🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If polyamory is next, then polygamy isn't far behind

Its not my argument. And once again, even you won't touch it. If even you don't have a 'love is love' argument in favor of polygamy, why do you think I would?

I am critiquing the argument made by some SSM advocates, nothing more. To me it has to apply to plural marriage as long as all parties are OK with it.

Even you can't make your argument work. As when asked to make your *own* argument.......you refuse. And its your argument.

it's not my argument, its my view on other's argument, and your inability or wanton refusal to admit to the crux of said argument.

You're the one forwarding it, you're the one demanding it be defended. Yet when I ask you to make your *own* argument regarding 'love is love' and polygamy......even you can't polish that turd.

You have nothing but excuses.

And you have nothing but dodges and retreating to authority appeals.

Its not my argument. You're the one offering it. And even you can't make that steaming pile of rhetorical horseshit work.

When and if you ever have a credible 'love is love' argument for polygamy......offer it.

Those are rulings by the courts, that just happen to be federal.

As your laughably inaccurate argument was that the federal government don't defend the 2nd amendment, you just conceded the entire debate.

Again, if it did I could get a pistol for home ownership without paying $1000 and waiting 3-6 months.

The Courts make a ruling, and no one is enforcing it on NYC. The Feds aren't doing shit.

Again, pretending that the Heller and McDonald decisions don't exist doesn't magically make them disappear. You only blind yourself when you close your eyes.

We can still see them.

They don't exist in NYC, and that's what matters to me.

Heller and McDonald do exist in NYC. And you ignore them. And of course the 2nd amendment applies to far more than just you.

Then why do I have to wait 2-6 months and pay $1000 and win the approval of some NYPD flunky to keep a revolver in my apartment legally?

I am critiquing the argument made by some SSM advocates, nothing more. To me it has to apply to plural marriage as long as all parties are OK with it.

Even you can't make your argument work. As when asked to make your *own* argument.......you refuse. And its your argument.

it's not my argument, its my view on other's argument, and your inability or wanton refusal to admit to the crux of said argument.

You're the one forwarding it, you're the one demanding it be defended. Yet when I ask you to make your *own* argument regarding 'love is love' and polygamy......even you can't polish that turd.

Its not my argument. You're the one offering it. And even you can't make that steaming pile of rhetorical horseshit work.

When and if you ever have a credible 'love is love' argument for polygamy......offer it.

Again, its not my argument, it someone else's argument, the same one used to convince people that SSM is something to get behind and support. My point is that the same logic can be applied to plural marriage, and so far you have not given me any reason to negate that point.

As your laughably inaccurate argument was that the federal government don't defend the 2nd amendment, you just conceded the entire debate.

Again, if it did I could get a pistol for home ownership without paying $1000 and waiting 3-6 months.

The Courts make a ruling, and no one is enforcing it on NYC. The Feds aren't doing shit.

Again, pretending that the Heller and McDonald decisions don't exist doesn't magically make them disappear. You only blind yourself when you close your eyes.

We can still see them.

Heller and McDonald do exist in NYC. And you ignore them. And of course the 2nd amendment applies to far more than just you.

Then why do I have to wait 2-6 months and pay $1000 and win the approval of some NYPD flunky to keep a revolver in my apartment legally?

Why do you ignore Heller and McDonald? Again, pretending that neither ruling exists doesn't mean they magically disappear.

Remember, the world doesn't vanish just because you close your eyes.

Again, its not my argument, it someone else's argument, the same one used to convince people that SSM is something to get behind and support.

And when did SSM supporters offer a 'love is love' argument in support of polygamy?

They never did. The only one applying such an argument to polygamy....is you. And even you can't make it work, giving us nothing but excuses why you can't.

We can still see them.

Why do you ignore Heller and McDonald? Again, pretending that neither ruling exists doesn't mean they magically disappear.

I am not ignoring them, I am saying they have not had any impact o me so far. So where is the Federal Government protecting me?

Right now they are nothing more than scraps of paper. If they meant anything more than that I could get a revolver without waiting 6 months, paying $1000 and convincing some Desk Cop that I need it.

Again, its not my argument, it someone else's argument, the same one used to convince people that SSM is something to get behind and support.

And when did SSM supporters offer a 'love is love' argument in support of polygamy?

They never did. The only one applying such an argument to polygamy....is you. And even you can't make it work, giving us nothing but excuses why you can't.

I am not arguing that they offer it, I am saying the exact same argument can be used, and will be used.

We can still see them.

I am not ignoring them, I am saying they have not had any impact o me so far. So where is the Federal Government protecting me?

Obviously you are ignoring them if you're claiming the federal government doesn't defend the 2nd amendment.

And you're just as obviously wrong.

I am not arguing that they offer it, I am saying the exact same argument can be used, and will be used.

Used...where? Certainly not in court. And if the same argument 'can be used', then use it.

Make your 'love is love' argument in support of polygamy. Tell us why it should be legal.

Obviously you are ignoring them if you're claiming the federal government doesn't defend the 2nd amendment.

it's not defending MY 2nd amendment rights, and that is the whole desired result of the exercise isn't it?

Again, if they are doing it, why do I still have to wait 3-6 months to get a revolver, spend $1000 or so, and ask some NYPD guy behind a desk permission?

it's not defending MY 2nd amendment rights, and that is the whole desired result of the exercise isn't it?

So neither Heller nor McDonald apply to you? Can you show us the cases explicitly exempting you?

Used...where? Certainly not in court. And if the same argument 'can be used', then use it.

Make your 'love is love' argument in support of polygamy. Tell us why it should be legal.

Stop running to the "legal" argument, I'm not discussing that. Stop being so obtuse.

So neither Heller nor McDonald apply to you? Can you show us the cases explicitly exempting you?

Can I get a Hand gun without $1000, 3-6 month wait, and permission of NYPD?

Stop running to the "legal" argument, I'm not discussing that. Stop being so obtuse.

You're not discussing anything, as you won't make you 'love is love' argument for polygamy either.

No one is. Shit or get off the pot. But if even you can't make your argument work, why are you demanding we polish that turd?

Does Heller and McDonald apply to NY?

You're not discussing anything, as you won't make you 'love is love' argument for polygamy either.

No one is. Shit or get off the pot. But if even you can't make your argument work, why are you demanding we polish that turd?

I am asking you to take a position, and you refuse to.

Kind of like how the Ideal Gas Law applies to actual gaseous system interactions.

You're asking me to take a position that even *you* can't defend. Why would I?

Kind of like how the Ideal Gas Law applies to actual gaseous system interactions.

Or, more accurately, how supreme court rulings apply to the entire country. Heller resolved the issue federally. McDonald with the States.

Do you deny any of this?

You're asking me to take a position that even *you* can't defend. Why would I?

Because that's the whole point of these past 5 pages of me asking you to do it.

Forum List

Back