If The Senate shuts this down....

And rump would have started at the lowest court, lost, taken it to the next higher court, lost.....rinse, repeat as necessary and 2 years would have gone by before the Supreme Court would have ruled exactly like they did in 1974. Actually, the SC would have not ruled at all since it was already ruled on. Why waste the bother. Now, let the Senate do their thing where there is NO way out in even the courts. If they try and sweep it under the table, the Senate Reps and Rump all look like co-conspirators (which they are) and November isn't very kind to any of them except the deep, deep red areas.

Nancy is playing the Reps like a fiddle on this one.
There's nothing to "sweep under the table," shit for brains. The Dims have no case. They have admitted as much. There's no way out for the Dims.

I am watching the Senate Hearings right now. Not once has any of the Reps said that Rump didn't do anything wrong. Instead, they are trying to find ways to get this over as quickly as possible. It's worse than I thought it would be. Moscow Mitch read his opening statement that just as well as been written by a Rump speech writer. So far, Moscow Mitch is trying to sweep it all under the table. He's not representing the Senate, he's representing Rump. And most of the Rep Senators are also representing the Rump as well. It's coming out pretty loud.

The resolution that has been presented is exactly what needs to be done but Moscow Mitch will probably table it. In other words, kill it. And that would be completely contrary to ALL of the Impeachment trials of the past. No matter what Moscow Mitch says, he's making the rules up to suit Rump, no one else. And careers be damned.

Good thing the House didn't do the same for the inquiry, huh?

The House could not extend consequences. The Senate can. If the Senate is denied anything by the President, they can vote to remove him from office in compliance with the House's Impeachment article. Simple as that. The Court rulings have already been made under Nixon which is considered the modern Gold Standard. And there won't be any court ruling since that ruling has already been made. Rump would be removed from office should the Senate choose. The House did not have that option.

Using the Nixon Trial as the Gold Standard, the Senate can compel anyone to testify under oath including any of the Cabinet members past or present. Executive Privilege only extends to those items that CONGRESS deems as National Security. And I doubt if the two articles of impeachment have anything to do with National Security. Rumps actions with Ukraine and his trying to cover his tracks have zero to do with national security. Therefore, any and all information pertaining to either are fair game. And it's the Senates obligation to call any and all witnesses pertaining to the two articles of impeachment. If Justice Roberts believes calling Hunter Biden is within those confines then that, too, is within those confines. The only US Citizen that cannot be force to testify is Rump, himself.

Moscow Mitch is trying to keep on representing Rump instead of the People of the United States of America. He's trying to rewrite the rules set by the Nixon and Clinton Impeachment proceedings.

First off, you are wrong. There is no precedent for when a President can use EP to not comply with Congress. DumBama did it, and the Republicans had to take it to court to force him to hand over the requested documents. Each case is different due to national security measures.

If the Senate demands anything of Trump, he can do the same thing; claim executive privilege. Then, if desired, Mitch can go through the legal process to force him to give up documents, witnesses, or testimony. Under no condition will they remove him from office for that reason. Furthermore I doubt if Mitch would even go that far. He will continue the hearing without those witnesses.

I know the commies think they run the entire country now, but they don't. The House made their rules of the inquiry, and now Mitch gets to make the rules in the Senate hearing.

And the Senate can remove him from office for that action. Simple as that. Rump is Impeached. The Senate is only there to decide if it's serious enough to remove him from office or not. All the circus dog and pony stuff just involves a Fat Lady, Donkey and a mysterious disappearing Midget (use your own imagination).

The House that made those rules made them when Clinton was being impeached. The Republican House. But it was much fairer done since the minor party was also consulted. During that same time period, the Senate had rules made by a series of agreements by both the Senate Reps and Dems. And it worked out well. What we have now is ONE MAN making the rules. Ever wonder why after each proposal a break has to be taken no matter how short it takes to bring it to the floor? Moscow Mitch has to rally the troops and make sure that every 54 vote is counted. This is a sham. Not by the House but by Moscow Mitch. See my other post.

There's nothing to "sweep under the table," shit for brains. The Dims have no case. They have admitted as much. There's no way out for the Dims.

