If this is true, we are in trouble...

You were obviously fired for cause you just can't admit it and FYI your employer is not responsible for your medical payments and I doubt if your alleged illness raised the the employer's portion of your insurance premium by 60K

Um, nope. Got outstanding reviews every year, and they paid me a fairly hefty severance package.

And, um, yeah, when health insurance is part of the employment package and I paid into insurance every month, they were responsible.

It's inevitable that employees will become ill at some point; especially their older employees. That's why they provide insurance.

So what you expect us to believe is you were such a great employee, and they only got rid of you because you made a claim. I don't know how big of a company you're talking about, but I find it unbelievable they get rid of every employee that had medical claims to their insurance company.

/----/ Sears was the Amazon of its day. They pushed out the local Mom & Pop variety store who could not compete with the Sears, selection, prices, and catalog. They were the evil, greedy demon of their day. Sears, like Woolworth, had the $$$ resources and power to stomp Amazon into the ground but they ignored it and when they realized what happened it was too late.

The large retail chains were much more like the newspapers. Having been dominant for so many decades, they never considered the internet a threat. The big retail chains were in an ideal position to dominate the internet. They already had the distribution centers. Had they looked at the internet as the Sears Catalog of tomorrow, no one would have heard of Amazon today.

I agree that Sears failed to read the signs of the times and went about business as usual as it had served them well for a century. But as the bulk of America started researching products on line, Sears didn't understand what was happening, or their management were such dinosaurs that they didn't know how to respond to it. So as Lowe's and Walmart and Office Depot and Staples and most of the other big boys created user friendly on line shopping and were doing profitable on line business in addition to in store business, Sears was laying off people and wondering where the customers were.

Old School serves magnificently in culture and values, but it can be deadly when it comes to marketing or preparing oneself to prosper in a rapidly changing world.

I always had trouble with their service. I had to call them and fight about getting my mother’s wash machine repaired. They just hung up the phone on me.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

We have had much the same experience. As their customer base shrank they were no longer putting the training into employees who often were clueless about the products they were selling and lacked the most basic of people skills. All that was the slow but steady death spiral of a once magnificent corporation that dinosaured itself to death.

My father was always a diehard Sears customer, and I don't mean the battery. Everything in our house growing up was Sears.

When my mothers washing machine broke, she called Sears and told the person on the phone it was the belt; it was laying behind the washer. They said they would be out in two weeks. The guy finally came out and said "It's the belt, so I have to get one, it will take two weeks!"

That's when I called and complained. I told them "Look, I'm a driver, and even I knew it was the belt. You mean to tell me that you have all the info on the washer, and the guy couldn't bring a belt with him??? And I don't buy it takes two weeks to get a belt, it's just you come to this area every two weeks." They slammed the phone down on me.

My father used to buy their protection plans for all our appliances. He finally told them to F-off. If it's going to take them a month to put a belt on a washer, maybe if they start getting paid in cash, they will be more organized next time so they get their money.
My family bought everything from Sears back in the day...40-50 years ago. They were an awesome company then. Akin to Costco today.

In 1950 the average wage in the United States versus the average home cost 220% of your yearly income. That is now 370% of your yearly income...........

Rises in buying an auto....45% to 61%

In tuition...........college......18% to 79% of your yearly income...

Comparing the inflated cost of living today from 1950 to 2014: How declining purchasing power has hurt the middle class since 1950.

This inflation......is because we have destroyed the value of the dollar...........and why people are living in tents.......

The Dems want to mandate higher pay........aka THROW MONEY AT IT.........which only leads to more inflation....job losses.........and skilled labor getting screwed in the process because their wages will not go up at the same time.

This does not address the REAL CAUSE............which is the debasement of our currency...

Continue to ignore. whatever.

So, if the government, and businesses both shouldn't pay people well, or give them insurance, how are they supposed to get by, exactly?

This is what pisses me off about Republicans, they always kick down Americans like this, which is why it's in my signature.

It's totally true, Democrats care more about giving to foreigners so often, and Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less.

It's complete madness.

In 99 percent of the cases, people are paid their exact worth. If someone is worth more or gains more skills, they will be paid in accordance with their increased worth.

Please show us all where Republicans "always kick down Americans like this". How too are someones bad choices in life MY responsibility?

Saying that "Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less" is foolish, a sign of desperation. Grow up.
/——/ it’s a liberal Strawman argument

I am anything but a Liberal.

Not according to what you post. You don't believe in personal responsibility.

You wrote: "You cannot expect a person to invest 8 years of their life and borrowed money to become a doctor and make as much as much as a truck driver."

I wrote: "You stated that truck drivers make as much as Physicians. As a truck driver, please dedact personal information and post your paycheck stub to prove that."

Your turn, put-up or shut-up.

Now WTF in my statement does it say a driver makes as much as a doctor? Who taught you how to read?

Let me stoop down to your level so perhaps you'll understand: A doctor has to get paid much more than a truck driver for he or she to go through 8 years of college. Now do you understand?

