🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If we're to believe guns should be banned

It's been awhile since I got a good beating in a gun thread.
Call me names and answer me with "BECAUSE, YOU DUMB BITCH" and figure you're all some smaht.

Gotta go.
AGAIN, your dishonesty is shown. It was explained multiple times and it was ignored.

Most mass shootings are done by gang members. What kind of red flags do they throw? What laws would curb their shootings?

They should ban Coke and Heroin. Then there would not be killings over a $10 bag of white powder sale.

Aldo Raine

found this "on the internet". I wonder....sometimes I wonder....

upload_2017-11-7_11-59-26.png

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.

France banned them and bad guys killed over 130 people with illegal weapons. Guess what, gun bans don't work.
they do if extinction is your plan.

What if only the semiautomatic rifles got banned that spray dozens of bullets per minute, like the AR 556 Kelley used?
be honest now, what gun would you go/come after next?
That's a paranoid argument not based on reality. A very clever one by the NRA, but not valid.
They go after machine guns and now semi auto rifles. Please...
When someone kills a lot fo people with a hand gun, you bedwetters will go after them too. Its what you do.

The bedwetters are the scared little boys running around screaming "gun grab", "gun grab"… "they're coming for our dick guns, ma…"

REAL, Men hunt, follow the law and protect their communities by being responsible adults.

The majority of the extreme "guns forever for everyone" side are childless 20-somethings with no family or any real connection to society at large.

You have proof of that? Or it came straight outta your rectum? My bet is on the latter.

Most mass shootings are done by gang members. What kind of red flags do they throw? What laws would curb their shootings?

Close down the "bad apple" gun dealers in IL and IN. (gun dealers that routinely knowingly sell to straw purchasers) -- Repeal state laws that protect guns stores from civil liability. They will then be more diligent when it comes to straw purchasers.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/default/files/BadAppleBulletin-Summer2017.pdf

Make selling to a stranger w/o background check a federal crime. (it's a state crime in several states)

Then people at gun shows and flea markets won't be supplying the South Chicago gangs black market. The supply will dry up. The price will go up.

Repeal Tihart Amendments so that AFT can share trace info with local police.

I could go on and on….

You shouldn't be able to purchase ammunition without an ID.

Ban internet gun sales.

What does "gun control" mean to democrats anyway? Do they even know or is it just a political cliche? Do democrats understand that you have to enforce to law to make it work? You can't talk about "banning guns" without talking about confiscation and the possibility of martial law.

You can see the results of strict gun laws by looking at Chicago. It's all a farce
here you go:

McDonald v. City of Chicago - Wikipedia

"McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010), is a landmark[1] decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that found that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" as protected under the Second Amendment is incorporatedby the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment against the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

Initially the Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit had upheld a Chicago ordinance banning the possession of handguns as well as other gun regulations affecting rifles and shotguns, citing United States v. Cruikshank, Presser v. Illinois, and Miller v. Texas.[2] The petition for certiorari was filed by Alan Gura, the attorney who had successfully argued Heller, and Chicago-area attorney David G. Sigale.[3] The Second Amendment Foundation and the Illinois State Rifle Associationsponsored the litigation on behalf of several Chicago residents, including retiree Otis McDonald.

The oral arguments took place on March 2, 2010.[4][5] On June 28, 2010, the Supreme Court, in a 5–4 decision, reversed the Seventh Circuit's decision, holding that the Second Amendment was incorporated under the Fourteenth Amendmentthus protecting those rights from infringement by local governments.[6] It then remanded the case back to Seventh Circuit to resolve conflicts between certain Chicago gun restrictions and the Second Amendmen"

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia

Anton Scalia in the majority decision….

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Guess what? That was written when every state had a Mental Hospital working and in effect.

No, no mental patients should have firearms, derp!

It's been awhile since I got a good beating in a gun thread.
Call me names and answer me with "BECAUSE, YOU DUMB BITCH" and figure you're all some smaht.

Gotta go.

I hope you're not referring to me, I never said that.

Which won't happen in the foreseeable future, doesn't it make sense to ban gun violence from entertainment, from games to music to TV and some media?

To me its a logical flow. Take the latest Church slaughter, wholly shit BTW, what a freak. Our govt. let us down on this one. Anyway, worse things than rifles can be used, and they'd be as or more effective, agree? It's just that guns are most convenient, and to a freak, they're probably the most "fun" too. After all, they've seen it on TV, read about the affects 24/7, and games are probably worse.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire two caps in his ass.
It’s incredible to be you people still delude yourselves into thinking the left wants to ban all guns.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire two caps in his ass.
It’s incredible to be you people still delude yourselves into thinking the left wants to ban all guns.
they do. it isn't hard. it's like a tax increase.

first it's liquor and then cigarettes and then pop and gas and land and roads and it never stops.

On a side, imagine if guns were banned. The culprit could obtain one illegally, and cool cat NRA instructor wouldn't have been able to fire a cap in his ass.
You're right--a lot of the violence in entertainment is way over the top and it should be censored. Kids' cartoons have gotten so sacharine sweet I can't bear to watch them for five minutes yet Grand Theft Auto was one of the most popular video games out there for awhile. I don't even go to the movies anymore, but guns and violence are dripping from everything--including prime time tv. So yeah. It doesn't have to be too sweet to swallow, but a little taste and a lot less mass media mayhem wouldn't hurt anything.