I am watching the Senate Hearings right now. Not once has any of the Reps said that Rump didn't do anything wrong. Instead, they are trying to find ways to get this over as quickly as possible. It's worse than I thought it would be. Moscow Mitch read his opening statement that just as well as been written by a Rump speech writer. So far, Moscow Mitch is trying to sweep it all under the table. He's not representing the Senate, he's representing Rump. And most of the Rep Senators are also representing the Rump as well. It's coming out pretty loud.

The resolution that has been presented is exactly what needs to be done but Moscow Mitch will probably table it. In other words, kill it. And that would be completely contrary to ALL of the Impeachment trials of the past. No matter what Moscow Mitch says, he's making the rules up to suit Rump, no one else. And careers be damned.

The House could not extend consequences. The Senate can. If the Senate is denied anything by the President, they can vote to remove him from office in compliance with the House's Impeachment article. Simple as that. The Court rulings have already been made under Nixon which is considered the modern Gold Standard. And there won't be any court ruling since that ruling has already been made. Rump would be removed from office should the Senate choose. The House did not have that option.

Using the Nixon Trial as the Gold Standard, the Senate can compel anyone to testify under oath including any of the Cabinet members past or present. Executive Privilege only extends to those items that CONGRESS deems as National Security. And I doubt if the two articles of impeachment have anything to do with National Security. Rumps actions with Ukraine and his trying to cover his tracks have zero to do with national security. Therefore, any and all information pertaining to either are fair game. And it's the Senates obligation to call any and all witnesses pertaining to the two articles of impeachment. If Justice Roberts believes calling Hunter Biden is within those confines then that, too, is within those confines. The only US Citizen that cannot be force to testify is Rump, himself.

Moscow Mitch is trying to keep on representing Rump instead of the People of the United States of America. He's trying to rewrite the rules set by the Nixon and Clinton Impeachment proceedings.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWN....

LANDSLIDE 2020....

Jo

Not the landslide you thing.

Oh! Quick! Somebody tell president Hillary Clinton!

Oh....wait

Jo

First off, you are wrong. There is no precedent for when a President can use EP to not comply with Congress. DumBama did it, and the Republicans had to take it to court to force him to hand over the requested documents. Each case is different due to national security measures.

If the Senate demands anything of Trump, he can do the same thing; claim executive privilege. Then, if desired, Mitch can go through the legal process to force him to give up documents, witnesses, or testimony. Under no condition will they remove him from office for that reason. Furthermore I doubt if Mitch would even go that far. He will continue the hearing without those witnesses.

I know the commies think they run the entire country now, but they don't. The House made their rules of the inquiry, and now Mitch gets to make the rules in the Senate hearing.

And the Senate can remove him from office for that action. Simple as that. Rump is Impeached. The Senate is only there to decide if it's serious enough to remove him from office or not. All the circus dog and pony stuff just involves a Fat Lady, Donkey and a mysterious disappearing Midget (use your own imagination).

The House that made those rules made them when Clinton was being impeached. The Republican House. But it was much fairer done since the minor party was also consulted. During that same time period, the Senate had rules made by a series of agreements by both the Senate Reps and Dems. And it worked out well. What we have now is ONE MAN making the rules. Ever wonder why after each proposal a break has to be taken no matter how short it takes to bring it to the floor? Moscow Mitch has to rally the troops and make sure that every 54 vote is counted. This is a sham. Not by the House but by Moscow Mitch. See my other post.

Trump shut down the Democrat's money laundering of tax payer dollars....he's a hero you asshole. Mitt Romney's kid was in it too
now suddenly Romney is backpedaling on the hearings. Just like Kerry, Pelosi and Biden who all have kids in this scheme.

Stop pouring your heart out like some little wussy pussy bitch.....you sound disgusting.

Jo

Strange, you didn't object to that in the case of the House inquiry. Counting votes is a sham? Apparently you believe democracy is a sham.

Trump shut down the Democrat's money laundering of tax payer dollars....he's a hero you asshole. Mitt Romney's kid was in it too
now suddenly Romney is backpedaling on the hearings. Just like Kerry, Pelosi and Biden who all have kids in this scheme.

