🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Obama prosecuting 40% LESS gun violations then BUSH..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
why would MORE gun regulations make any difference?
For example, maybe our government should spend MORE TIME ENFORCING existing gun laws rather then write more that duplicate already existing laws... like murder is against the law right????

Every gun-banner hollers for more "Laws ban the gun" .. YET Obama/Holder AREN"T prosecuting those existing weapons case NOW!!!

HOW inefficient is the Obama administration if they have cases in process but they aren't prosecuting them???

Gun prosecutions down 40% under Obama

Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.

"If you are not going to enforce the laws on the books, then don't start talking about a whole new wave of new laws," said a gun rights advocate.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/gun-prosecutions-under-obama-down-over-40#ixzz2HXrwrWdf

Does it NOT make sense to enforce and prosecute those existing LAWS rather then write more onerous and restrictive laws that ONLY law abiding citizens will follow?

It just is stupid to think WRITING MORE LAWS results in less crimes WHEN the DoJ isn't prosecuting EXISTING LAWS!!!

Can you say 'politics.' Eric agrees with you though. "Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fuck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fucking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fuckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."[/b]

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fucking firearms! "
from p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen [bold added]

"The most contentious of the usual canons of theory preference is that of conservatism. Above, I expressed it as the policy of choosing the hypothesis that best squares with what you already have reason to believe, but actually I myself defend an even bolder version: prefer the hypothesis that best squares with what you already do believe, reasonably or not. That is the really contentious version; critics who do not mind simplicity, testability, fruitfulness and the rest sometimes balk at conservatism in this bolder sense, because it sounds particularly dogmatic, bigoted, pigheaded." William G. Lycan

All that being said.. 40% reduction in Federal gun prosecutions!
Why? Why not enforce the existing laws?

why would MORE gun regulations make any difference?
For example, maybe our government should spend MORE TIME ENFORCING existing gun laws rather then write more that duplicate already existing laws... like murder is against the law right????

Every gun-banner hollers for more "Laws ban the gun" .. YET Obama/Holder AREN"T prosecuting those existing weapons case NOW!!!

HOW inefficient is the Obama administration if they have cases in process but they aren't prosecuting them???

Gun prosecutions down 40% under Obama

Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.

"If you are not going to enforce the laws on the books, then don't start talking about a whole new wave of new laws," said a gun rights advocate.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/gun-prosecutions-under-obama-down-over-40#ixzz2HXrwrWdf

He doesnt want to convict any of his homeboys.
Thats why it's only down 40%. If he stopped convicting hispanics as well it would be down 80%.

I read where Obama/Holder has such a disrespect for the intelligence of the American people they purposeful have reduced gun prosecutions SO they could push for complete gun ban! Talk about "Fast and Furious" on a bigger scale!

obama wouldn't want to prosecute a criminal for a gun violation. He just wants to prosecute law abiding citizens. The primary effect of gun bans is to increase firearm use among criminals leaving citizens with no means of self defense. That's his purpose.

If the OP doesn't know the difference between "than" and "then", do people still pay attention?

Well only the really intelligent ones like you I'm sure totally dismiss that glaringly stupid error on my part.
You are right. I have no excuse for poor grammar.

I though do pay attention closely to spelling simply because when a little red dotted line "................." appears under a misspelled word I pay attention.

I would be just as attentive to grammar errors such as you pointed out if there were such a stop sign present, i.e. dotted line!

I am not any better speller then anyone else here...but I guess I pay more attention to the little red dotted line "................." and can only assume those idiots that ignore the little red dotted line "................." do so because they are lazy!

So mea culpa, three hail Marys and whatever else I need to apologize for my POOR GRAMMAR!!!

Forum List

Back