If the U.S. has no separation of church and state, what is the state religion?

The unofficial state religion has been a form of civil Christianity, which for a hundred and fifty years or more has been a compound of white mainstream protestant and evangelical values.

That has been failing the last two decades as a result of the increasingly secularism of society.

We won't, as a nation, go back to what was the unofficial state religion. The millennial and X and Y generations will not permit such a regressive cultural move.

Wanna bet? Young people are actually reconnecting with their Christianity.
That's a fact.

You lose. One in five Americans today has no religious affiliation, and for the first time there are as many who claim no religion as there are white evangelicals, according to a new Pew report. With evangelicals forming the GOP’s backbone, the party may face a struggle to survive, says Michelle Goldberg..

A Pew poll reported in The Daily Beast Pew Report Finding More Americans Unaffiliated With Religion Is Bad News for GOP - The Daily Beast

No religious affiliation is not the same as no religious belief Jake. For instance, I am not affiliated with any religion, yet you routinely lump me in with the right wing fundamentalist reactionary extremists because you are an idiot.

you mean like the muslims who need special rooms to lay out their prayer rugs to bow to mecca....? or special foot baths to wash their feet....? or a special call to prayer 6X a day....?

I disagree with that too.

But, those requirements are detailed requirements of their individual faith. They can show in their religious texts that it is required.

Prayer before a football game is not a requirement of Christianity.

Exactly.

Nor is refusing to sell a wedding cage to a same-sex couple.

Is it illegal to drive a car for someone else who robs a bank?

Why the fuck should a Christian have to violate his beliefs simply because you are stupid?

Wanna bet? Young people are actually reconnecting with their Christianity.
That's a fact.

You lose. One in five Americans today has no religious affiliation, and for the first time there are as many who claim no religion as there are white evangelicals, according to a new Pew report. With evangelicals forming the GOP’s backbone, the party may face a struggle to survive, says Michelle Goldberg..

A Pew poll reported in The Daily Beast Pew Report Finding More Americans Unaffiliated With Religion Is Bad News for GOP - The Daily Beast

the Democrat base....:eusa_whistle:

The American base, of which, the white evangelicals in the GOP are becoming so much less important. We have you guys so we need to go out and get the other guys. You aren't enough anymore.

people own their houses or businesses.....but that sidewalk out front is a public space and people can pass out Christian flyers on the sidewalk.....(except around muslim areas)

Even better than that, every student in every public school can pray. They can't have an assembly or group event to do it. But God hears all prayers, whether it is a silent one in a moment of quiet, or a loud boisterous attempt to display false piety. The problem is, some are not satisfied with silent prayers said by someone of faith. They want to make a big show of it.

Let me spell this out for the idiots that think being born in the cold season means something.

Students can have organized group prayer, out loud, on school grounds, and the government cannot stop them.
Not by any means...and if they try it? They think they have a fight on their hands now? It's torches and pitchfork time 21st Century style via 2nd Amendment.

Even better than that, every student in every public school can pray. They can't have an assembly or group event to do it. But God hears all prayers, whether it is a silent one in a moment of quiet, or a loud boisterous attempt to display false piety. The problem is, some are not satisfied with silent prayers said by someone of faith. They want to make a big show of it.

If it so wrong then why does God answer their prayers?

You don’t understand.

Children are allowed to pray in public schools – they always have; just not at the behest of the state, of which the school is part.

According to Christian dogma prayers are ‘heard’ by the Christian deity whether manifested silently or vocally. Consequently, to disallow the state mandating students in a public school to make a collective, vocal demonstration of faith (prayer) violates no tenet of Christian dogma, and no religious liberty is lost.

Explain that to the idiot who insists that prayer in school is strictly verbotten, even if it is led by students.

Prayer is not forbidden in school, except when it forces other individuals or disrupts the educational process.

Like everything in life and Ecclesiastes, there is a season.

Last edited:
Are vocal prayer and Bible reading in the classroom permitted?

Vocal denominational or nondenominational prayer, and ceremonial reading from the Bible, are unconstitutional practices in the public school classroom. It is legally irrelevant if the prayer or Bible reading is voluntary, or if students may be excused from the activity or classroom during the prayer. Student volunteers may not offer prayers for recitation. Similarly, student volunteers are prohibited from broadcasting prayers over a school intercom system into the class-room.

It is irrelevant in any school context that a prayer is nondenominational. Even a so-called "nondenominational prayer" prefers and advances religion over non-religion (because composing truly nondenominational prayers is very hard to do, such prayers typically prefer one religion over others).

http://archive.adl.org/religion_ps_2004/prayer.html#.UqzXkMKA2M8

Last edited:
Are vocal prayer and Bible reading in the classroom permitted?

