If US campuses can’t protect free speech, they need new management

BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

lol, what teaching credentials does Ann Coulter have?
who said she had any? She is a speaker that offers a point of view. the students are the ones requesting it.

Oh, and the university said fk you to the students. great stuff eh?

So then, she is not providing an education, is she? She's just opining and emoting, as she always does. Hardly an "education." Educators educate. Political hacks just run their mouths. Sounds to me that you're upset that professors are the ones who teach, when you'd much prefer your political blowhards to be the ones doing the teaching.
why not? If I have to write a paper and that paper is my thesis, I need input. the material she provides will give me data to support my position. why do you want to tell students fk you?

Hahahaha....thanks for confirming exactly as I thought. You guys are so fucking transparent. All of this is just because you want people like Ann Coulter teaching students rather than the actual teachers. Un-fucking-believable.
huh?

BTW, nothing like a university standing in the way of a right wing student's education.

Ann Coulter is more intelligent than you, you think that throwing Molotov Cocktails at people is just um protesting :rolleyes-41:

Again, I don't think that throwing Molotov Cocktails is "just um protesting." What did I tell you about putting words in my mouth?

who said she had any? She is a speaker that offers a point of view. the students are the ones requesting it.

So then, she is not providing an education, is she? She's just opining and emoting, as she always does. Hardly an "education." Educators educate. Political hacks just run their mouths. Sounds to me that you're upset that professors are the ones who teach, when you'd much prefer your political blowhards to be the ones doing the teaching.
why not? If I have to write a paper and that paper is my thesis, I need input. the material she provides will give me data to support my position. why do you want to tell students fk you?

Hahahaha....thanks for confirming exactly as I thought. You guys are so fucking transparent. All of this is just because you want people like Ann Coulter teaching students rather than the actual teachers. Un-fucking-believable.

I think Freedom of Speech is very important and it IS a Human Right, as such even though I 100% disagree with Leftists, I would defend their right to exercise Free Speech....the only people today who illustrate that they are against Free Speech ARE the Leftists, not only are Leftists against Free Speech they also hold Democracy itself in the greatest contempt.

I'm only anti Free Speech in the cases of say Paedophilia, I would NOT support pro-Paedophilia Advocacy groups having the right to babble their vile points of view ANYWHERE.

What educational value did Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provide when he spoke at Columbia? What educational credentials did Michael Moore have when he spoke at the University of Arizona?

You are really grasping at straws to defend fascism, aren't you?

What about all the alumni and supporters? They can't all possibly condone what's going on these days.

Students are just exercising their own 1st amendment rights. Loudly. You can't win this one cons you never could. No one is forced to remain silent when one of the whackos you worship who says the holocaust never happened or wants to vomit their racism on the world. Can't take the free speech blowback then go speak at the next KKK rally, they'd welcome you as one of their own which is what you are.

What educational value did Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provide when he spoke at Columbia? What educational credentials did Michael Moore have when he spoke at the University of Arizona?

The point was Jc said that Ann provides an "education" and that the university was "getting in the way" of it. I simply asked, what education does Ann provide? What are her qualifications for teaching? What are her credentials to educate?
I never claimed any such thing. thanks for misquoting me loser. I said a student's education. nothing more. prove me wrong jack monkey!!!!

Students are just exercising their own 1st amendment rights. Loudly. You can't win this one cons you never could. No one is forced to remain silent when one of the whackos you worship who says the holocaust never happened or wants to vomit their racism on the world. Can't take the free speech blowback then go speak at the next KKK rally, they'd welcome you as one of their own which is what you are.
win what exactly? what are you going on about?

Ann Coulter is more intelligent than you, you think that throwing Molotov Cocktails at people is just um protesting :rolleyes-41:

Again, I don't think that throwing Molotov Cocktails is "just um protesting." What did I tell you about putting words in my mouth?

You said they were just protesting, they were not just protesting they were rioting and also throwing Molotov Cocktails and attacking people who were supporting Free Speech.