Stop pouring your heart out like some little wussy pussy bitch.....you sound disgusting.

Jo

That''s the problem. Even in Rumps wildest fantasies, he really hates competition.

Strange, you didn't object to that in the case of the House inquiry. Counting votes is a sham? Apparently you believe democracy is a sham.

Actually you didn't take note of the 7 newly minted Moderate Democrats that voted against the rest. But don't let a little thing like fact get in the way of a really good conspiracy.

He is not in office, therefore not subject to impeachment, dumbass! If he wins and the House goes Republican, just stand-by. The impeachment vote will be taken a few minutes after he gets sworn in.

I thought you said he committed a crime. Where are the criminal charges?
it's under investigation, espionage. ever hear of that?
New Book Details How Five Members of Joe Biden's Family Cashed in on His Political Connections

The book, titled Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite, lays out how Biden’s veep status helped “the Biden Five”—his reprobate son Hunter Biden, brothers James Biden and Frank Biden, son-in-law Howard Krein, and sister Valerie Biden Owens—cash in.

You just invented the existence of an investigation.

Stop making things up.
Lindsey Graham Gives Trump the Biden Investigation He's Been Begging for
Cute. Lindsey is such a weasel. I thought you were talking about a criminal investigation, not a partisan shot show.
it's all partisan snot show. show me differently. The entire russia russia was your side. so you got no legs to stand on.

He is not in office, therefore not subject to impeachment, dumbass! If he wins and the House goes Republican, just stand-by. The impeachment vote will be taken a few minutes after he gets sworn in.

I thought you said he committed a crime. Where are the criminal charges?
it's under investigation, espionage. ever hear of that?
New Book Details How Five Members of Joe Biden's Family Cashed in on His Political Connections

The book, titled Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite, lays out how Biden’s veep status helped “the Biden Five”—his reprobate son Hunter Biden, brothers James Biden and Frank Biden, son-in-law Howard Krein, and sister Valerie Biden Owens—cash in.

You just invented the existence of an investigation.

Stop making things up.
how did that book get written then?
Exaggeration. Taking things out of context. Lying. Same story as every other Republican smear job.
so you don't think any of the book is true? is that what you're claiming?

They did call these people who refused to testify. Probably because Trump is guilty as sin.
Link?

LINK? Try reality!
so no link. they were subpoenaed and were challenged. get the story straight at least. Bolten never was.

You want a link to a challenge that didn’t occur?

You know that’s not how it works, right?
I was looking for a link that backed your claim. so you got nothing again. Always the same with you.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

It's crystal clear that Senators Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham are eager to sweep this Senate impeachment trial under the rug, shut it down, and allow no new evidence or witnesses. But what happens if they try to do that? Will other Republican Senators march in lockstep, and try to deal with the coming election fallout in November? Will they break ranks and join the Democrats in insisting documents and witnesses being suppressed by President Trump be revealed? Recent polling shows:

71% of Democrats, 56% of Independents and 40% of Republicans say Senate should call additional witnesses to testify.

51% say Senate should remove Trump from office.

Either way, Senate Republicans are in a tough spot. Do they cave in to public opinion and hold a fair trial? or do they cave in to Donald Trump and risk being removed from office in November?

JMHO - Too close to call right now.

Thoughts?

Most Voters Want More Impeachment Witnesses as Senate Prepares for Trial
Isn't it better for the Dems if the gopers appear to be totally submissive to Trump regardless of anything he does?

You're a Democrat partisan hack if you want the Senate to do the House's job.

Pelosi could have subpoenaed anyone she wanted to, and the courts would have given each one due consideration.

Pelosi decided to skip the 3rd Branch of Government and Impeach Trump for acknowledging the Judicial Branch.

And rump would have started at the lowest court, lost, taken it to the next higher court, lost.....rinse, repeat as necessary and 2 years would have gone by before the Supreme Court would have ruled exactly like they did in 1974. Actually, the SC would have not ruled at all since it was already ruled on. Why waste the bother. Now, let the Senate do their thing where there is NO way out in even the courts. If they try and sweep it under the table, the Senate Reps and Rump all look like co-conspirators (which they are) and November isn't very kind to any of them except the deep, deep red areas.

