If there is a rapture, what will the nation's major religion be?

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012

Well, a guess that depends on where you live. :eek-52:
LargestNonChristian-e1431139759821.png

Of course not.

I still found the information about the second largest religion in each state interesting. If you had asked me, I would have thought Judaism or Scientology outranked Buddhism in California. I guess they only congregate in Hollywood.

And I guess Mormonism counts as Christianity and not a space cult?

"If there is a rapture ...?"

Do people actually believe this nonsense?

Where are the Muslims?

The rapture is way overdue!

Probably late because of traffic in the asteroid belt caused by driving with the sun in their eyes.

Mormon planets will just have to wait even longer for their gods to get there in their magic underwear since they are still trying to make it radiation proof.

I find the Ba'hai settlement in south Carolina to be the most interesting. The lack of Hindu representation is surprising.

A great many of them do. I had to explain that to my son what the concept of the rapture is, and who believe it. . . like our next door neighbors. That movie, "Left Behind," is available currently on Netflix instant. The company has assessed that my interest would be less than one star. lol I have toyed with the idea of watching it out of morbid curiosity. . . Sort of like the morbid curiosity that compels be to maybe watch Twilight when it passes through Netflix instant. But there is always a better use of my time. I should though if I want to understand all of humanity.

A great many of them do. I had to explain that to my son what the concept of the rapture is, and who believe it. . . like our next door neighbors. That movie, "Left Behind," is available currently on Netflix instant. The company has assessed that my interest would be less than one star. lol I have toyed with the idea of watching it out of morbid curiosity. . . Sort of like the morbid curiosity that compels be to maybe watch Twilight when it passes through Netflix instant. But there is always a better use of my time. I should though if I want to understand all of humanity.

Don't watch the new one with Nicholas Cage. Watch the 80s version with Kirk Cameron.

The Nicholas Cage version was a story about a family enduring the rapture. It wasn't as intense as the Kirk Cameron version.

The Nicholas Cage version didn't really make any sense to me.

I find the Ba'hai settlement in south Carolina to be the most interesting. The lack of Hindu representation is surprising.

When I learned about Ba'hai and it's prophecy at the second university I attended, I thought it was really fascinating. If there weren't so many religions already in the world, and if the scientific revolution hadn't already occurred, I think this religion would probably be more widespread.

OTH, it could be an elitist con job. Those occultists and Luciferians that run the Lucis Trust go way back, and their dreams of ecumenical oneness predate the Theosophists I am sure. So, who knows?

Don't watch the new one with Nicholas Cage. Watch the 80s version with Kirk Cameron.

The Nicholas Cage version was a story about a family enduring the rapture. It wasn't as intense as the Kirk Cameron version.

The Nicholas Cage version didn't really make any sense to me.

See, that drives home the point to what Luddly Neddite was asking about whether folks believe this stuff. First someone believed enough to write a book. Then it sold enough and found enough support to be made into a movie, that was popular enough to be. . . . you are telling me now, the RE-MADE it? Seriously?

So I checked, and sure enough, here is what Rotten Tomatoes said about it. . .

"Yea verily, like unto a plague of locusts, Left Behind hath begat a further scourge of devastation upon Nicolas Cage's once-proud filmography.":lmao:

And of course, the critics panned it, at a 2% approval rating, and the evangelicals loved it, with approximately 43% of America loving it. Wonders never cease.

Taking a break from USMB now, going to go entertain myself with evangelical reviews of this movie. lol

"Estes Rocketeerism" will be the new leading religion.
It's the belief that in death your soul goes up only so far, only to come soaring back down to get stuck on a tree or some neighbors roof. :)

Muslims will have a version of this called Hamas Rocketeerism dubbed Wile E. Coyotism where the soul ends up back down on the same roof it launched from or implodes before launch.

Christ's Coming Judgment
2that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles. 3Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."…

2 Peter 3:3-5

Christ's Coming Judgment

This is problematic because all those verses about coming quickly and seeing the kingdom come in his day never occured.=false prophet

Furthermore The Judge is Michael in the Bible thus proving Jesus is made a thief of the Night and is made an image plagiarizing roles and figures of the OT.

