If Ukraine loses the war and Russia occupies Ukraine, the US and Europe may not have a choice, but to go to war

Rigby's argument is the same fallacy people use against Palestinians:

There was never a distinct Palestinian people with a separate state before the Zionist movement got going.

They are factually correct regarding the arabs of Palestine but this historic fact is absolutely irrelevant to the resolution of the present conflict in Palestine and also in Ukraine.

What really matters to the resolution of the conflicts in Ukraine and Palestine is the fact that today, 07/24/2023, there is a group of arabic-speaking people who consider the entire region of Palestine as their homeland and another group in Ukraine who don't think about themselves as Russians.

I often reply in jest to those people:

If Palestinians and Ukrainians don't exist, solving both conflicts is a piece of cake. All you have to do is travel to Palestine and Ukraine, convince Palestinians and Ukrainians they don't exist and voilá.... Problem solved!!

Palestinians will disperse themselves into arab world and will consider themselves Jordanians, Lebanese, Egyptians disappearing as a separate people and Ukrainians will start begging to join the russian federation.

Even Putin implicitly recognizes the existence of the Ukrainian people.

When he says Russia doesn't have any intention to annex Kiev, Lviv and Ivano-Frankvisk, that's his convoluted, roundabout way to concede the fact that the ukrainian people is real and won't accept russian rule.
It's not about ethnicity at all (while ethnic question is quite complicated). Actually, it doesn't really matter if "Ukrainians" are just ethnochoronym, or subethnos of the Russian ethnos or even completely different linguistic and racial group (like Buryats or Chukchi).

Of course, they can accept Russian rule. Actually they lived under Russian rule (and have been a part of the said rule) for centuries. Even Zelenskiy himself have been working in Moscow for years.

Of course, they can accept Russian rule. Actually they lived under Russian rule (and have been
a part of the said rule) for centuries. Even Zelenskiy himself have been working in Moscow for years.

72883.jpg

I stand corrected.

Western Ukrainians can "accept" Russian rule in the same way Chechens ended up "accepting" it after the Second War:

After Russia applied an enormous amount of brute force.

History clearly shows us that some peoples reluctantly come to terms with foreign rule after being subjected to varying degrees of military force. Others never accept foreign rule and "peace" only comes when most of the survivors are women, children, old people and disabled men.

So I cannot completely discard, in all honesty, the scenario presented by Cat:

People, in western Ukraine, reluctantly accepting russian rule.

Whether the correct noun to be used here is "acceptance" or "subjugation" I leave to the imagination of my fellow posters.

If Russia can take Kiev, the war would have been over by now. Russia only controls eastern provinces inhabited mostly by ethnic Russians, which would serve as a buffer zone after Kiev joins NATO. Ethnic Ukrainians will never accept Russian rule and they will fight like the mujahideen in Afghanistan armed by the United States and its allies. According to the 2001 Ukrainian Census the percentage of Russian population tends to be higher in the east and south in the country.

300px-Russians_Ukraine_2001.PNG

Last edited:
If Russia can take Kiev, the war would have been over by now. Russia only controls eastern provinces inhabited mostly by ethnic Russians, which would serve as a buffer zone after Kiev joins NATO. Ethnic Ukrainians will never accept Russian rule and they will fight like the mujahideen in Afghanistan armed by the United States and its allies. According to the 2001 Ukrainian Census the percentage of Russian population tends to be higher in the east and south in the country.

1. Both Western and "central" Ukrainians can easily accept the Russian rule and many of them will become the fiercest fighters of the said rule.
2. Yes, NATO can try to made another Afghanistan in Western Ukraine, but I'm not sure that Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria (or even America) will be quite happy about that. I mean 911 and further "War on terror" was quite bad thing. Ukrainian terrorism could be pretty ugly thing and there are 2-5 million Ukrainians in the USA and Canada, who look like regular white people.

Of course, they can accept Russian rule. Actually they lived under Russian rule (and have been
a part of the said rule) for centuries. Even Zelenskiy himself have been working in Moscow for years.

72883.jpg

I stand corrected.

Western Ukrainians can "accept" Russian rule in the same way Chechens ended up "accepting" it after the Second War:

After Russia applied an enormous amount of brute force.

History clearly shows us that some peoples reluctantly come to terms with foreign rule after being subjected to varying degrees of military force. Others never accept foreign rule and "peace" only comes when most of the survivors are women, children, old people and disabled men.

So I cannot completely discard, in all honesty, the scenario presented by Cat:

People, in western Ukraine, reluctantly accepting russian rule.

