🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If we're to believe guns should be banned

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire two caps in his ass.

What we should really ban is psychoactive drugs that make people mentally ill.

First, that's not what causes mental illness. (Surely you are joking.)

Second, mental illness is not the cause of mass shootings.

If it were, we would be seeing mass murders in other parts of the world but using a different weapon.

This is clearly a US problem caused, mostly by our love affair with guns but also because we now believe shooting is the way to deal with differences.

This bozo is not the first man to despise his MIL. If he had not had a gun, its likely no one would have been killed at the church, he would have gone looking for the MIL and killed her with some other weapon.
So you discredit mental disease being a problem, but go on to blame an inanimate object?
:rofl:

These incident are very unfortunate. But if anyone thinks for one second that any Individual should relinquish his or her own Individual rights in order to appease someone elses feelings, you're mistaken. And dilusional. Respectfully.
It isn't about "feelings." It is about common sense. I also have a right not to be mowed down in church, at Walmart, at school. That is not "feels."

That's' right. You do. But only those who infringe on your rights are required to forfeit immunity, and your he or she alone opens the door to just reprisal against himself or herself, by government

I have not violated your right to go to Church or to go to Walmart. Please do not organize against my right to liberty. Tyrants do that.
I have no intention of violating your liberty. You can have guns. Just not semi's. Why can't you live with that?

You won't live if you try to take mine, I'll tell you that. Either that or I'll die.

If you don't want to get "mowed down" at the church or market, arm yourself; preferably with a semiautomatic weapon.

Idk about me doing that, I do plan on getting a revolver and keeping the hammer on an empty chamber. :dunno:

YOU! Are a coward.

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.

I've noticed the left is touting banning "just semi automatics"...no thanks, once you achieve that you'll move on to another style of gun in route to your dream of an outright gun ban

Come get it, boys! I dares ya!

One last thing while it's on my mind. Coercion. Good people who often have the best intentions get caught up in it by their own, unknowing, participation in it. The problem with it is that the majority of the time, people who participate in coercion have no idea that they're actually participating in it. And they have absolutely no idea how it is going to end. There's an illusion that they will not also be at the receiving end of the same government boot. But they will be. Eventually. And by way of their own participation against the liberties of others. It's unfortunate.

...then they came for the semi auto gun owners...but I did not speak out because I was not a semi auto gun owner.

Then they came for me...but there was nobody else left to speak up for me.

You get the idea.
I've heard all these arguments; what's nice is being able to discuss it without being hit over the head with a brick. Thank you for that.

I've considered all the pro-gun rights arguments quite seriously. There are some valid points. The "don't encroach on my liberty" one and the "I need them to defend myself against the government" one don't really make a lot of sense to me.
I really want to see gun violence in this country reduced. I'd personally like to see us go "Australia." But for once I'm trying to be reasonable and I am sincerely asking people why there can't be a compromise on this?
There are still guns for hunting, for sport, and for self-protection, all the reasons gun enthusiasts want their guns. I know lots of people--friends, coworkers and family--that own guns and I don't worry about any of them. The majority don't own those AR type guns, though, because their guns are a tool for a specific purpose and not a cool power accessory. It's hunting season here. I've asked the people I know who are hunting if they are using AR's. They snort and say NO!
Why must people have them? Isn't putting a hole in something with three or five tries enough?

These incident are very unfortunate. But if anyone thinks for one second that any Individual should relinquish his or her own Individual rights in order to appease someone elses feelings, you're mistaken. And dilusional. Respectfully.
It isn't about "feelings." It is about common sense. I also have a right not to be mowed down in church, at Walmart, at school. That is not "feels."

That's' right. You do. But only those who infringe on your rights are required to forfeit immunity, and your he or she alone opens the door to just reprisal against himself or herself, by government

I have not violated your right to go to Church or to go to Walmart. Please do not organize against my right to liberty. Tyrants do that.
I have no intention of violating your liberty. You can have guns. Just not semi's. Why can't you live with that?