Vocal denominational or nondenominational prayer, and ceremonial reading from the Bible, are unconstitutional practices in the public school classroom. It is legally irrelevant if the prayer or Bible reading is voluntary, or if students may be excused from the activity or classroom during the prayer. Student volunteers may not offer prayers for recitation. Similarly, student volunteers are prohibited from broadcasting prayers over a school intercom system into the class-room.

It is irrelevant in any school context that a prayer is nondenominational. Even a so-called "nondenominational prayer" prefers and advances religion over non-religion (because composing truly nondenominational prayers is very hard to do, such prayers typically prefer one religion over others).

As part of state-encouraged or educational practice for religious proselytization? Yes.

As private behavior that does not coerce others or disrupts educational process? No.

The American base, of which, the white evangelicals in the GOP are becoming so much less important. We have you guys so we need to go out and get the other guys. You aren't enough anymore.

so this is the new "American base"? i don't think so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayer is not forbidden in school, except when it forces other individuals or disrupts the educational process.

Like everything in life and Ecclesiastes, there is a season.

Look at that, even Jake agrees with me. Prayer is permissible in schools, even in groups. Not all the time, but I haven't met many people who think that prayer is always permissible. In fact, I can show you in the Bible where it clearly says that prayer is wrong when it disrupts the weekly service.

A lot of religious nuts insist there is no separation of church and state in the United States because the constitution doesn't use the exact words "separation of church and state."

If there is no separation of church and state, than that means there must be an official state religion.

I'd like to know what they think it is.

Obviously, barring the establishment of a state religion means the exact same thing as separation of church and state. It's a synonym.
Separation of Church and State was ordained by a human tyrant in a black robe that bastardized the meaning of the First Amendment and using a letter sent by Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists...your premise stinks, and living in grey areas (secular) has no bearing on the First Amendment.

Words mean things...but your type inserts crap into pretty much everything to get around the truth.

YOU are dismissed.

You may dismiss as many posters here as you wish. It doesn't change the ruling made by the SCOTUS.

Men can always make mistakes.

New Years Day is celebrated by most cultures. (And not all on Jan 1st)

Okay let me ask this way, any other federal holiday with the Religious Name associated with it. It's called Christmas not Winter Solstice Day.

So is Christmas - celebrated all around in the world (And not all on Dec. 25 th.

No

News Years has been celebrated since Babylonian times since the 3rd millennium BCE
and makes it the oldest pagan holiday celebrated around the world to this very day.

It is still celebrated the same way today as it was back then, with drinking and making resolutions to change part of your life.
So that makes News Year a pagan celebration.

Christmas is only celebrated by Christians right? (As a religious holiday, not the commercialized orgy of materialism we have). New Years is celebrated by nearly all cultures not just Pagans.

Only if the secularized world stops passing on their beliefs in a Santa to their kids. Last I checked there are plenty of non-Christians who accept and enjoy taking the day off, as well as standing in line for a chance to see their kids take a photo with Santa.

Separation of Church and State was ordained by a human tyrant in a black robe that bastardized the meaning of the First Amendment and using a letter sent by Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists...your premise stinks, and living in grey areas (secular) has no bearing on the First Amendment.

Words mean things...but your type inserts crap into pretty much everything to get around the truth.

YOU are dismissed.

You may dismiss as many posters here as you wish. It doesn't change the ruling made by the SCOTUS.

Men can always make mistakes.
Indeed they do, and what's better is recognizing it...and admitting it.

so this is the new "American base"? i don't think so...

They'd like to think they're in the majority with such pronouncements...when in fact they only admit to being in the minority...that, is why they did this. Sad for them. The people aren't behind them as they think they are especially when most Americans when pressed will denounce their statements outright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell us how your right to free exercise of your religion has been impaired.

Kids arrested for carrying a Bible to school. Christians prohibited from school grounds after school while crazy clubs promoting witchcraft have a wide acceptance. Prohibition of the Manger Scene on public property during Christmas. The court order that a Korean War Memorial in San Diego be demolished because it contains a 40 ft Cross. Small towns fearful of a ACLU law suit for a Christmas tree on public property. Prayer or the mention of a Christian God or symbols of Christianity prohibited in American public schools.
People forced to bake cakes against their will. Employers forced to cover medical procedures that violate their conscience.
This administration has done more to destroy the balance that has been crafted over decades than anything else.
When I read that judge's decsion the gay couple v bakery case I wanted to throw up.
That is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. No doubt the owner of the bakery wants to appeal, but that costs money. And the attorney for these militant gay heterosexual bashing bastards know this.
If owned that bakery I would tell that gay couple that they may have won the battle b ut lost the war because I don't give a shit what that judge said. "You won the cake. But you'll get it when it gets done. When that is, I have no idea. I am going on vacation"....

Forum List

Back