If you aren’t going up in the rapture, are you ready to be interrogated?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
If you aren’t going up in the rapture, are you ready to be interrogated?
By Chuckt (c) 2013

Revelation 9:1 ¶ And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Revelation 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment (g928 βασανίζω basanizō ) of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

The word “torment” is an interesting word for testing. It means to question by applying torture.

Strong's G928 - basanizō

2) to question by applying torture

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G928&t=KJV

Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words:

B-1 Verb Strong's Number: g928 Greek: basanizo

Distress, Distressed:

properly signifies "to test by rubbing on the touchstone" (basanos, "a touchstone"), then, "to question by applying torture;" hence "to vex, torment;" in the Passive Voice, "to be harassed, distressed;" it is said of men struggling in a boat against wind and waves, Mat 14:24, RV, "distressed" (AV, "tossed"); Mar 6:48, RV, "distressed" (AV, "toiling").

See PAIN, TOIL, TORMENT, VEX.

Revelation 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts [were] like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads [were] as it were crowns like gold, and their faces [were] as the faces of men.

Revelation 9:8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as [the teeth] of lions.

Revelation 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings [was] as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

Revelation 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power [was] to hurt men five months.

Joel 2:4 The appearance of them [is] as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Joel 2:5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Joel 2:6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

Revelation 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Joel 2:7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Joel 2:8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and [when] they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

Joel 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

Joel 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp [is] very great: for [he is] strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD [is] great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

I wonder what they're going to ask...
"What do you think of Christ?"
Uh oh. Wrong answer.

Uh oh. Wrong answer.

You Christians have no idea what "Christ" means. Your flesh will perish without any knowledge of God to help you understand who you really are in God, unless God has chosen you as a believer in the true gospel spoken by a saint. Christians are NOT saints.

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

Uh oh. Wrong answer.

You Christians have no idea what "Christ" means. Your flesh will perish without any knowledge of God to help you understand who you really are in God, unless God has chosen you as a believer in the true gospel spoken by a saint. Christians are NOT saints.

Matthew 7
21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

I love that you quote this scripture after saying that the only people who can understand God are the ones he choses as believers in the true gospel.

If God makes the choice, and then decides that those he didn't chose are evil doers who didn't know him, doesn't he understand that it's his fault? Why all the tormenting for something folks had no power over, as I'm guessing their choices don't override the choices of God.

Also, on what basis does he make that choice? If he created all of us, and some people are better than others, isn't that also kind of on him? "I didn't do as good a job with this one, his moral circuit isn't wired in there just so, so fuck that guy. I don't know you, evildoer! Partner up with a couple of my locust interrogators and move along!"

The more you explain your God's nature and it's combination of deceit and wrath, I gotta say. . . it sounds like the belief system you've ended up with has, at its apex, a creator who basically just threw together billions of sentient beings for no better purpose than to tease and punish them. Except the ones that came out really awesome. Those ones get chosen as believers.

Now, I'm not saying that you're wrong to worship this being, especially if you're correct and this being you're describing truly exists and is God. However, I do hope that I won't find you pushing this deity as a being of love and salvation. Anyone who would torture people for not having knowledge that he made it impossible for them to have is a sociopath. Your God is a child in a sandbox burning ants with a magnifying lense.

Nobody tell the OP that the Rapture is really just the Kanamits doing a periodic harvest of humans.

I find it so difficult to believe that Right Wingers really believe this stuff.

Well, if it's any consolation, how you treat the poor will determine where you end up if Jesus is any indication. That's means most "Feed the poor and they will breed" Republicans will burn for eternity in hell.

Hey rdeany: Look at my thumb

Gee, you're dumb.

Well, if it's any consolation, how you treat the poor will determine where you end up if Jesus is any indication. That's means most "Feed the poor and they will breed" Republicans will burn for eternity in hell.

Right wingers are all Christian? Crazy. I'm generally pretty right of center, but I didn't realize that I believed in the bible.

Thanks for the update, genius.

Right wingers are all Christian? Crazy. I'm generally pretty right of center, but I didn't realize that I believed in the bible.

Learn to read.

Also, you do realize that most members of black evangelical churches are democrats, right? They also believe this shit. Hard for me to decipher how you've separated this into a right wing left wing issue in stead of allowing it to be a religious discussion.

Also, you do realize that most members of black evangelical churches are democrats, right? They also believe this shit. Hard for me to decipher how you've separated this into a right wing left wing issue in stead of allowing it to be a religious discussion.

Yea, but they like helping poor people.

The story of the Rapture was not begun until the mid 19th Century and developed after by British evangelists then crossed the Atlantic to our shores.

