If selling a gay couple a wedding cake means a "Christian" baker participated in the marriage...

There are plenty of Homosexual bakers out there- there really is no reason for people intent on Gay Marriage to insist that Christians bake a cake for them.

The only reason I see is that the Homos want to "stick it" in the eye of Normative Americans who are offended by this bastardization.

BTW, if I was a baker, I'd have no problem with baking a cake for this kind of silliness. I'd still think it was stupid, but I liked Jim Carey in drag as Vera De Milo back in the day.
Your proof that being gay is not normal?

That's idiotic, and it shows how little you really know about firearms or firearms law. A firearms dealer requires a purchaser to fill out a BATFE Form 4473 which asks the purchaser if he or she is a felon, an illegal, a doper, has been adjudicated mentally deficient, and a whole bunch of other questions. Then the purchaser's name is submitted to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System where if there is a problem, the transfer is refused.

So if that firearms purchaser legally purchases the firearm and then commits a crime with it, what the hell makes you think that the seller "participated" in the crime? That's both childish and retarded.

The problem here is the gun sellers and the National Rampage Association have so watered down those background checks that anyone can pass them. "Oh you didn't self-identify as crazy? Well, alrighty then, you look perfect sane to me, Mr. Holmes. Nice Orange hair, by the way, but why are you dressed like the Joker again? Never mind, you filled out form 4473 and told me you weren't crazy, so here's your AR-15 and your 100 round magazine!!! Have fun at the movies! "

If a Jew went into a Muslim owed grocery store and wanted them to prepare things for a Passover feast, you would have a comparable situation.

Under the laws in place today, the Muslim would have to help prepare the Passover feast.

Probably. I'd have no problem with suing them if they refused. If these were products they offered, they have to sell them.

With the case of the baker, the intent is known being for the gay wedding.

Unless the guy buying the gun informs the seller of his intent to commit murder, these are two totally different types of things.

again, the gun industry is predicated on selling to crazy people...

If a Jew went into a Muslim owed grocery store and wanted them to prepare things for a Passover feast, you would have a comparable situation.

Under the laws in place today, the Muslim would have to help prepare the Passover feast.

Probably. I'd have no problem with suing them if they refused. If these were products they offered, they have to sell them.

With the case of the baker, the intent is known being for the gay wedding.

Unless the guy buying the gun informs the seller of his intent to commit murder, these are two totally different types of things.

again, the gun industry is predicated on selling to crazy people...

Predicated on it? That requires support.

Why else would someone ask for a homosexual wedding cake?
because they're homo's, and wish to celebrate it....

If someone is a homosexual, IMHO, they should share the information on a "need to know" basis. I guess they have to share it with their fellow butt sex aficionados , but I can't think of a reason why I would need to know that about someone
because you're a baker being asked to bake>>>
14.jpg

When in fact, he doesn't carry those products and thus, doesn't sell them to anyone, regardless of protected status
They're asking a baker for a cake, bakers carry cake & cake products
The logic was fucked up.
Bakers weigh in on Colorado gay wedding cake standoff -- by baking!

&&&&

Gay wedding cake ruling reaffirms that businesses can't discriminate (Opinion) - CNN

The court did not rule that the Constitution grants the right to discriminate but maintained the longstanding principle that business owners cannot deny equal access to goods and services.

The case did, however, unearth a question decided half a century ago: Can business owners in America use their religious beliefs as a justification to discriminate?

and get a load of this jem>>>

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 banned discrimination in public accommodations based on race, color, religion or national origin. <snip> Several years later, in the 1968 Newman v. Piggie Park Enterprises decision, the Supreme Court upheld the law by rejecting a barbecue restaurant owner's claim that his religious beliefs justified discrimination against African-American customers.

'effin entrapment!
~S~
not the type they want. Same as a Jewish deli doesn't sell ham sandwiches to anyone, regardless of protected status.

If someone is a homosexual, IMHO, they should share the information on a "need to know" basis. I guess they have to share it with their fellow butt sex aficionados , but I can't think of a reason why I would need to know that about someone
14.jpg

When in fact, he doesn't carry those products and thus, doesn't sell them to anyone, regardless of protected status
The logic was fucked up.

&&&&

Gay wedding cake ruling reaffirms that businesses can't discriminate (Opinion) - CNN

The court did not rule that the Constitution grants the right to discriminate but maintained the longstanding principle that business owners cannot deny equal access to goods and services.

The case did, however, unearth a question decided half a century ago: Can business owners in America use their religious beliefs as a justification to discriminate?

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 banned discrimination in public accommodations based on race, color, religion or national origin. <snip> Several years later, in the 1968 Newman v. Piggie Park Enterprises decision, the Supreme Court upheld the law by rejecting a barbecue restaurant owner's claim that his religious beliefs justified discrimination against African-American customers.

'effin entrapment!
~S~
not the type they want. Same as a Jewish deli doesn't sell ham sandwiches to anyone, regardless of protected status.

A Jew and a Muslim walk into a sandwich shop , the daily special is ham sandwhich ........you finish the joke......~S~

14.jpg

The logic was fucked up.

&&&&

'effin entrapment!
~S~

A Jew and a Muslim walk into a sandwich shop , the daily special is ham sandwhich ........you finish the joke......~S~
They don't serve ham sandwiches. The joke is on the homo who demands one.

#HeteroPride.

14.jpg

The logic was fucked up.

&&&&

'effin entrapment!
~S~

#HeteroPride.
13422956_1739163216362665_660749291_n.jpg

14.jpg

The logic was fucked up.

&&&&

'effin entrapment!
~S~

#HeteroPride.
13422956_1739163216362665_660749291_n.jpg
Still don't sell certain types of cakes or sandwiches to anyone, regardless of protected status.

Not discriminatory. :)

B'loney. Making a cake is a creative endeavor of a customized product requiring specific labor. The cake baker didn't refuse to sell a ready made cake to gays; he refused to do a custom wedding cake.

So, if you wish to make an analogy, find a gun seller who hand made a gun knowing that the buyer was planning to murder someone.

Oh, please, this "Artistic" stuff is crap. You bake the cake, you put frosting on it, you stick the little figures up top. It's not fucking brain surgery.

ORLY? Please post pics of your cakes that compare to this:

beautiful-wedding-cakes-toppers.jpg

Then don't buy one or eat it.

I probably won't.

But if I decide I want one and you tell me you are going sell it to me, you don't get to say, "Oops, no, I don't like you!"

Yes, I do if you want me to make a custom one that I don't want to make. You can buy an off the shelf ready made one.

Yes, I do if you want me to make a custom one that I don't want to make. You can buy an off the shelf ready made one.

But your business is making custom cakes...

Public Accommedation.

Not an issue.

You don't want to make cakes for the icky, icky, gays, then close down your bakery and find something else to do for a living.

You are disingenuously twisting the meaning of public accommodation. The phrase pertains to services needed in the moment (food, lodging)...not future products that can be easily acquired elsewhere.

Forum List

Back