I've noticed the left is touting banning "just semi automatics"...no thanks, once you achieve that you'll move on to another style of gun in route to your dream of an outright gun ban

Come get it, boys! I dares ya!
No one is even trying to. You just pretend they are because you entertain this childish fantasy of shooting fascist thugs.

Because I've had it since I was 11 and it never took any "innocent lives". It has, however, provided meals for many a person.

People in the US should be allowed to have more arms than what they legally can, actually.

Do you understand that the goal of the 2nd Amendment was to put the people on an equal footing with possibly tyrannical government forces? OldLady

It's not our fault left and right politicians pushed to close sanitariums and Mental Health institutions and turned them out into the streets.

That was a big mistake. The other is outlawing corporal punishment.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.
Everything you've described can be accomplished without an AR-type gun. You don't own a shotgun, a deer rifle, a revolver? Any of those would do. I understand the sentimental attachment to your gun, though.
Skip the law and intent so your "feels" can still hold ground.
Well played :rolleyes:
You have been dancing around and being as annoying as possible, but I haven't heard you just come out and say WHY an AR has to be a part of your arsenal. Just because it can? That's no answer. Limiting machine guns made sense because they were too deadly. Well so are semi's, as too many folks have been proving lately. Since they aren't necessary to ANY of the reasons you want guns, WHY must you insist on having them?
Don't argue or give me more bullshit. Just answer me plain and simple.

Because fuck you, that's why. you're not taking my Model 60 that I've had since I was a kid. That's why, personally.

I paid for it with lawn money and rode my bike home with it.

Speaking for others, they don't want to give up their guns just because some miscreant did something horrible.

If I was to purchase an AR, I should have the right to, without background checks or any of that crap. I'm from America, baby!

Sorry, you don't have that right… if you don't like it, get the fuck out.

You GTFO>

My people been here since before America was a country, tell ya wut, come try to take what's mine, turdboy.

When you do, I'll ventilate your sorry commie ass.

While you're at it, why don't you move to Venezuela? They have the govt system you strive for.

Unless you're willing to lay down your life for what you believe in, best move on from 'round heanh. Because we are.
True story.

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

That's a paranoid argument not based on reality. A very clever one by the NRA, but not valid.
I wasn't making an argument, I was asking what you would want to ban next, if it were "nothing" that would have dismissed my question without an argument, and the "paranoid" response is typically liberal when the correct answer exposes the lefts true intentions, and the credit for the cleverness of the "paranoid" claim belongs to the ACLU from which I borrowed it in/from the 60's and 70's when they claimed any attempt to suppress any speech, no matter the content, no matter the classification was an assault on the first amendment and the constitution...perhaps we should revisit that claim based on its "cleverness"?
I seriously considered answering your question honestly and saying "nothing," but I've been on too many of these threads to hope you would believe me.

France banned them and bad guys killed over 130 people with illegal weapons. Guess what, gun bans don't work.
I didn't think it would stop an organized terrorist attack, Westwall. When is the last time you heard about a Frenchman shooting every soul in a church on a Sunday morning because he was pissed at his mother in law? Or a guy hanging out the window of a hotel room and killing 59/injuring over 500 for apparently no reason at all? That is in less than the last 40 days. That going on in France?

Maybe they could ban Gunpowder or Lead? Ban Ban Ban...Ban Ban Ban Ban.....Ban all guns Ban all guns. As soon as you seal up the Southern Border to illegal humans.

I realize the quick strike effect is really getting to you. But even an old 1960s' "22" rifle could hold 13 shots and fire semi-automatic, pull the trigger, bullet fires, casing ejects, next round pops in, pull the trigger ..... and so on.

I don't know crap about Guns but an AR-15 is nothing but another "22" sometimes in a black casing? Maybe they have done something with Bullet Velocity at exit? Easier to re-load?

Shotguns are semi-automatic in many cases, correct? Joe Biden says to fire through closed doors if you hear a noise.

... let him use a deer rifle or a shot gun and kill a lot less people ...

The second amendment allowed private citizens to own a fast sailing ship with up to eight cannons when it was ratified.
In case you are unfamiliar with hunting ... Those are not hunting weapons.

I seriously considered answering your question honestly and saying "nothing," but I've been on too many of these threads to hope you would believe me.
If everyone on the left would back you then I would back that too, as long as it was in writing that no other guns would be banned and the issue was now over, it would be compromise for me, not because I believe it is not unconstitutional

I didn't think it would stop an organized terrorist attack, Westwall. When is the last time you heard about a Frenchman shooting every soul in a church on a Sunday morning because he was pissed at his mother in law? Or a guy hanging out the window of a hotel room and killing 59/injuring over 500 for apparently no reason at all? That is in less than the last 40 days. That going on in France?

You don't hear about it because it is a MENTAL issue. French people are not prone to violence, the ones who were, died over the course of two world wars. We have a huge mental health issue in this country and THAT needs to be addressed. There were multiple failure of the system in this latest clowns case. He was KNOWN to be a violent sociopath. I present France as a counter to gun bans because bad people who want to get guns WILL.

All of the laws that the anti gun people want here in the USA already exist in France. The guns used in France had to cross and ocean, and an entire continent, all along the route they were illegal. Guess what....they still got to France and still murdered mass numbers of people. Gun bans simply don't work. They never have, and they never will because the only people who pay attention to those laws are the LAWFUL. Criminals are not going to pay any more attention to the gun laws as they will to the laws against murder.

Forum List

Back