If more guns makes a country safer

I had guns before I ever heard of the NRA or voted for any party. The safest place in the world right now is under my roof.

And the Supreme Court agrees with you. Under your roof with reasonable firearms, you should feel reasonably safe. And your should be able to reasonably use them to defend the security of your home as well. Notice the words "Reasonable" and "Home".

What constitutes a "reasonable" firearm? So howitzers and chain guns aren't allowed for self defense. :laugh:

Society deems what is "Reasonable" just like Society deems what is a "Home" through building codes. Reasonable is set by "Laws" which are set by Society.
Society gives me the right to bear arms.

A reasonable society would allow me to defend myself in "Public."

And most states have a "Reasonable" method for you to be armed in public. It's called Licensed CCW. And that is perfectly constitutional.

I had guns before I ever heard of the NRA or voted for any party. The safest place in the world right now is under my roof.

And the Supreme Court agrees with you. Under your roof with reasonable firearms, you should feel reasonably safe. And your should be able to reasonably use them to defend the security of your home as well. Notice the words "Reasonable" and "Home".

So ... when I leave my "home" I should be vulnerable to a deadly attack at the ATM, at a restaurant, while driving in my car or cycling through a public park, etc.?

Don't even PRETEND to be that stupid.

Why would I pretend to be that stupid. You are much more stupid and you don't even need to pretend. Most states have the CCW laws. Even the most regulated states and cities in the nation allows CCW. And it's already been proven that the safest people on the public streets with a gun is the CCW carriers. The most unsafe are the fruitcakes like you.

Right now...Fully automatic weapons are banned.
Right now...criminals have them...But it's illegal for me to own one (without a permit).
The law forces me to be less armed than the criminals!

That's what gun control laws do!

Well, it's been well over 30 years since any crime has been done using a fully auto firearm. And then that was taken down real fast. Full Auto Weapons are NOT in the hands of Criminals. You are just making shit up again. You win an award. Wear it proudly.

View attachment 285308
The North Hollywood shootout was not 30 years ago. In fact, it happened during the last bullshit Assault Weapons Ban.

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia
They used automatic weapons on which the bullcrap awb had no effect, and even if it had, laws don't stop criminals. if they did we would have no crime.

You read the entire page because it agrees with your predetermined views. But if something is contrary to your views you won't get much past the first few words. I read the whole thing regardless. Again, am I a gun grabber? I disagree with much of what you say. Does that make me a gun grabber? Simple question.

No, I read the entire page because it contained real DATA , rather than agenda-driven nonsense.

You sure make a lot of assumptions. You have decided what I will, and will not read. You are wrong, but you have the Right to be wrong.

Are you a gun grabber? I don't know. I haven't read enough of your posts to come to that conclusion. If you support the likes of Obama, Clinton, Sanders, Warren et. al., then yes, you are probably a gun grabber.

Obama never was against guns. Bill Clinton was never against guns and neither was Hillary. I'll give you Sanders and Warren. But you are wrong about everything else. You are just repeating what you handlers are telling you to say without doing any real research for your self. To give you an idea, Rump is more of a gun grabber than the Clintons or Obama. Yet you rave on and on about that fruitcake and how he can do no wrong. \

All of them are against guns you twit. Obama was focused on taking over healthcare and didn't want to lose democrat seats to votes for gun control.....which happened when the clinton's pushed the assault weapon ban in the 90s and lost control of congress for the democrats...which they had controlled for over 40 years.........so he settled on packing the Federal Judiciary with anti-gun judges and Supreme Court Justices, and then focused their gun control efforts at the state level...knowing that the split on the Supreme Court would keep them from slapping down, left wing anti-gun rulings at the state level.

Yes. Society is made safer by it not being lawful for individuals to possess firearms for self defence.

I believe you got that one completely wrong.

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

What constitutes a "reasonable" firearm? So howitzers and chain guns aren't allowed for self defense. :laugh:

Society deems what is "Reasonable" just like Society deems what is a "Home" through building codes. Reasonable is set by "Laws" which are set by Society.
Society gives me the right to bear arms.

A reasonable society would allow me to defend myself in "Public."

And most states have a "Reasonable" method for you to be armed in public. It's called Licensed CCW. And that is perfectly constitutional.

No, it is not Constitutional..... Poll Taxes and Literacy tests don't work for voting and charging a fee or putting requirements on the exercise of a Right are also non-starters....

Wait... we should restrict people's rights because of what they -might- do?
:lol: :lol:
But didn't you know that everyone is just a murderer in waiting?
Murderer, rapist, prostitute, pedophile, terrorist - whatever.
Well those people are all brown, according to Humpty Trumpty.
So, you agree; restricting peoples' rights because they -might- commit a crime is inane.
Good to hear.
I think gun nutters should have to take a fear test before they can carry a gun. If the sight of a brown woman and child illegally crossing the border makes them flop sweat and hyperventilate, then they definitely have too much fear to own a gun.