Being a tad narcissistic today are we? I was quoting and answering answering Mikey, not you....

So, if the government, and businesses both shouldn't pay people well, or give them insurance, how are they supposed to get by, exactly?

This is what pisses me off about Republicans, they always kick down Americans like this, which is why it's in my signature.

It's totally true, Democrats care more about giving to foreigners so often, and Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less.

It's complete madness.

In 99 percent of the cases, people are paid their exact worth. If someone is worth more or gains more skills, they will be paid in accordance with their increased worth.

Please show us all where Republicans "always kick down Americans like this". How too are someones bad choices in life MY responsibility?

Saying that "Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less" is foolish, a sign of desperation. Grow up.

News flash Liberalism is about less government & more rights.

I dont support more rights, nor less government.

I am staunchly against abortion, Gay marriage, illegals, outsourcing,Refugees & support eugenics & racial separatism.

Indeed, I am not a Liberal.

It's complete madness.

News flash Liberalism is about less government & more rights.

I dont support more rights, nor less government.

I am staunchly against abortion, Gay marriage, illegals, outsourcing,Refugees & support eugenics & racial separatism.

Indeed, I am not a Liberal.
Did you time warp to 1970

Global debt hits a new record at $247 trillion

Global debt has hit another high, climbing to $247 trillion in the first quarter of 2018, according to a report published Wednesday. Of that figure, the non-financial sector accounted for $186 trillion.

The debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio has exceeded 318 percent, marking its first quarterly rise in two years, the report by the Institute of International Finance (IIF) said. This is amid record levels of corporate and household debt in many mature markets.

It's complete madness.

How about Corporate responsibility to stop outsourcing, stop hiring illegals, stop creating junky products & pay the workers what they deserve.

It's complete madness.

How about Corporate responsibility to stop outsourcing, stop hiring illegals, stop creating junky products & pay the workers what they deserve.

I think you hugely misunderstand who corporations have a responsibility to, let alone what those responsibilities are. And I KNOW you're completely out-to-lunch on WHY.

I think you hugely misunderstand who corporations have a responsibility to, let alone what those responsibilities are. And I KNOW you're completely out-to-lunch on WHY.

Either you are for America, or you're not.

Capitalism has become unpatriotic, point blank.

Go be Capitalism scum elsewhere.
Go f*ck up someone elses country.

I simply refuse Capitalism before the people & selling out my generations future.

I simply refuse Capitalism before the people & selling out my generations future.
What a Fascist thing to say................

Ok.......Riddle me this............how do you propose to end it..........for starters...........tell me about small business owners........what will you do here..............should be interesting.

Ok.......Riddle me this............how do you propose to end it..........for starters...........tell me about small business owners........what will you do here..............should be interesting.

I am a Fascist, and I certainly don't value the freedom of anybody to f*ck up society.

Capitalism is a big problem in the USA & most dont see it.

I am a Fascist, and I certainly don't value the freedom of anybody to f*ck up society.

Then you are why we have a 2nd Amendment...............

And again....you can't see the forest for the trees..........which is most of America now.........

Again........I ask you what will you do to end capitalism in this country......specifically with small business owners.........How will you IMPLEMENT YOUR FACISM.............hmmmm

Y'know what, Microbrain? I'm not listening to this "If you don't agree with me, you HATE AMERICA!" shit. You want to sit around and mentally masturbate on how your political views are the One True Religion, you just go on with your bad self.

But don't expect me to treat you as though you're a person.

And there it is. "I believe what I believe because it allows me to think I'm superior and elite!"

Thanks for playing. Piss off and send the next contestant in.

Then you are why we have a 2nd Amendment...............

And again....you can't see the forest for the trees..........which is most of America now.........

Again........I ask you what will you do to end capitalism in this country......specifically with small business owners.........How will you IMPLEMENT YOUR FACISM.............hmmmm

There must be regulation against outsourcing, hiring illegals, monopolies & in the case of media & Hollywood against biases.

Fascism therefor makes the most sense.

We can't continue on this way.

Y'know what, Microbrain? I'm not listening to this "If you don't agree with me, you HATE AMERICA!" shit. You want to sit around and mentally masturbate on how your political views are the One True Religion, you just go on with your bad self.

But don't expect me to treat you as though you're a person.

Capitalism has become junk & will be the death of America.

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

Trump is doing his best to fix this..... the more democrats we vote out of office the better off these people will be......

That is why November is so important....democrats thrive on poverty, racism, hate and violence......
How so? What have republicans done to fix this?
From where I'm sitting personally, one thousand dollars means very little. It's just something that happens.

Try facing the facts of what happens to hundreds of thousands of working people.

Where are you sitting ?

On your head ?

Your post makes no sense at all.

And there it is. "I believe what I believe because it allows me to think I'm superior and elite!"

Thanks for playing. Piss off and send the next contestant in.

Explain why we should tolerate the squeeze & degredation on America by Capitalism?

Forum List

Back