If this is true, we are in trouble...

You were obviously fired for cause you just can't admit it and FYI your employer is not responsible for your medical payments and I doubt if your alleged illness raised the the employer's portion of your insurance premium by 60K

Um, nope. Got outstanding reviews every year, and they paid me a fairly hefty severance package.

And, um, yeah, when health insurance is part of the employment package and I paid into insurance every month, they were responsible.

They were not responsible for the alleged 60K you said you ran up all they were responsible for was the part of the premium they agreed to pay and there is no way that premium went up to 60K

Once again your lack of knowledge in these simple areas of business management illustrates the falseness of your tale

You were obviously fired for cause you just can't admit it and FYI your employer is not responsible for your medical payments and I doubt if your alleged illness raised the the employer's portion of your insurance premium by 60K

Um, nope. Got outstanding reviews every year, and they paid me a fairly hefty severance package.

And, um, yeah, when health insurance is part of the employment package and I paid into insurance every month, they were responsible.

They were not responsible for the alleged 60K you said you ran up all they were responsible for was the part of the premium they agreed to pay and there is no way that premium went up to 60K

Once again your lack of knowledge in these simple areas of business management illustrates the falseness of your tale

So, if the government, and businesses both shouldn't pay people well, or give them insurance, how are they supposed to get by, exactly?

This is what pisses me off about Republicans, they always kick down Americans like this, which is why it's in my signature.

It's totally true, Democrats care more about giving to foreigners so often, and Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less.

It's complete madness.

So, if the government, and businesses both shouldn't pay people well, or give them insurance, how are they supposed to get by, exactly?

This is what pisses me off about Republicans, they always kick down Americans like this, which is why it's in my signature.

It's totally true, Democrats care more about giving to foreigners so often, and Republicans just think everybody in America deserves less.

It's complete madness.

Where did I say anything about employers offering insurance in that post?
Where did I say anything about pay in that post?

I am not and never have been a member of any political party. so try to see the world in the more than 2 dimensions you are limited to.

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

All your points have validity , but all won't be solved by any given politician OR election

Nothing in our lives will change this November , because this is a course we've been on for a generation.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer in America , that's FACT

No...the rich get richer and the poor get richer....in America, not so for the rest of the world...our "poor" live better than the middle class of Europe.

So why did 13 European Countries outrank the USA in “Quality of Life ranking? The US finished 17th, with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand being the non-European countries out-ranking you.

The poor in properly run capitalist democracies live better than the middle class in the US. Americans have a lower standard and quality of life than most other first world nations.

Education in Europe is free and poor children get the same investment by government in their education that wealthy and middle class kids get so they don’t start out two steps behind in education.

Their health care is also paid from government funds and again, it’s high quality. When poor people get sick, they are entitled, by right, to proper, high quality care.

/—— / Fake poll by jealous Eurotrash. People risk their lives to get to America for our “crappy capitalism.” And our poor are the envy of the third world.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself these lies. The only people trying to get into the United States are poor people from the Third World. No first world Europeans are trying to get into the USA. Or Canadians.

4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.

All your points have validity , but all won't be solved by any given politician OR election

Nothing in our lives will change this November , because this is a course we've been on for a generation.

No...the rich get richer and the poor get richer....in America, not so for the rest of the world...our "poor" live better than the middle class of Europe.

So why did 13 European Countries outrank the USA in “Quality of Life ranking? The US finished 17th, with Canada, Australia, and New Zealand being the non-European countries out-ranking you.

The poor in properly run capitalist democracies live better than the middle class in the US. Americans have a lower standard and quality of life than most other first world nations.

Education in Europe is free and poor children get the same investment by government in their education that wealthy and middle class kids get so they don’t start out two steps behind in education.

Their health care is also paid from government funds and again, it’s high quality. When poor people get sick, they are entitled, by right, to proper, high quality care.

/—— / Fake poll by jealous Eurotrash. People risk their lives to get to America for our “crappy capitalism.” And our poor are the envy of the third world.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself these lies. The only people trying to get into the United States are poor people from the Third World. No first world Europeans are trying to get into the USA. Or Canadians.