Also, since you value my opinion so highly, I would institute a minimum penis size before a man can own a gun. Girth and length. Despite red state white male uneducated voter belief, a gun is not a substitute for your tiny pecker.

And there you have it.......another anti-gun loon who has a psycho-sexual fixation on guns as a substitute for the penis. This seems to be a common mental disorder with these types....and really needs to be addressed by a psychiatric professional.

Wait... we should restrict people's rights because of what they -might- do?
:lol: :lol:
So, you agree; restricting peoples' rights because they -might- commit a crime is inane.
Good to hear.
I think gun nutters should have to take a fear test before they can carry a gun. If the sight of a brown woman and child illegally crossing the border makes them flop sweat and hyperventilate, then they definitely have too much fear to own a gun.

Also, since you value my opinion so highly, I would institute a minimum penis size before a man can own a gun. Girth and length. Despite red state white male uneducated voter belief, a gun is not a substitute for your tiny pecker.
You think?

Highly unlikely.

My gun makes me safer under specific conditions.

I'm not really concerned with making you safer.
We’re interested in what makes us all safer. Background checks and maybe we don’t allow people to buy assault weapons and wmds

All guns are weapons of mass destruction. The problem is people with very little knowledge of guns don't understand that.

No, people with guns don't understand that us people who want common sense gun legislation aren't trying to ban 10 round magazines just 20 round magazines.

I have a lot of knowledge about guns. I own about 5 guns.

Maybe it's you who has very little knowledge about what our knowledge is?

It would be so easy to pick them off in a civil war. Them running around with their red maga hats.

You live in the CITY, right?

Kind of. I live in Metro Detroit. A suburb of Detroit. Technically, no, I don't live in a city. But I also don't live in the country. I'm sort of on the edge.

You guys can pick off a lot of us liberals easy. If you see a black, gay, Muslim, Mexican or Jew there is a 90% chance that person voted Democratic.

We’re interested in what makes us all safer. Background checks and maybe we don’t allow people to buy assault weapons and wmds

All guns are weapons of mass destruction. The problem is people with very little knowledge of guns don't understand that.

No, people with guns don't understand that us people who want common sense gun legislation aren't trying to ban 10 round magazines just 20 round magazines.

About 5?

So what is that 4.5?

And you are also trying to ban 15 round magazines, you know the ones that are standard size when you buy a handgun.

It would be so easy to pick them off in a civil war. Them running around with their red maga hats.

Kind of. I live in Metro Detroit. A suburb of Detroit. Technically, no, I don't live in a city. But I also don't live in the country. I'm sort of on the edge.

You guys can pick off a lot of us liberals easy. If you see a black, gay, Muslim, Mexican or Jew there is a 90% chance that person voted Democratic.

Muslims don't like democrats because Muslims hate gays, people who do drugs or drink, women who are too liberated etc

As a gay, half-black / half-Hispanic Jew... I'm offended by that statement.

No, people with guns don't understand that us people who want common sense gun legislation....
There no sense to be found in any of the restrictions you seek to place on the law abiding, common or otherwise, as evidenced by the fact you cannot demonstrate the necessity for, and efficacy of, same.

Tell me, am I a gun Grabber? Do I want to grab your guns? You want to keep preaching to me. But if I present concrete evidence you won't read it either. I don't see much of a difference in both groups.

There is no concrete evidence to support the arguments of the gun grabbers.

There is no such thing as common sense gun legislation. You have posted a perfect example.

You can always tell when someone is lying, when that person makes a statement like that.

Who among us, could own 4 or 5 cars, without knowing the EXACT COUNT? Once you get up over 100 cars, and your daily activities might include buying, selling or trading them, you MIGHT be able to honestly say "I own about a hundred cars." If you own 4 guns, you KNOW you own 4 guns. If you own 5 guns, you KNOW you own 5 guns.

The grabbers have absolutely ZERO knowledge about guns, gun owners or the Second Amendment. They have demonstrated this time and time again.

Last edited:
Good to hear.

And there you have it.......another anti-gun loon who has a psycho-sexual fixation on guns as a substitute for the penis. This seems to be a common mental disorder with these types....and really needs to be addressed by a psychiatric professional.
I'm not the one who needs to load up on these phallic symbols every time I leave the house.

You are projecting. Medication and therapy can help you accept your physical limitations.

About 5?

So what is that 4.5?

And you are also trying to ban 15 round magazines, you know the ones that are standard size when you buy a handgun.
My ruger 1911 45 only holds 8. You can buy an extended mag that holds 10. Your semi auto handgun holds 15? Yea, I would probably ban the manufacturing of that capacity mag.

You can keep the ones you have though. I just want to stop a future nut from being able to dole out max carnage. You just have to reload after 10 shots when you are hitting your little paper targets.

Forum List

Back