I agree in general. In particular, let's look at the hard right schools that do the same along with the left schools.

Name one and provide an example of them denying a lefty a platform to speak.
Liberty has done that. BYU has done that. Baylor has done that. Your opinion on these matters are corrupt, so that's what you get. Do your own research.

huh?

Most conservatives on this forum are very hostile towards university professors and their "librul" ways. You guys would much prefer that hacks like Ann Coulter do the teaching, while the professors take a seat in the back of the classroom. That's why you guys make such a big deal out of news like this. You guys loose your minds when students protest against your dream "teachers."

Any argument you guys put forth about "free speech" is a red herring. It's all bullshit. You simply want kids to be indoctrinated by people on the right, period.

The point was Jc said that Ann provides an "education" and that the university was "getting in the way" of it. I simply asked, what education does Ann provide? What are her qualifications for teaching? What are her credentials to educate?

So one is only capable of educating if they have approved government credentials? Given the shambles our education system is in these days I'd say that is faulty logic.

it's something you love doing in here all the time. like you did with mine. So you object when it's done to you and boast when you do it. can you say hypocrite? It's why i use quotes.

So when is only capable of educating if they have approved government credentials?

That is literally the definition of teaching within a university environment, yes.

huh?

Most conservatives on this forum are very hostile towards university professors and their "librul" ways. You guys would much prefer that hacks like Ann Coulter do the teaching, while the professors take a seat in the back of the classroom. That's why you guys make such a big deal out of news like this. You guys loose your minds when students protest against your dream "teachers."

Any argument you guys put forth about "free speech" is a red herring. It's all bullshit. You simply want kids to be indoctrinated by people on the right, period.
well all I'll say it seems you rush to judgement on this. All this is about is free speech. The libturd's number one point of the 1960's. We are just asking for you all to stop being hypocrites. it's simple.

Free speech just means you can't be persecuted for your opinion. It doesn't force every university to bend over and give a free platform for every right wing nutjob on the planet who wants to spread their messages of hate and violence.

Here are some court rulings that disagree with you:
State of the Law: Speech Codes - FIRE

Nothing in there disagrees with me. By the way, Free Speech does NOT protect "fighting words," the exact words you hear from these alt-right kooks.

"By the way, Free Speech does NOT protect "fighting words,"

Okay so you would agree that BLM should be shut down then? They advocate killing white people, they advocate killing police officers, they are Black Supremacists and Black racists.

So shut them down yes?

You really have a one track mind, don't you? Individuals within the BLM should be held accountable for advocating killing white people or killing police officers. But contrary to you and your warped fascist world view, I don't believe they ALL should be punished for a few mens crimes.
and yet you impose that very punishment for all right wingers.

And then scratch your head when you're called a hypocrite.
They scratch their heads because they have lice, like the filthy, infested cattle they are.

I agree in general. In particular, let's look at the hard right schools that do the same along with the left schools.

Name one and provide an example of them denying a lefty a platform to speak.
Liberty has done that. BYU has done that. Baylor has done that. Your opinion on these matters are corrupt, so that's what you get. Do your own research.

I asked you to provide a specific example of them doing so. So far you telling us they have is nothing but anecdotal bull poo. So get on it fakey Mcfakerson, show us a specific example of them doing it.

huh?

well all I'll say it seems you rush to judgement on this. All this is about is free speech. The libturd's number one point of the 1960's. We are just asking for you all to stop being hypocrites. it's simple.

It was never their #1 point in the 60s. Even in the 60s, they screamed "freedom of speech" while shutting it down, lobbing bombs, and pushing for violent reaction against students so they could establish a new communist order, ala Bill Ayers, the commie scum.

So when is only capable of educating if they have approved government credentials?

That is literally the definition of teaching within a university environment, yes.

verb (used with object), taught, teaching.
to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in:
She teaches mathematics.
Synonyms: coach.

to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to:
He teaches a large class.
Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.
verb (used without object), taught, teaching.

3. to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach

Nothing about government permission in there

Forum List

Back