If masks work why haven't they been a prescribed treatment?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Masks don't work or you would have seen more people using them in the past during pollen season.

Of course u have 😆
Not that many in the past try try again.

Not everyone has seasonal allergies, thus not everyone wears them for that. I see a lot more people wearing them these days than I did in say 2019. Prior to 2020 I never saw anyone in the US doing, though it is pretty common in many other countries.

Not everyone has seasonal allergies, thus not everyone wears them for that. I see a lot more people wearing them these days than I did in say 2019. Prior to 2020 I never saw anyone in the US doing, though it is pretty common in many other countries.
I understand that not everyone has allergies but those who do for the most part have never been prescribed to wear a mask as a treatment method.

I understand that not everyone has allergies but those who do for the most part have never been prescribed to wear a mask as a treatment method.

A mask is not something that is prescribed nor would it ever be. Does a doctor prescribe an ace bandage for a sprained wrist?

Masks don't work or you would have seen more people using them in the past during pollen season.
Masks aren't a "treatment". They are a preventative measure and we all know that no preventative measure is ever 100% effective.

Well all of us except you I guess.

Masks aren't a "treatment". They are a preventative measure and we all know that no preventative measure is ever 100% effective.

Well all of us except you I guess.
I said they would be a prescribed method of treatment. To help prevent flare ups. So if a pollen grain is bigger than a virus how would masks stop a virus?

The whole mask thing was a joke because:
  1. It never differentiated between a good mask like an N95 and the common, cheap cloth mask coverings 90% of the people wore.
  2. The government should have made them easily available and in sufficient quantity to be useful and healthy.
  3. Low income people unable to afford case after case of masks should have been offered them.
  4. The mask industry devolved into nothing but a market for expensive designer masks with logos on them as a fashion statement.

The whole mask thing was a joke because:
  1. It never differentiated between a good mask like an N95 and the common, cheap cloth mask coverings 90% of the people wore.
  2. The government should have made them easily available and in sufficient quantity to be useful and healthy.
  3. Low income people unable to afford case after case of masks should have been offered them.
  4. The mask industry devolved into nothing but a market for expensive designer masks with logos on them as a fashion statement.
Agreed

I said they would be a prescribed method of treatment. To help prevent flare ups. So if a pollen grain is bigger than a virus how would masks stop a virus?
They aren't "treatment"

Treatment of an illness or disease implies that you already have an illness or disease.

A preventative measure does not treat an illness or disease. It lessens the likelihood of contracting that illness or developing that disease.

They aren't "treatment"

Treatment of an illness or disease implies that you already have an illness or disease.

A preventative measure does not treat an illness or disease. It lessens the likelihood of contracting that illness or developing that disease.
It would be a prescribed method of of preventing a flare up of pollen allergies.

I laugh at them and if their kids are masked I make sure they see my disappointment and disapproval

That is because you are a dick and think that you know better than them what is good for them. Having spent as much time in Japan and Korea as I have I am not triggered by the sight of a mask. It is easy to tell who has probably never been more than a couple hundred miles from their home

It would be a prescribed method of of preventing a flare up of pollen allergies.
Why would it be?

Drs do not prescribe anything but medications. A Dr can suggest a person wear a mask. But as a person who suffers from seasonal allergies there is no reason to wear a mask when there are a plethora of over the counter medications that are extremely effective at managing allergy symptoms.

A mask is not something that is prescribed nor would it ever be. Does a doctor prescribe an ace bandage for a sprained wrist?
Yes doctor's do prescribed ace bandages for any sprains. So let me get your point that you want to make. Masks aren't prescribed by doctors but politicians can mandate we wear them. A doctor has a medical degree a politician has what?

That is because you are a dick and think that you know better than them what is good for them. Having spent as much time in Japan and Korea as I have I am not triggered by the sight of a mask. It is easy to tell who has probably never been more than a couple hundred miles from their home
I see they've become good little Proletariat and I'm revolted by it.

And you're an idiot.

Yes doctor's do prescribed ace bandages for any sprains. So let me get your point that you want to make. Masks aren't prescribed by doctors but politicians can mandate we wear them. A doctor has a medical degree a politician has what?
No they suggest the use.

And in the case of a sprain an ACE bandage is actually a treatment for the injury that provides compression and support. An ACE bandage does not prevent a sprain

Forum List

Back