If the Internet becomes a public utility, you’ll pay more. Here’s why.

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Everyone knew it was coming, it is only a matter of time for the government to screw yet another good thing for consumers.

Under this decision to reclassify broadband, Americans would face a host of new state and local taxes and fees that apply to public utilities. These new levies, according to the Progressive Policy Institute (PPI), would total $15 billion annually. On average, consumers would pay an additional $67 for landline broadband, and $72 for mobile broadband each year, according to PPI’s calculations, with charges varying from state to state.

If the Internet becomes a public utility you 8217 ll pay more. Here 8217 s why.

BFD. Like ISPs wouldn't do the same thing.

I'm already paying more than that for refusing to watch TV.

I thought we laughed at the OP argument a few weeks ago.

Are they so stupid they are trying to bring up this crap again.

Everyone knew it was coming, it is only a matter of time for the government to screw yet another good thing for consumers.

Under this decision to reclassify broadband, Americans would face a host of new state and local taxes and fees that apply to public utilities. These new levies, according to the Progressive Policy Institute (PPI), would total $15 billion annually. On average, consumers would pay an additional $67 for landline broadband, and $72 for mobile broadband each year, according to PPI’s calculations, with charges varying from state to state.

If the Internet becomes a public utility you 8217 ll pay more. Here 8217 s why.
The least I ever paid for electricity was on a public utility.

This scaaaaaary message brought to you by the entirely honest and good people of America's cable industry.

Forum List

Back