Nancy is playing the Reps like a fiddle on this one.

So you believe that "didn't do anything wrong" is the standard for an impeachment trial? Does lying to his mother count? Cheating at golf?

You cock sucking douchebags are so pathetic.

The House "impeachment" is "completely contrary to ALL of the Impeachment trials of the past." Now you're whining because you're getting a small taste of your own medicine. If you wanted a fair trial, then you should have been whining at Adolph Schiffler during the House "inquiry."

The two items of Impeachment are correct. Stick with just those two and tell me again that Rump didn't do either of the two. Everything else is just "Hey, Look Over There" crapola.
but not crimes. oopss.

They did call these people who refused to testify. Probably because Trump is guilty as sin.
yep, and the next move was to go to the courts and challenge it. Why didn't they? hmmmmmmm
It’s a good question. The next move would have been for Trump’s lawyers to give reason they’re ignoring Congress. They didn’t. Now they have to deal with the consequences.

There are no consequences for Rump until November. But there are consequences for the Senators come November that are throwing out the traditions, customs and past court rulings on how to conduct a Senate Impeachment Trial.
Trump and Republicans are becoming more popular as this farce proceeds, moron.

To your bunch. Then again, if they were to come into the Senate and start mowing down anyone that disagreed with them is Machine Guns and Grenades you would be cheering them on. And the dead would include some of the Republicans you call RINOs.
oh for fk sake, grow the fk up.

It's crystal clear that Senators Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham are eager to sweep this Senate impeachment trial under the rug, shut it down, and allow no new evidence or witnesses. But what happens if they try to do that? Will other Republican Senators march in lockstep, and try to deal with the coming election fallout in November? Will they break ranks and join the Democrats in insisting documents and witnesses being suppressed by President Trump be revealed? Recent polling shows:

71% of Democrats, 56% of Independents and 40% of Republicans say Senate should call additional witnesses to testify.

Either way, Senate Republicans are in a tough spot. Do they cave in to public opinion and hold a fair trial? or do they cave in to Donald Trump and risk being removed from office in November?

Thoughts?

Isn't it better for the Dems if the gopers appear to be totally submissive to Trump regardless of anything he does?
the GOPers are just submissive Period.

I wouldn't want to sit in a fox hole with any of these gop fks, they'd stand up and announce where they were. Has to be the stupidest bunch of fks I've ever watched.

Thoughts?

He didn't really do anything wrong. What he did or is accused of doing, the last administration actually did.

Thoughts?

He didn't really do anything wrong. What he did or is accused of doing, the last administration actually did.
I disagree, but both of us have our firm opinions in the matter.

And it wasn't that way during the commie hearings?

The Democrats had their turn, now it's our turn. They passed a phony impeachment, now we are going to vote that's exactly what it is, bogus. And.....no witnesses allowed. Democrats had all their witnesses during their clown show. Clown show over. Let's get this shut down so we can try to move on with our lives.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWN....

LANDSLIDE 2020....

Jo

Not the landslide you thing.

Better think again.

Mind-Blowing! 58% Of Attendees at Trump's Wisconsin Rally Were NOT Republicans, Up from 43% in Ohio

Thoughts?

Oh, please. When the local Republicans in a deep red area start noticing different maybe your battle cry is just a bit skewered.

And it wasn't that way during the commie hearings?

The Democrats had their turn, now it's our turn. They passed a phony impeachment, now we are going to vote that's exactly what it is, bogus. And.....no witnesses allowed. Democrats had all their witnesses during their clown show. Clown show over. Let's get this shut down so we can try to move on with our lives.

Let's take a good look at things. 1/3rd of all witnesses were called by the Republicans. The problem was, when they testified and told the truth it sounded like they were on the other side. Well, the other side was the side of justice. I can't help it that Rump is guilty as sin and that's the prime reason the Boot Lickers don't want to allow ANY Witnesses to be called because their own Witnesses have a tendency to sink their battleship.

Forum List

Back