/——-/ Duhhhhh that’s what I’ve been saying all along. Besides immigration from Europe was shut off thanks to Ted Belch Kennedy.

What do you consider high quality care? People come here from all over the world for serious medical procedures. I’m a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, and when you go to their main campus downtown, you are the one who feels like a foreigner. Not to mention medical personnel come here from all over the world as well. Because we pay our physicians so well, we attract the best talent in the world.

Now show me one country that has a medical care system that doesn’t have any problems.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

/----/ Sears was the Amazon of its day. They pushed out the local Mom & Pop variety store who could not compete with the Sears, selection, prices, and catalog. They were the evil, greedy demon of their day. Sears, like Woolworth, had the $$$ resources and power to stomp Amazon into the ground but they ignored it and when they realized what happened it was too late.

The large retail chains were much more like the newspapers. Having been dominant for so many decades, they never considered the internet a threat. The big retail chains were in an ideal position to dominate the internet. They already had the distribution centers. Had they looked at the internet as the Sears Catalog of tomorrow, no one would have heard of Amazon today.

I agree that Sears failed to read the signs of the times and went about business as usual as it had served them well for a century. But as the bulk of America started researching products on line, Sears didn't understand what was happening, or their management were such dinosaurs that they didn't know how to respond to it. So as Lowe's and Walmart and Office Depot and Staples and most of the other big boys created user friendly on line shopping and were doing profitable on line business in addition to in store business, Sears was laying off people and wondering where the customers were.

Old School serves magnificently in culture and values, but it can be deadly when it comes to marketing or preparing oneself to prosper in a rapidly changing world.

I always had trouble with their service. I had to call them and fight about getting my mother’s wash machine repaired. They just hung up the phone on me.

Fix immigration. We need quotas on assylum and we need balanced immigration where each country only gets so many people we can take in each year.

Agreed but the Tax Cut was just a quicker transfer from Poor and Middle Class to the Rich...

Give Tax Cut which 90% goes to Rich or Corporations. Money is borrowed to pay for that.

Then when the Deficit comes up, they want to reduce services to the people (i.e. 100%)..

And that is the magic...

Jus compare these two graphs:
Screen_Shot_2018_07_29_at_10.27.09_AM.png

figure-e3b.png

I am sorry while people can blame Democrats for not doing better, the GOP is actively making it worse...

The thing is the US used have less income inequality in 1980... So have things got better and who's policies have been enacted..

When some say 'Make America Great Again', do they mean 1980 or before... They income equality was better then... But those tax cuts do the opposite of that...

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-25_13-11-29.png
    upload_2018-10-25_13-11-29.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

What do you consider high quality care? People come here from all over the world for serious medical procedures. I’m a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, and when you go to their main campus downtown, you are the one who feels like a foreigner. Not to mention medical personnel come here from all over the world as well. Because we pay our physicians so well, we attract the best talent in the world.

Now show me one country that has a medical care system that doesn’t have any problems.

Stop deluding yourself. The only people going to the US for treatment are wealthy people. And that’s because other countries don’t run a for-profit health care system and they refuse to sell their health care to foreigners. The US is the only first world country where quality health care is sold to foreigners.

/----/ Sears was the Amazon of its day. They pushed out the local Mom & Pop variety store who could not compete with the Sears, selection, prices, and catalog. They were the evil, greedy demon of their day. Sears, like Woolworth, had the $$$ resources and power to stomp Amazon into the ground but they ignored it and when they realized what happened it was too late.

The large retail chains were much more like the newspapers. Having been dominant for so many decades, they never considered the internet a threat. The big retail chains were in an ideal position to dominate the internet. They already had the distribution centers. Had they looked at the internet as the Sears Catalog of tomorrow, no one would have heard of Amazon today.

I agree that Sears failed to read the signs of the times and went about business as usual as it had served them well for a century. But as the bulk of America started researching products on line, Sears didn't understand what was happening, or their management were such dinosaurs that they didn't know how to respond to it. So as Lowe's and Walmart and Office Depot and Staples and most of the other big boys created user friendly on line shopping and were doing profitable on line business in addition to in store business, Sears was laying off people and wondering where the customers were.