Whether the correct noun to be used here is "acceptance" or "subjugation" I leave to the imagination of my fellow posters.
Russia doesn't want western Ukraine its infested with Bandera lunatics.

At the same time ethnic Russians in Donbass won't accept Ukrainian Bandera rule, thats why there is a war right now, and Ukraine will never be in Nato.

That is silly, because the Ukraine has been part of Russia for over 1200 years.
It was only when Russia got broken up by the 1916 revolution, that the Allies in WWI decided to call the borderland between Poland and Russia, a new name, the Ukraine, which means the border lands.
No one in their right mind thinks that the Ukraine is in independent and sovereign nation.
Wrong.

That history is irrelevant and does not constitute a legitimate claim by russia

All thinking people know this

Russia is facing this kind of resistance in Ukraine, which is like how the Japanese fought in the Battle of Okinawa. Putin miscalculated it, presuming that Ukraine would readily surrender only with the show of force in the initial phase of the war. Most Ukrainians still remember the Great Famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 to 1933.

A HERO Ukrainian soldier blew himself up to destroy a bridge and stop Russian forces from storming in from Crimea.

Generals hailed the sacrifice of Vitaly Skakun Volodymyrovych for halting a column of Russian tanks at Henichesk, in the southern Kherson region.

The brave engineer had volunteered for the dangerous mission to rig the bridge with mines, an Armed Forces official said.

It is a key strategic pinch point linking annexed Russian-occupied Crimea and mainland Ukraine.

Russia is facing this kind of resistance in Ukraine, which is like how the Japanese fought in the Battle of Okinawa. Putin miscalculated it, presuming that Ukraine would readily surrender only with the show of force in the initial phase of the war. Most Ukrainians still remember the Great Famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 to 1933.

And the Russians love it. More Bander-Logs killed in the field - less of them will terrorize peaceful civilians in Russian Ukraine.

That is silly, because the Ukraine has been part of Russia for over 1200 years.
It was only when Russia got broken up by the 1916 revolution, that the Allies in WWI decided to call the borderland between Poland and Russia, a new name, the Ukraine, which means the border lands.
No one in their right mind thinks that the Ukraine is in independent and sovereign nation.

Wasn't Lithuania in control of Ukraine from the 14th century to the 17th? How can Ukraine be part of Russia for over 1200 years when Russia was completely irrelevant till the end 18th century, which is when they won full control of Ukraine? The Cossacks also named their country Ukraine in the mid 17th century. Everything you're saying is just a made up fairytale.

I know it is scary, but that may be the only choice left. Putin is not going to stop at Ukraine, if he occupies the country.

That is the problem. However I get the feeling that even if Russia wins, it's going to take decades to rebuild its armed forces and to get back to the economic level it was before the war, and Putin will be dead by then.

Wasn't Lithuania in control of Ukraine from the 14th century to the 17th? How can Ukraine be part of Russia for over 1200 years when Russia was completely irrelevant till the end 18th century, which is when they won full control of Ukraine? The Cossacks also named their country Ukraine in the mid 17th century. Everything you're saying is just a made up fairytale.

Way more complicated than that.
It's not a simple case of "Moscow has been the center of the Russians and Kiev the center of the Ukrainians"
The Vikings took it over in the 9th century, Kiev became the capital of Kievan Rus, they were the Rurikids, from the Rurik Dynasty. which lasted until 1610 in Moscow....

So, they kind of helped found the modern Russia.

I know it is scary, but that may be the only choice left. Putin is not going to stop at Ukraine, if he occupies the country.
Exactly what threat is there to the United States if Russia reoccupies Ukraine.

We have this corrupt little nation we are sending billions of dollars of aid to and how well are we tracking the money? I’ll bet half the money we send is going in the front door and out the back. It wouldn’t surprise me if bagmen for the Biden Crime Family were in the alley behind that back door.

Now if Russia decides to attack a NATO nation we have treaty obligations to consider.

That is the problem. However I get the feeling that even if Russia wins, it's going to take decades to rebuild its armed forces and to get back to the economic level it was before the war, and Putin will be dead by then.
Think about it, Poootin's army cannot even defeat the tiny army of Ukraine. And he thinks he can stand against NATO?

Strelkov was one man, those militia didn't invade Ukraine they lived there all their lives, i can name their leaders if you want, and the Ukrainians were shelling civilians, there are hundreds of vids showing it.
Then the mass arrests of military personnel is yet another lie? :auiqs.jpg:

:th_spinspin:

Forum List

Back