If there is a rapture, what will the nation's major religion be?

Then we won't have to put up with him doing a silly end zone dance and praising God! :D

You know
I doubt that any are willing to play that scenario.

Explain exactly how it would be any different to what we have now?

Hmmm---less Christians on Earth?

How did you reach that conclusion?

They got raptured 1st, right? I am assuming they got taken if we are still playing the rapture scenario.

You changed the rules of the game. We aren't playing rapture anymore. We are playing Armageddon instead.

You know
I doubt that any are willing to play that scenario.

They got raptured 1st, right? I am assuming they got taken if we are still playing the rapture scenario.

You changed the rules of the game. We aren't playing rapture anymore. We are playing Armageddon instead.
I thought the rapture occurs before Armageddon?
At least before the battle.....it does not?

Come to think about it, does Rev even talk about the rapture?

Tell me something, Derideo

Is there any stories in Judaism indicating Adam had kids through someone other than Eve?

There is no rapture in the bible per se. In fact it is a relatively recent concept arising around the same time this nation was forming.

Armageddon is in Revelations but all of the verses that are claimed to allude to the "rapture" are taken from elsewhere in the bible.

The rapture myth tries to claim that it occurs prior to Armageddon but Revelations doesn't support that claim.

The fact that these two concepts are separated by 1700+ years makes the timeline little more than a "best guess" or just a "marketing gimic" for those who are exploiting it.

Is there any stories in Judaism indicating Adam had kids through someone other than Eve?

You will get a far more definitive answer to that question from others who are scholars of the OT.

Adam did have Lilith before Eve so she might have been the first "single mother" and raised Adam's other kids separately. :D

There is no rapture in the bible per se. In fact it is a relatively recent concept arising around the same time this nation was forming.

Armageddon is in Revelations but all of the verses that are claimed to allude to the "rapture" are taken from elsewhere in the bible.

The rapture myth tries to claim that it occurs prior to Armageddon but Revelations doesn't support that claim.

The fact that these two concepts are separated by 1700+ years makes the timeline little more than a "best guess" or just a "marketing gimic" for those who are exploiting it.

So that is what you mean by "changing the rules" and dropping the rapture scenario while adding a different outcome to Armageddon leaves to no change.

That was a boring game.

You will get a far more definitive answer to that question from others who are scholars of the OT.

Adam did have Lilith before Eve so she might have been the first "single mother" and raised Adam's other kids separately. :D

I don't think Gen 3:15 is talking about that. I guess that was an example of Early Christian Apologetics.

So that is what you mean by "changing the rules" and dropping the rapture scenario while adding a different outcome to Armageddon leaves to no change.

That was a boring game.

So pick a less boring game next time! :D

I don't think Gen 3:15 is talking about that. I guess that was an example of Early Christian Apologetics.

Genesis is a myth and anyone who pretends otherwise is asking not to be taken seriously.

Gen 3:15 was God talking about the serpent, nothing whatsoever to do with Adam having kids with another woman.

Genesis is a myth and anyone who pretends otherwise is asking not to be taken seriously.

Gen 3:15 was God talking about the serpent, nothing whatsoever to do with Adam having kids with another woman.

But, you did read the interpretation. The one in which the Seed of the serpent represent the Son of Man and the seed of Woman(Eve) represent the Virgin Birth?

I can't get that from just reading the OT.

But, you did read the interpretation. The one in which the Seed of the serpent represent the Son of Man and the seed of Woman(Eve) represent the Virgin Birth?

I can't get that from just reading the OT.

Nope!

Interpretations are like opinions, they can be whatever you want them to be on whatever day of the week it happens to be.

Since I am an Atheist I just take what it says at face value. Makes perfect sense to me that there would be animosity between man and snakes and that man would crush their heads and snakes would bite their ankles.

None of that needs to be "interpreted" since it is nothing more that a warning to watch out for snakes and what to do if you encounter one.

Nope!

Interpretations are like opinions, they can be whatever you want them to be on whatever day of the week it happens to be.

Since I am an Atheist I just take what it says at face value. Makes perfect sense to me that there would be animosity between man and snakes and that man would crush their heads and snakes would bite their ankles.

None of that needs to be "interpreted" since it is nothing more that a warning to watch out for snakes and what to do if you encounter one.

LOL.... as far as interpretations go, yours is remarkably shallow.

A talking serpent should have been a dead giveaway to anyone with a second grade education, whether they believe in God or not, that the story has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with snakes.

Last edited:
Wealth Balloons: Super-Spa

We should focus on religions that deal specifically with risk and wealth, since those topics are very relevant to modern-era anxieties (i.e., eTrade, World Bank, Third World conflicts, etc.).

Probability theory tells us that economic decision-making is based in part on analysis of conditional risks and expectation modeling (i.e., inflation). Modern age profiteers and daredevils create dominions of speculation and risk-exuberance, which is why Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013) are so popular.

Christianity tells us about people who hoard wealth and steal from the poor, and Islam tells us about infidels who relentlessly create luxury in defiance of Allah's preferences for austerity.