Sources:
Michael is the one who brings men's souls to judgment ("signifer S. Michael repraesentet eas in lucam sanctam", Offert. Miss Defunct. "Constituit eum principem super animas suscipiendas", Antiph. off. Cf. "Hermas", Pastor, I, 3, Simil. VIII, 3).

Dan 12:1-4 Michael delivers everyone written in the book of life (judge)

IIQ13 "Heavenly Prince Melchizedek Scroll" about Michael conducting the atonement day Judgment.

Account of the Genesis which Enotes composed, to set against the Genesis of Moses, when it says [2] that the Devil (diabolos) was cast out of heaven(future Perfected earth) because of the evil (kakia) which he had brought forth and that Michael was set (kathistanai) in his place, that he might be associated with (synistanai)
the just Judge(krites), and might be the ambassador (presbeuein) for all creation; for he is good (agathos).
(meaning the Devil was the rule of this world and Michael was sent in his Place to cast out the evil he caused.)

If the devil and his works is judged then judgement is by works which is what the iconographs show where Michael
holds the judgment scales and Satan is holding down the scale trying to prevent measurment of works (through faith only teachings).

1 Enoch 20:5
Michael, one of the holy angels, who, presiding over human virtue, commands the nations. (mediator/Judge)

EXODUS 23:20 "Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for
**He will not pardon your transgressions**; for My name is in Him.

1 Enoch 53:6
Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel (Jeremiel)(14) shall be strengthened in that day, and shall then cast them into a furnace of blazing fire, that the Lord of spirits may be avenged of them for their crimes; because they became ministers of Satan, and seduced those who dwell upon earth.

Blessings scroll (1QSb=1Q28b)
V:20 "blessings of the Prince of the Congregation (Michael)
Renew him the covenant of the community so he might establish the kingdom of his people for ever, that he might judge the poor with righteousness & dispense Justice with equity to the oppressed.

4Q285 5&10 Judgment of the Kittim (Romans)

Dead Sea Scrolls:
llQMelch ll,9,13 ,
4Q246 ,
1QS x12-18[/QUOTE]

Tell me something

I heard that when the rapture happens, the devout followers of Christ will float to Heaven.

If that is the case, where exactly above us is 'Heaven'?

Is it another conspiracy by God-hating liberal academics to keep the information hushed in order to denounce Christianity?

Or is Revelations really a very confusing (at least to me) form of symbolic religious writings that is actually meant to convey a message to the early churches?

OH GOD THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE.
You know how much trouble we have keeping bird droppings off our newly washed car, now imagine Pastor John Hagee floating over us. There will be a rush to buy car covers for sure- but yuck!

Tell me something

I heard that when the rapture happens, the devout followers of Christ will float to Heaven.

If that is the case, where exactly above us is 'Heaven'?

Heaven, the realm of God, is the sanctuary of higher intelligences, an inner realm of conscious existence marked by comprehension, love of of truth and peace, a place above that of the lower realms of conscious existence consequent to superstitious and irrational beliefs and practices marked by the absence of truth, comprehension and peace, an underworld filled with lost souls forever at enmity with truth, reality, and all those who do not love or practice deceit..

I'm sure that you know of people who once were devout religious fundamentalist nut jobs of any religion who have since abandoned such superstitious insanity in exchange for a more sober and rational approach to life as if they had become completely new creatures....

happens all the time, and sometimes under the light of a full moon you can see them floating up in droves.

Last edited:

Well, a guess that depends on where you live. :eek-52:
LargestNonChristian-e1431139759821.png
Yeah, I know you are joking, but when, not if, there is the rapture, and if you live through it,(many will die and not be taken), I am willing to bet my entire comic book collection that you will become a Christian the same day, as many will.

Do you want to know why I am willing to say that, for one thing I wont be here, and for the second thing, you know what the rapture is, and when a great number of adults and all children under the age of 10(and many older than that, I don't know God's standard there) vanish, I believe you are smart enough to figure out what happened right away, and not be fooled by what the government, or news agencies(who are not Christian) are saying trying to find some reasonable explanation.

Left Behind, is a great story, though I have not seen the new Nicholas Cage version, I have read the books, and own the audio plays, along with the original trilogy starring Kirk Cameron and Louis Gossett Jr. I learned a lot of prophesy from the books, and compared them with the Bible and understood the prophesy better.

Forum List

Back