🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If we could get the Pope, the bishops, the priests and the nuns on board to being Catholics...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...we'd have a mighty fine Catholic Church.

But unfortunately, that is not happening.

Instead, they are teaching an inauthentic faith that brings in worldly ideas about sex, sin, and sacrifice.

Who fasts any more?

We don't eat meat on Friday during Lent. On Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, we are only allowed one regular meal and two small meals, with no snacking in between. Wow, what a sacrifice, petty and insignificant compared to what Lent used to be when people took Catholicism seriously.

Who talks about hell?

Certainly the priests don't, and they don't talk about heaven much either. Instead, they preach goopy sermons telling us to be "nice" to people. Damn it, anyone can be "nice." You don't have to be Catholic to be "nice." We're supposed to be GOOD. That means getting out of the car and buying lunch for the homeless guy begging on the sidewalk. That means NOT doing the easy thing and giving him money so he can buy cigarettes, beer, or marijuana. That means following up with the girl you talked out of an abortion and making sure her and her baby have a place to stay, food to eat, clothes to wear. It means a lot of things, but it has very little to do with "nice" and a lot more to do with following up with people and making sure they are taken care of.

Confession?

Only one hour on Saturday, and you're lucky if you catch the priest between his golf game and his visit to the supermarket. People used to line up all the way down the aisle to go to Confession, but nowadays, you're usually the only one who shows up, if you show up, and you probably don't because priests don't talk that much about sin anymore, so you're no longer aware you NEED to go to Confession.

The rosary?

Well, old ladies still say the rosary, but who else does? Who has time in between surfing Facebook and watching Neflix to say the rosary? Anyway, praying the Rosary requires an understanding that it is the main weapon against Satan to pray the rosary, and most Catholics are barely aware there is such a person, because again, the priests don't talk about him.

Vocations?

With all the watered-down Catholicism, is it any wonder it is very difficult to find young people who take Catholicism seriously enough to take up a vocation as a priest, brother or nun? And any young person who does go to seminary will find that Catholicism is a hollow shell of what it once was, and that the priesthood has become a hiding place for homosexuals who don't want to come out of the closet.

It's a big mess, and with this new Pope saying something stupid every day, it's only getting worse.

The problem I see is that the Catholic faith has been taken over by people who don't really believe in it.

Catholicism is a made up religion. With false doctrines, non biblical fasts and holidays, and a theology that even Jesus wouldn't recognize. ..... :cool:

Yeah like some pedophile warlord having a seizure north of Medina and telling the bastard sons of Ishmael to worship the moon.

I notice that you couldn't refute my post about Catholicism.

So you changed the subject. ...... :thup: .. :cool:

I'm not here to defend a cult I do not believe serves God's will.

I will however mercilessly assault a cult of oppression, slavery, death and conquest that only lucifer could have inspired.

That cult is called "islam" and the world will find no peace until it has been eradicated.

Am I clear?

Forum List

Back