Old School serves magnificently in culture and values, but it can be deadly when it comes to marketing or preparing oneself to prosper in a rapidly changing world.

I always had trouble with their service. I had to call them and fight about getting my mother’s wash machine repaired. They just hung up the phone on me.

/——-/ In 1970 I worked part time at Sears and a woman brought in a toaster that had to be 10 years old. She claimed it was practically new and was broken. They exchanged it no questions asked. By the 1980s their customer service went down hill.

Stop deluding yourself. The only people going to the US for treatment are wealthy people. And that’s because other countries don’t run a for-profit health care system and they refuse to sell their health care to foreigners. The US is the only first world country where quality health care is sold to foreigners.

Honestly there are loads of places you can buy Healthcare....

London - Harley Street (use this myself all the time)
Swtizerland
Eastern Europe - Big into IVF and Dental
India - They do cheap Ops

They all sell to ever they want... Great Service, I mean seriously good and relatively cheap compared to US(especially in Eastern Europe)...

There is a rule in Ireland, if the Government can't get you an Operation in 6 months you have the right to go aboard and have it done on there dime. In practice they offer if it is 3 months... Irish usually pick UK or Spain...

Actually in Europe the Government spend more money and resources in poor areas. Mainly because Rich usually donate to there schools and the poor need more support because there parents don't have the education of there own children.

Access the University is done on academic performance and not financial stability. So Europe have there brightest doing to courses with the highest demand...

As for Healthcare, generally all EU members have access to healthcare (it varies from country to country)... Every country allows you to buy private insurance to go on top... Private Insurance allows you to have more choice and more cover for more non emergency and elective procedures...

And still, no one has answered my question. Why exactly are we in trouble? the answer of course is that we are NOT in trouble. because there are porr and because there is a gap, it really meaningless. It's just another wedge the left puts between us all.

In all fairness there are some Europeans but they are mainly Irish or British because they speak English... New York and Boston is only 8 hour flight away...

There is Eastern European but they are immigrating everywhere the largest immigrant population in Ireland is Polish... Nice people, hard working... Actually a lot of them stayed in Ireland even when the financial crisis hit.. They like the lack of corruption and good education.

You did not include your source for these statistics. Therefore, it is very hard to get a more in-depth picture of what is involved in each of them, and to then address them one way or the other.

Link, please?

Specifically, what are the criteria used in establishing your list?

Specifically, please show us where the poor live better than the middle-income worker in America. You can't

No, their health care is not paid from government funds. It is paid from the massive taxes collected from their citizens.

Clearly, you don't realize that there are two levels of care in all those countries you love. One is the level provided by the taxpayer and the other is for the wealthy which is paid for by the individual.

If their countries are so great, why are not people from the US rushing to emigrate to them?

/——/ $2 grand a year was a lot of $$$$ in the 60s. A new VW was about $1,700. I thought California had free college back then.

You're correct!

A brand new, fully loaded, top of the line, Porsche 911 was $6,000.00 (I know, I priced one)

To be more precise, $2,000.00 in 1963 (the year I graduated high school) is equal to $16,499.28 today.

At my local university, Florida State University, in-state tuition is $215.55 per credit hour or $6,466.50 for 30 credit hours. I don't know if it is true today or not but 30 credit hours would have been two semesters, full time with 15 credit hours each semester.

Like a lot of people, I paid my own way through college with two years at what was then called a Jr. college and 2 years at the University of Miami, a private college.

I could swing it. I didn't have a great social life although it was easier when I went to U of M. I had won $10,000 in a tournament. At the time, I thought that was a million dollars.

US Inflation Calculator

Tuition & Fees | Student Business Services

Last edited:

Oh, I’m sure that if they offered hundreds of thousands of dollars for a surgery, they would refuse. Who do you think you’re kidding?

They come here for our high quality care, and yes, that includes Canadians. So don’t flatter yourself thinking they would rather be taken care of in Canada if they could.

I talk with plenty of Canadian truck drivers. The older ones all told me the same thing about our care: Keep what you got or you’ll be sorry.

Forum List

Back