitution so flagrantly at that level that they would also "look away" as threats of jailing Christians for not playing along were bounced around in their presence.

But Kennedy, he's a different bloke. And also maybe Sotomayer and Breyer. But for the more senior and sensible one who at least has not displayed arrogant public bias while the case was pending (in violation of Massey Coal 2009), this topic is about Kennedy mainly. You can weigh in also on Sotomayor and Breyer too. But I think we're all 100% in agreement on Ginsburg and Kagan not changing their votes if they knew...

So, if Kennedy had a crystal ball and saw Kim Davis sitting in jail less than 3 months after he released the June Opinion, would he have voted differently?

Discuss.

Give it up, the cross groveler in KY broke the law she got off easy with jail time
And if you had argued that in SCOTUS last Spring, do you suppose their verdict would be the same on "gay marriage"?

Without realizing it, you just underscored my points in the OP.

If Justice Kennedy had known in June of this year that before the leaves fell off the trees in the same year, that the LGBT cult would pressure a judge to jail a Christian for passively refusing to enable a "gay marriage"....would that have affected his vote?

Most likely no. As Kennedy ruled with the majority in Employment Division v. Smith. And that was peyote. This is a government official wielding State power to force people to abide her religion.

And of course, Kennedy didn't vote to accept her petition for cert. Demonstrating again that he doesn't consider her to raise a significant constitutional question.

But these were merely facts. They'll have nothing to do with your rambling speculation based on nothing.

That wasn't the question Skylar. Nice Dodge though. This isn't about Kim Davis. It's about Kennedy and how he might have voted if he had a crystal ball showing him Kim Davis sitting in jail for her passive Christian refusal to accomodate a gay wedding.

For the purposes of this thread, use [insert random Christian's name here] in place of "Kim Davis", OK?

Just as with the civil rights decisions of the Supreme Court, I'm sure the Justices anticipated bigots and hypocrites would throw themselves under a bus.

So, if Kennedy had a crystal ball and saw Kim Davis sitting in jail less than 3 months after he released the June Opinion, would he have voted differently?

A legal decision is not dependent on emotional logical fallacies.

Try again.
The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution and the 9th that supports it aren't "emotional logical fallacies". And it is my avid belief that had Kennedy known that less than 3 months later the 1st and 9th Amendments were sitting in jail because of his decision, he would walk that back right now in a heartbeat if given the chance..

The OP is insane if he thinks a judge would say, geee maybe I should forget the constitution because someone may not like my ruling break the law and have to go to jail. That's some "thinking" process

Ostensibly, we can predict how that would've affected Ginsburg and Kagan's votes, since as the question was pending up to their Court of "should the fed preside over states on gay marriage", the two of them were openly presiding over states as The Supreme Federal Last Word by peforming gay weddings on public display. We can then extrapolate that if they are willing to violate the Constitution so flagrantly at that level that they would also "look away" as threats of jailing Christians for not playing along were bounced around in their presence.

But Kennedy, he's a different bloke. And also maybe Sotomayer and Breyer. But for the more senior and sensible one who at least has not displayed arrogant public bias while the case was pending (in violation of Massey Coal 2009), this topic is about Kennedy mainly. You can weigh in also on Sotomayor and Breyer too. But I think we're all 100% in agreement on Ginsburg and Kagan not changing their votes if they knew...

Discuss.
why do you think that an arrest for disobeying a court order would change the 14th amendment?

That wasn't the question Skylar. Nice Dodge though. This isn't about Kim Davis. It's about Kennedy and how he might have voted if he had a crystal ball showing him Kim Davis sitting in jail for her passive Christian refusal to accomodate a gay wedding.

For the purposes of this thread, use [insert random Christian's name here] in place of "Kim Davis", OK?

I never mentioned Kim Davis. You did. I alluded to her. Just as you did.

And notice how you won't touch Kennedy's joining the majority in Smith where the USSC found that religion alone doesn't justify the abrogation of civil law. Nor will you discuss or even acknowledge Kennedy's denial of cert for her appeal.

Exactly as I said you would......you ignore facts and cling to whatever pseudo-legal nonsense that is comforting to you. And as always, your babble has no relevance to the law, the real world or any court decision.

It was not her Christianity that landed her in jail.

Exactly. Its her attempt to force people to follow her religion using the power of the state that landed her in jail.

As it should have. Its a gross abuse of power. And a 1st amendment violation against Establishing Religion.

why do you think that an arrest for disobeying a court order would change the 14th amendment?

Here's a better question, why do you think non-existent "guarantees to just some deviant sex behaviors for marriage" in the 14th out-trump the 1st Amendment? (Hint: look to the 9th Amendment for who is going to win this little snafu..)

It was not her Christianity that landed her in jail.

It was her 1st amendment right to exercise her Christianity that landed her in jail.

Actually, its the 1st amendment that forbid her from doing what she did. As a government official weilding state power she attempted to use that power to force people to obey her religion.

That's the State establishment of religion. And forbidden by the 1st amendment. Which is one of the myriad of reasons Kim Davis lost. And same sex couples can get marriage licenses in Rowan county with relative ease.

Here's a better question, why do you think non-existent "guarantees to just some deviant sex behaviors for marriage" in the 14th out-trump the 1st Amendment? (Hint: look to the 9th Amendment for who is going to win this little snafu..)

You say that guarantees against discrimination and unequal protection under the law are 'non-existent'. The Supreme Court says they exist and are protected.

Your opinion v. the Supreme Court's binding legal precedent has the same winner every time: Not you.

Forum List

Back