The fact is this: the folks of the first nineteen centuries of Christianity would have no idea of what is the Rapture. The concept would be foreign to their understanding of last days.

The story of the Rapture was not begun until the mid 19th Century and developed after by British evangelists then crossed the Atlantic to our shores.

The fact is this: the folks of the first nineteen centuries of Christianity would have no idea of what is the Rapture. The concept would be foreign to their understanding of last days.

A lot of people are confused by right winger evangelists. Not just foreigners.

Learn to read.

The most that you hi-lited didn't have anything to do with how many right-wingers you think are Christian, just how many are going to hell. Good try dummy.

What I was getting at wasn't what you think of the Christian-right's attitudes on helping people. You asked why it was so hard to believe that right wingers believe this stuff, implying that this stuff is incorrect and of course stupid right wingers would believe some incorrect stuff.

I was simply pointing out that many left wingers believe it to.

Now if you wanna get down to left and right and how they feel about helping people, allow me to distinguish, since it's on this very topic where I'm totally right wing.

I don't believe in the wellfare system and I don't believe in systems where the government redistributes wealth. This has nothing to do with whether or not I want to help people. In my personal life, I'm very charitable and always giving of my time to help out people around me. I don't believe that it's the government's job to force everyone to do as I do.

Wanting to help people and demanding that the government enforce your morals regarding charity are two very, very different things Rdean. Wanting to give away someone else's money to someone you feel needs it more isn't what generosity is. Generosity is giving of -yourself-

And to be clear, I've attended several evangelical churches in my lifetime. One or two pulled republican and one definitely pulled democrat. Know what the crazy part is? They were all heavily involved in community outreach and charity for the needy. Get off your high horse about Christian right wingers not wanting to help people. While you pat yourself on the back for being "kind" enough to demand that the government force people to give to oneanother, those people you condemn as selfish ACTUALLY give of themselves to help people. Not because it's a government mandate, but because they want to help people.

Quit being a dishonest, partisan dick.

Last edited:
(1) I think those who believe in the Rapture worldwide are a small % of Christians.

(2) Scripture is quite clear that Christ would not condemn Roman law: "render unto Caesar's what is Caesar's".

The legality of taxation, welfare, etc., was decided long ago.

What I was getting at wasn't what you think of the Christian-right's attitudes on helping people. You asked why it was so hard to believe that right wingers believe this stuff, implying that this stuff is incorrect and of course stupid right wingers would believe some incorrect stuff.

Now if you wanna get down to left and right and how they feel about helping people, allow me to distinguish, since it's on this very topic where I'm totally right wing.

I don't believe in the wellfare system and I don't believe in systems where the government redistributes wealth. This has nothing to do with whether or not I want to help people. In my personal life, I'm very charitable and always giving of my time to help out people around me. I don't believe that it's the government's job to force everyone to do as I do.

Wanting to help people and demanding that the government enforce your morals regarding charity are two very, very different things Rdean. Wanting to give away someone else's money to someone you feel needs it more isn't what generosity is. Generosity is giving of -yourself-

And to be clear, I've attended several evangelical churches in my lifetime. One or two pulled republican and one definitely pulled democrat. Know what the crazy part is? They were all heavily involved in community outreach and charity for the needy. Get off your high horse about Christian right wingers not wanting to help people. While you pat yourself on the back for being "kind" enough to demand that the government force people to give to oneanother, those people you condemn as selfish ACTUALLY give of themselves to help people. Not because it's a government mandate, but because they want to help people.

That is pure bullshit and you know it. 85% of people on food stamps are children, veterans with disabilities and seniors.
And get this. The Catholic Charities gets most of it's money from the Government. I've linked to that several times already. I wonder how much money other so called charities get from the government.

Right wingers crying about "government" are like those morons with signs that say, "Keep government hands off my Medicare".

keep-your-government-hands-off-my-medicare1.jpg

The problem with your kind, is that you've listened to this right wing bullshit for so long, it not only makes sense to you, but you believe it.

That is pure bullshit and you know it. 85% of people on food stamps are children, veterans with disabilities and seniors.
And get this. The Catholic Charities gets most of it's money from the Government. I've linked to that several times already. I wonder how much money other so called charities get from the government.

Right wingers crying about "government" are like those morons with signs that say, "Keep government hands off my Medicare".

keep-your-government-hands-off-my-medicare1.jpg

The problem with your kind, is that you've listened to this right wing bullshit for so long, it not only makes sense to you, but you believe it.

The problem you you fucking morons is you can't recognize PhotoShop

Forum List

Back