🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If we're to believe guns should be banned

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire two caps in his ass.

No. Guns don't need to be banned.

Make it extremely difficult and risky for "bad guys" to get a gun…

All mass shooters are freaks and do things that could have set off red flags if we had the proper laws in place…

The black and grey market economies function like any economy, when supply goes down, prices go up. if an illegal handgun cost $10,000 on the street, gun violence in Chicago would go down. If a box of ammo

US military must comply with current law and report ALL dishonorable discharges to FBI. They should also be required to report to local police.

All states must comply with current law and report domestic violence convictions and drug/alcohol abuse cases to FBI.

Any person selling a firearm to a stranger (non-family) without a background check should be criminally liable.

The "adjudication" standard should be changed to "diagnosis by psychiatrist" for schizophrenia, manic depression, or major depression w/suicide ideology--or any mental issue that would make a person a danger to himself or others.

The Dirty Little Secret in the gun debate is most gun deaths are suicides and since no one even talks about that --it seems that life is not so precious to many conservatives.

Double the ATF budget.

Repeal Tihart Amendments and allow CDC to study gun violence and recommend solutions.

The reason none of this will ever happen -- the GOP are cowards when it comes to the NRA.

Gun restrictions should also cover guns currently owned -- like if you get convicted for domestic violence, you must turn over all your weapon or have your sentenced doubled.

A dishonorable discharge should not come home to find guns waiting for him-- they should be taken away by local authorities.

So the only real way out of this horrible situation is to get the NRA and other gun industry marketing and sales groups using pure scare tactics to drive up sales out of the picture.
Most mass shootings are done by gang members. What kind of red flags do they throw? What laws would curb their shootings?

a muslim misused a rental truck last week. Guess we should ban rental trucks. People can rent a small pick up. No need for a rental truck! Those are big & scary!

Most retarded talking point in gun debate.

Rental trucks can't be carried through a church door or the rear of a movie theater or through a broken window at school. Rental trucks, knives, can't wipe out fifty people from a hotel room window…

Don't you feel stupid now…??

Wanting to get rid of guns is ABSOLUTELY emotional.
Why else would you want to ban something that gets taken advantage of by .000001% of the population?
And for another thing, emotion is a normal, natural, inborn part of our brains that is part of every decision we make. Don't even go there. You are being as emotional about keeping your damned killing machine as I am about wanting it. Actually, I don't want all your guns. I just want the semi's.
Yes, but emotion cant run a country.
Arguing emotion with stats isnt emotion. You can call wanting to keep your freedoms and not have some jackass impede on constitutional rights "emotion" if you want. It just makes you look looney, though..
Take the bump stock for instance. They have been around for years. ONE GUY abuses them and now look. People freaking the fuck out.. Its pathetic and weak.
You leftists will say we shouldnt judge all muslim terrorist attacks on all muslims, but you dont mind a bit doing that with lawful gun owners..
One guy abuses an add-on that turns a semi into an (illegal) machine gun by murdering 59 and injuring 500+, and you think it's "unfair" or "emotional" to outlaw them? They never should have been legal to begin with! Calling it pathetic and weak to be thoroughly disgusted with that piece of plastic is far from "emotional." It is common sense.

No one has unlimited rights, not even Americans, and the "right" to own firearms is not being discussed here. Keep your guns. The semi-s though have no place here. There is no need for anyone to spray dozens of bullets per minute with a gun for "fun" civilian use.
It doesnt turn it into an illegal machine gun. For gawd sakes, if you want to ban shit from lawful people, at least LEARN what it is you "hate" so much.
Banning types of guns has nothing to do with owning firearms? Are you drunk?
Totally sober. Don't argue semantics with me about bump stocks. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. Or in this case close enough to make no never mind, and you know it--or you would if YOU knew anything about what you were talking about except some bullshit argument pulled off an NRA site.

a muslim misused a rental truck last week. Guess we should ban rental trucks. People can rent a small pick up. No need for a rental truck! Those are big & scary!