If the adversary of humanity is poverty, then what are religions telling us about gluttony in the modern age?

:afro:

Thief (Film)

kingpin.jpg

Well, a guess that depends on where you live. :eek-52:
LargestNonChristian-e1431139759821.png

Well I would say that if there is a Rapture, and people start seeing the graves getting emptied out and people ascending to heaven there won't be a second religion. Everyone will convert to Christianity as fast as they can find a vat of water to dip their heads in. Guno will be first and when he meets God he will say "hey man I was just fucking around"

Not me!

I will be waving goodbye and making sure that none of them miss their chance to leave.

The world will be a far more peaceful place with 2 billion fewer inhabitants.

Give the rest of us some breathing room to get things back in order without all the sturm und drang over which Christian cult is better than the others.

Yes, we will probably have to tidy up the mess they left behind but I am willing to tolerate that for the benefit of not having my Sunday driving ruined by idiots crawling along the roads on their way to church.

:woohoo:

Well if that were to happen though it would mean that the prophecy is true. In that case you wouldn't have much success getting the world back in order as bowls of God's wrath would be getting poured upon it. ;)

Nope!

A talking serpent should have been a dead giveaway to anyone with a second grade education, whether they believe in God or not, that the story has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with snakes.

Did you completely miss the part where I clearly stated that I am an Atheist and take what it says at face value?

As an Atheist I consider all of those "interpretations" to be nothing but self serving attempts to find a "meaning" in superstition and mythology that doesn't actually exist.

Well I would say that if there is a Rapture, and people start seeing the graves getting emptied out and people ascending to heaven there won't be a second religion. Everyone will convert to Christianity as fast as they can find a vat of water to dip their heads in. Guno will be first and when he meets God he will say "hey man I was just fucking around"

Not me!

I will be waving goodbye and making sure that none of them miss their chance to leave.

Give the rest of us some breathing room to get things back in order without all the sturm und drang over which Christian cult is better than the others.

Yes, we will probably have to tidy up the mess they left behind but I am willing to tolerate that for the benefit of not having my Sunday driving ruined by idiots crawling along the roads on their way to church.

Well if that were to happen though it would mean that the prophecy is true. In that case you wouldn't have much success getting the world back in order as bowls of God's wrath would be getting poured upon it. ;)

Now you aren't playing by the "rules" either. :D

We were playing "rapture", not "Armageddon".

Rapture is just an "exit strategy" for Christianity. ;)

Not me!

An exit strategy to avoid Armageddon. The purpose of the theory of the ascension (which BTW, and I think you know, I believe is bullshit as well) is that the Rapture takes place before the second coming of Jesus wherein non-believers will be destroyed. This destruction is the result of God pouring His wrath upon the Earth, ultimately leading to the battle of Armageddon and the establishment of God's good kingdom on Earth in the form of New Jerusalem. So according to the theory, the only purpose for the Rapture is to spare the faithful and the righteous from the destruction that is to take place on Earth. So if there is Rapture, it means Armageddon is soon to follow.

Which, of course, makes no sense to me because I see little value in establishing God's good kingdom on Earth if all His followers are in heaven. Seems kind of pointless, but hell....I didn't write the book. ;)

Not me!

An exit strategy to avoid Armageddon. The purpose of the theory of the ascension (which BTW, and I think you know, I believe is bullshit as well) is that the Rapture takes place before the second coming of Jesus wherein non-believers will be destroyed. This destruction is the result of God pouring His wrath upon the Earth, ultimately leading to the battle of Armageddon and the establishment of God's good kingdom on Earth in the form of New Jerusalem. So according to the theory, the only purpose for the Rapture is to spare the faithful and the righteous from the destruction that is to take place on Earth. So if there is Rapture, it means Armageddon is soon to follow.

Which, of course, makes no sense to me because I see little value in establishing God's good kingdom on Earth if all His followers are in heaven. Seems kind of pointless, but hell....I didn't write the book. ;)

Or to summarize, the concept of the rapture has a serious logic rupture!

scnr-sorry-could-not-resist-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nope!

Did you completely miss the part where I clearly stated that I am an Atheist and take what it says at face value?

As an Atheist I consider all of those "interpretations" to be nothing but self serving attempts to find a "meaning" in superstition and mythology that doesn't actually exist.

As I said, whether you are an atheist or not, your interpretation is extremely shallow.

I would compare it to a person, whether they believed in God or not, reading the story of the three pigs, taking it at face value, and dismissing it as superstitious mythology with no meaning other than as a warning about wolves in the forest and what to do when one is encountered.

I hate to break the news to you but there is obvious meaning behind a talking snake as surely as there is meaning behind a talking wolf that has nothing whatever to do with snakes or wolves.

Your refusal to acknowledge this obvious truth is an indication of animus and a lack of integrity and your inability to comprehend bronze age fairy tales written to educate children has nothing whatever to do with atheism as much as it has to do with obstinate stupidity..

Forum List

Back