You won't live if you try to take mine, I'll tell you that. Either that or I'll die.

If you don't want to get "mowed down" at the church or market, arm yourself; preferably with a semiautomatic weapon.

Idk about me doing that, I do plan on getting a revolver and keeping the hammer on an empty chamber. :dunno:
Why won't you give up a semi if it saves a bunch of innocent lives?

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.

I've noticed the left is touting banning "just semi automatics"...no thanks, once you achieve that you'll move on to another style of gun in route to your dream of an outright gun ban

That's the problem. You know they will. Our problems aren't guns, they run much deeper than that. But yeah, our govt. blew it on this one, and of course we need some level of containment.

On a side, wholly shit, should we ban propane tanks as well?
The government blew it .... we all recognize this.

And, this is who you want to control all weaponry, deny guns to citizens, run healthcare, take care of your retirement, AND control airplanes??? Hell, they can't even get the postal service right.

Because I've had it since I was 11 and it never took any "innocent lives". It has, however, provided meals for many a person.

People in the US should be allowed to have more arms than what they legally can, actually.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces? OldLady

It's not our fault left and right politicians pushed to close sanitariums and Mental Health institutions and turned them out into the streets.

That was a big mistake. The other is outlawing corporal punishment.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Wanting to get rid of guns is ABSOLUTELY emotional.
Why else would you want to ban something that gets taken advantage of by .000001% of the population?
And for another thing, emotion is a normal, natural, inborn part of our brains that is part of every decision we make. Don't even go there. You are being as emotional about keeping your damned killing machine as I am about wanting it. Actually, I don't want all your guns. I just want the semi's.
Yes, but emotion cant run a country.
Arguing emotion with stats isnt emotion. You can call wanting to keep your freedoms and not have some jackass impede on constitutional rights "emotion" if you want. It just makes you look looney, though..
Take the bump stock for instance. They have been around for years. ONE GUY abuses them and now look. People freaking the fuck out.. Its pathetic and weak.
You leftists will say we shouldnt judge all muslim terrorist attacks on all muslims, but you dont mind a bit doing that with lawful gun owners..
One guy abuses an add-on that turns a semi into an (illegal) machine gun by murdering 59 and injuring 500+, and you think it's "unfair" or "emotional" to outlaw them? They never should have been legal to begin with! Calling it pathetic and weak to be thoroughly disgusted with that piece of plastic is far from "emotional." It is common sense.

No one has unlimited rights, not even Americans, and the "right" to own firearms is not being discussed here. Keep your guns. The semi-s though have no place here. There is no need for anyone to spray dozens of bullets per minute with a gun for "fun" civilian use.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces?

This is precisely correct. We didn't just fight the British. We were British subjects at that time and we fought our own government! Perhaps our peers can now see why our founding fathers had a hatred for standing armies, and allowed through the Second Amendment for everyone to be armed.

Why else would you want to ban something that gets taken advantage of by .000001% of the population?
And for another thing, emotion is a normal, natural, inborn part of our brains that is part of every decision we make. Don't even go there. You are being as emotional about keeping your damned killing machine as I am about wanting it. Actually, I don't want all your guns. I just want the semi's.
Arguing emotion with stats isnt emotion. You can call wanting to keep your freedoms and not have some jackass impede on constitutional rights "emotion" if you want. It just makes you look looney, though..
Take the bump stock for instance. They have been around for years. ONE GUY abuses them and now look. People freaking the fuck out.. Its pathetic and weak.
You leftists will say we shouldnt judge all muslim terrorist attacks on all muslims, but you dont mind a bit doing that with lawful gun owners..
One guy abuses an add-on that turns a semi into an (illegal) machine gun by murdering 59 and injuring 500+, and you think it's "unfair" or "emotional" to outlaw them? They never should have been legal to begin with! Calling it pathetic and weak to be thoroughly disgusted with that piece of plastic is far from "emotional." It is common sense.