Rental trucks can't be carried through a church door or the rear of a movie theater or through a broken window at school. Rental trucks, knives, can't wipe out fifty people from a hotel room window…

Dont butt in convos you didnt read. It makes you look like an idiot.

Wanting to get rid of guns is ABSOLUTELY emotional.
Why else would you want to ban something that gets taken advantage of by .000001% of the population?
And for another thing, emotion is a normal, natural, inborn part of our brains that is part of every decision we make. Don't even go there. You are being as emotional about keeping your damned killing machine as I am about wanting it. Actually, I don't want all your guns. I just want the semi's.
Arguing emotion with stats isnt emotion. You can call wanting to keep your freedoms and not have some jackass impede on constitutional rights "emotion" if you want. It just makes you look looney, though..
Take the bump stock for instance. They have been around for years. ONE GUY abuses them and now look. People freaking the fuck out.. Its pathetic and weak.
You leftists will say we shouldnt judge all muslim terrorist attacks on all muslims, but you dont mind a bit doing that with lawful gun owners..
One guy abuses an add-on that turns a semi into an (illegal) machine gun by murdering 59 and injuring 500+, and you think it's "unfair" or "emotional" to outlaw them? They never should have been legal to begin with! Calling it pathetic and weak to be thoroughly disgusted with that piece of plastic is far from "emotional." It is common sense.

No one has unlimited rights, not even Americans, and the "right" to own firearms is not being discussed here. Keep your guns. The semi-s though have no place here. There is no need for anyone to spray dozens of bullets per minute with a gun for "fun" civilian use.
It doesnt turn it into an illegal machine gun. For gawd sakes, if you want to ban shit from lawful people, at least LEARN what it is you "hate" so much.
Totally sober. Don't argue semantics with me about bump stocks. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. Or in this case close enough to make no never mind, and you know it--or you would if YOU knew anything about what you were talking about except some bullshit argument pulled off an NRA site.
The law is semantics and reality is semantics. Look, how do you expect to get any respect ina gun debate when you dont seem to know ANYTHING about them?
I have never been to the NRA website. Not to mention its reality.. SMH
Want to fail at assumption again?

I have no intention of violating your liberty. You can have guns. Just not semi's. Why can't you live with that?

You won't live if you try to take mine, I'll tell you that. Either that or I'll die.

If you don't want to get "mowed down" at the church or market, arm yourself; preferably with a semiautomatic weapon.

Idk about me doing that, I do plan on getting a revolver and keeping the hammer on an empty chamber. :dunno:
Why won't you give up a semi if it saves a bunch of innocent lives?

Because I've had it since I was 11 and it never took any "innocent lives". It has, however, provided meals for many a person.

People in the US should be allowed to have more arms than what they legally can, actually.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces? OldLady

It's not our fault left and right politicians pushed to close sanitariums and Mental Health institutions and turned them out into the streets.

That was a big mistake. The other is outlawing corporal punishment.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.
Everything you've described can be accomplished without an AR-type gun. You don't own a shotgun, a deer rifle, a revolver? Any of those would do. I understand the sentimental attachment to your gun, though.
Skip the law and intent so your "feels" can still hold ground.
Well played :rolleyes:
You have been dancing around and being as annoying as possible, but I haven't heard you just come out and say WHY an AR has to be a part of your arsenal. Just because it can? That's no answer. Limiting machine guns made sense because they were too deadly. Well so are semi's, as too many folks have been proving lately. Since they aren't necessary to ANY of the reasons you want guns, WHY must you insist on having them?
Don't argue or give me more bullshit. Just answer me plain and simple.

The law is semantics and reality is semantics. Look, how do you expect to get any respect ina gun debate when you dont seem to know ANYTHING about them?
Want to tell me what I DON'T know here?

You won't live if you try to take mine, I'll tell you that. Either that or I'll die.

If you don't want to get "mowed down" at the church or market, arm yourself; preferably with a semiautomatic weapon.

Idk about me doing that, I do plan on getting a revolver and keeping the hammer on an empty chamber. :dunno:

Because I've had it since I was 11 and it never took any "innocent lives". It has, however, provided meals for many a person.

