If Romney doesnt soundly defeat Obama in the debates...

This is an important election -- in many ways as important as any this century -- and I think that the Democratic Party and the Liberal Party here in New York, and those who believe in progress all over the United States, should be associated with us in this great effort. The reason that Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman and Adlai Stevenson had influence abroad, and the United States in their time had it, was because they moved this country here at home, because they stood for something here in the United States, for expanding the benefits of our society to our own people, and the people around the world looked to us as a symbol of hope.

I think it is our task to re-create the same atmosphere in our own time. Our national elections have often proved to be the turning point in the course of our country. I am proposing that 1960 be another turning point in the history of the great Republic.

Some pundits are saying it's 1928 all over again. I say it's 1932 all over again. I say this is the great opportunity that we will have in our time to move our people and this country and the people of the free world beyond the new frontiers of the 1960s.
Accepting the NY Liberal Party Nomination, 1960 . Kennedy . WGBH American Experience | PBS

JFK would be to the right of our two liberal parties today, Republicans and Democrats...
Conservatives even botch JFKs most famous quote. It was a call to public service not a condemnation of welfare

yep.. and ... ...

John Fitzgerald Kennedy believed in the redistribution of wealth!

What citation can Dainty provide for the claim that JFK -- who denied that he was a liberal aligned with the likes of SDS -- was pro-"redistribution of wealth?"

douchebagh run away?

:laugh2:

This may be the longest 10 days that many of you nutters have ever experienced.

Your hand-wringing over this ass whipping that Mitt will take will be very entertaining.....but I feel for you.

I predict the debates will be like this.

"Mr. President, what do you think of those Bears?"
"Go Chicago!"

"Mr. Romney, could you explain to us your tax plan in detail, laying out the costs and savings over a 20 year period?"

I'm surprised people are actually still taking Romney seriously. It's obvious that he's a joke and the Republicans don't want to win this election. Every week some hilarious face palm comes from his campaign. I'm enjoying it for the entertainment value though.

I'm surprised people are actually still taking Romney seriously. It's obvious that he's a joke and the Republicans don't want to win this election. Every week some hilarious face palm comes from his campaign. I'm enjoying it for the entertainment value though.

This post just says.....

I'm a clown who has no actual input.

Welcome to the board. We were short one hack

This may be the longest 10 days that many of you nutters have ever experienced.

Your hand-wringing over this ass whipping that Mitt will take will be very entertaining.....but I feel for you.

Romneys drop in the polls over the last days has been tremendous. The more he tries, the further back he falls

Romney is at a major disadvantage against Obama in the debates. America knows and generally likes Obama, Romneys forced like ability does not carry well

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

You are listening way to much of main stream beat down of Romney, for his tax return, which if it was a major issue the IRS would have stepped in long ago. Or some other none issue bull shit, just as long as they do not have to talk about obama's economy They neglect to task obama on his economic and Foreign appeasement policy

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

The problem for Romney is the debates are for Obama to lose. It doesn’t make any difference how ‘well’ Romney does, all Obama has to do is avoid saying something stupid, and he wins re-election.

And of course Romney put himself in a deep hole with the 47 Percent speech, giving Obama a powerful weapon with which to counter-attack should Romney gain traction on an issue.

The problem for Romney is the debates are for Obama to lose. It doesn’t make any difference how ‘well’ Romney does, all Obama has to do is avoid saying something stupid, and he wins re-election.

And of course Romney put himself in a deep hole with the 47 Percent speech, giving Obama a powerful weapon with which to counter-attack should Romney gain traction on an issue.

it's the economy stupid and don't you forget it.

Agree......With the 47percent gaffe, Romney has handed Obama a big stick with which to be beaten with

I take it you think that's a bad thing for Obama.

Perhaps not.
The survey also shows why it may be difficult for Republicans to center the election on the famous Ronald Reagan question to voters that the party highlighted at its national convention last month: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

That question divides likely voters almost exactly in thirds: in the poll, 31 percent say they are better off than four years ago, while 34 percent say they are worse off and 34 percent say they are about the same. Romney, predictably, wins more than four-fifths of voters who say they are worse off; the president, equally unsurprisingly, attracts almost nine in 10 of those who consider themselves better off.

Crucially, though, Obama holds a commanding 57 percent to 34 percent advantage among those who say their finances are unchanged. One reason for that critical tilt in his direction: Voters who say their finances are unchanged also say, by a resounding 53 percent to 33 percent margin, that they believe the country has been better off over these past four years because Obama, rather than another candidate, won in 2008.

Overall, 48 percent say they believe the country is better off because Obama won in 2008, while 41 percent say the nation would be in a stronger position today if another candidate had won.

And in the single most important swing state, Ohio, the latest poll showing Obama with a 5-point lead in the state also showed:
When survey participants were asked which candidate would do the best job of improving economic conditions in Ohio, Obama prevailed by 5 points.

Agree......With the 47percent gaffe, Romney has handed Obama a big stick with which to be beaten with

ECONOMY-STUPID-87331516404_xlarge.jpeg

I take it you think that's a bad thing for Obama.

Perhaps not.
The survey also shows why it may be difficult for Republicans to center the election on the famous Ronald Reagan question to voters that the party highlighted at its national convention last month: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

That question divides likely voters almost exactly in thirds: in the poll, 31 percent say they are better off than four years ago, while 34 percent say they are worse off and 34 percent say they are about the same. Romney, predictably, wins more than four-fifths of voters who say they are worse off; the president, equally unsurprisingly, attracts almost nine in 10 of those who consider themselves better off.

Crucially, though, Obama holds a commanding 57 percent to 34 percent advantage among those who say their finances are unchanged. One reason for that critical tilt in his direction: Voters who say their finances are unchanged also say, by a resounding 53 percent to 33 percent margin, that they believe the country has been better off over these past four years because Obama, rather than another candidate, won in 2008.

Overall, 48 percent say they believe the country is better off because Obama won in 2008, while 41 percent say the nation would be in a stronger position today if another candidate had won.

And in the single most important swing state, Ohio, the latest poll showing Obama with a 5-point lead in the state also showed:
When survey participants were asked which candidate would do the best job of improving economic conditions in Ohio, Obama prevailed by 5 points.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6039034-post1.html

This post just says.....

I'm a clown who has no actual input.

Welcome to the board. We were short one hack

Is there anything worse than a dummy who believes that he s not a dummy?

You are listening way to much of main stream beat down of Romney, for his tax return, which if it was a major issue the IRS would have stepped in long ago. Or some other none issue bull shit, just as long as they do not have to talk about obama's economy They neglect to task obama on his economic and Foreign appeasement policy

Well said, dummy. Perfectly constructed.

Unless he is asked soft ball questions, he will not be able to survive the debates since he has given so many different versions of his answers and policies over the last year. He will be easily tripped up and I really hope he is asked some serious questions with examples of his own words about his constantly changing rhetoric.

Does no one else see this reality?

No because they get their news from Fox and the commentators their are spinning how it will be a Romney landslide.

Kinda reminds me of the fatboy in north korea.

Their propaganda news said that during the Olympics, "North Korea got all gold medals, China got all silver medals, and Russia got all Bronze medals while USA came in dead last"

Forum List

Back