No one has unlimited rights, not even Americans, and the "right" to own firearms is not being discussed here. Keep your guns. The semi-s though have no place here. There is no need for anyone to spray dozens of bullets per minute with a gun for "fun" civilian use.
It doesnt turn it into an illegal machine gun. For gawd sakes, if you want to ban shit from lawful people, at least LEARN what it is you "hate" so much.
Banning types of guns has nothing to do with owning firearms? Are you drunk?

I'm certain I can "spray" dozens of bullets a minute with a bolt-action rifle. 2? 3? 4 dozen?

Who says, OL, you? Well there's others of us out here as well that think you have it wrong.

civilian use.

You just acknowledged the reason the founders provided the Second Amendment. When American citizens begin to be naturally referenced as 'civilians', you've acknowledged that, yes, we are defending our right to liberty from a standing army. And they don't bring muskets when they come to visit.

One guy misuses it, close down the company?

Because I've had it since I was 11 and it never took any "innocent lives". It has, however, provided meals for many a person.

People in the US should be allowed to have more arms than what they legally can, actually.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces? OldLady

It's not our fault left and right politicians pushed to close sanitariums and Mental Health institutions and turned them out into the streets.

Everything you've described can be accomplished without an AR-type gun. You don't own a shotgun, a deer rifle, a revolver? Any of those would do. I understand the sentimental attachment to your gun, though.

Didn't I just say "yes"?

Everything you've described can be accomplished without an AR-type gun. You don't own a shotgun, a deer rifle, a revolver? Any of those would do. I understand the sentimental attachment to your gun, though.
Skip the law and intent so your "feels" can still hold ground.
Well played :rolleyes:

what if people researched the things they ask for to know that there is no difference in how a semi-automatic AR fires vs. a semi-automatic hunting rifle.

now what are you going to ban? this continues to be the problem in that those who do not know much about guns, keep saying what should be done and getting mad when they eventually understand the depths of the ignorance of their requests?

Didn't I just say "yes"?
a muslim misused a rental truck last week. Guess we should ban rental trucks. People can rent a small pick up. No need for a rental truck! Those are big & scary!

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire two caps in his ass.

No. Guns don't need to be banned.

Make it extremely difficult and risky for "bad guys" to get a gun…

All mass shooters are freaks and do things that could have set off red flags if we had the proper laws in place…

The black and grey market economies function like any economy, when supply goes down, prices go up. if an illegal handgun cost $10,000 on the street, gun violence in Chicago would go down. If a box of ammo

US military must comply with current law and report ALL dishonorable discharges to FBI. They should also be required to report to local police.

All states must comply with current law and report domestic violence convictions and drug/alcohol abuse cases to FBI.

Any person selling a firearm to a stranger (non-family) without a background check should be criminally liable.

The "adjudication" standard should be changed to "diagnosis by psychiatrist" for schizophrenia, manic depression, or major depression w/suicide ideology--or any mental issue that would make a person a danger to himself or others.

The Dirty Little Secret in the gun debate is most gun deaths are suicides and since no one even talks about that --it seems that life is not so precious to many conservatives.

Double the ATF budget.

Repeal Tihart Amendments and allow CDC to study gun violence and recommend solutions.

The reason none of this will ever happen -- the GOP are cowards when it comes to the NRA.

Gun restrictions should also cover guns currently owned -- like if you get convicted for domestic violence, you must turn over all your weapon or have your sentenced doubled.

A dishonorable discharge should not come home to find guns waiting for him-- they should be taken away by local authorities.

So the only real way out of this horrible situation is to get the NRA and other gun industry marketing and sales groups using pure scare tactics to drive up sales out of the picture.

Hehe. OldLady, you have spunk. I'll give you that courtesy.

I'm exiting the thread. There's not much more that can be said.

One final note: Only worthy men can be free men. And that's a fact. History tells us this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back