People in the US should be allowed to have more arms than what they legally can, actually.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces? OldLady

It's not our fault left and right politicians pushed to close sanitariums and Mental Health institutions and turned them out into the streets.

Everything you've described can be accomplished without an AR-type gun. You don't own a shotgun, a deer rifle, a revolver? Any of those would do. I understand the sentimental attachment to your gun, though.
You have been dancing around and being as annoying as possible, but I haven't heard you just come out and say WHY an AR has to be a part of your arsenal. Just because it can? That's no answer. Limiting machine guns made sense because they were too deadly. Well so are semi's, as too many folks have been proving lately. Since they aren't necessary to ANY of the reasons you want guns, WHY must you insist on having them?
The answers are ALL Over this thread! Marion Morrison just made it PERFECTLY clear and you IGNORED IT.
Besides, i dont have to explain to you what i want and or need. Screw your collective bullshit.
WHY must you insist on me not having them? What business is it of yours? .000001% of people abuse their freedoms.
YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT except for "feels"

I dont have to. Just go back and read your posts.

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.
200w.webp

Most mass shootings are done by gang members. What kind of red flags do they throw? What laws would curb their shootings?

Close down the "bad apple" gun dealers in IL and IN. (gun dealers that routinely knowingly sell to straw purchasers) -- Repeal state laws that protect guns stores from civil liability. They will then be more diligent when it comes to straw purchasers.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/default/files/BadAppleBulletin-Summer2017.pdf

Make selling to a stranger w/o background check a federal crime. (it's a state crime in several states)

Then people at gun shows and flea markets won't be supplying the South Chicago gangs black market. The supply will dry up. The price will go up.

Repeal Tihart Amendments so that AFT can share trace info with local police.

I could go on and on….

You shouldn't be able to purchase ammunition without an ID.

Ban internet gun sales.

What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
be honest now, what gun would you go/come after next?
That's a paranoid argument not based on reality. A very clever one by the NRA, but not valid.
They go after machine guns and now semi auto rifles. Please...
When someone kills a lot fo people with a hand gun, you bedwetters will go after them too. Its what you do.

Okay, TN. I'm gonna let you cool off since you are obviously close to a full blown tantrum over this. Get your feels out, boy.
I'm the one who's emotional..... LOL

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.

Yes, let's make all of the guns bolt action or revolvers! Then when someone has an illegal semi-auto, no one will be able to shoot at them without dying in a hail of bullets first!

Close down the "bad apple" gun dealers in IL and IN. (gun dealers that routinely knowingly sell to straw purchasers) -- Repeal state laws that protect guns stores from civil liability. They will then be more diligent when it comes to straw purchasers.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/default/files/BadAppleBulletin-Summer2017.pdf

Make selling to a stranger w/o background check a federal crime. (it's a state crime in several states)

Then people at gun shows and flea markets won't be supplying the South Chicago gangs black market. The supply will dry up. The price will go up.

Repeal Tihart Amendments so that AFT can share trace info with local police.

I could go on and on….

You shouldn't be able to purchase ammunition without an ID.

Ban internet gun sales.
You have to get a BC on internet deals. EVERY DEALER must do background checks.
You realize their is a multi-billion dollar black market on weapons right? Those arent straw purchases. They are a multi-national crime ring.

Dont butt in convos you didnt read. It makes you look like an idiot.

YOU Use sarcasm or irony emojis -- I don't have time to read every brain fart on this shit heap.

If you were being sarcastic, it was piss poor and not very biting…. work on that.

Because fuck you, that's why. you're not taking my Model 60 that I've had since I was a kid. That's why, personally.

I paid for it with lawn money and rode my bike home with it.

Speaking for others, they don't want to give up their guns just because some miscreant did something horrible.

If I was to purchase an AR, I should have the right to, without background checks or any of that crap. I'm from America, baby!

Okay, TN. I'm gonna let you cool off since you are obviously close to a full blown tantrum over this. Get your feels out, boy.
I'm the one who's emotional..... LOL
Indeed. And also wrong and extremely ignorant.

Forum List

Back