If you could go back in time and stop one historical event, what would it be?

'
And, with astonishing serendipity, last night I was watching the 1945 film version of Agatha Cristie's "Ten Little Indians" -- in the Special Features was included a 1945 year-end news review of Castle films "News Parade."

It included a clip of the mushroom cloud rising up from Nagasaki, while the news reader intoned, quote ---

"The Japs were trying to surrender when the atom bomb leveled Nagasaki."

Clearly, the American government and Brainwashing Machine had not got their lies straight by the end of 1945 !!!

· · · ·
fce32f95.gif
· · · ·

'
Debate over the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
The bombings as war crimes

Szilard, who had gone on to play a major role in the Manhattan Project, argued:

"Let me say only this much to the moral issue involved: Suppose Germany had developed two bombs before we had any bombs. And suppose Germany had dropped one bomb, say, on Rochester and the other on Buffalo, and then having run out of bombs she would have lost the war. Can anyone doubt that we would then have defined the dropping of atomic bombs on cities as a war crime, and that we would have sentenced the Germans who were guilty of this crime to death at Nuremberg and hanged them?"

The 1946 United States Strategic Bombing Survey, written by Paul Nitze, concluded that the atomic bombs had been unnecessary to the winning of the war....Nitze reported :

"Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts, and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey's opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945, and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated."
emphasis added

'
Is that the best you supporters of murder and militarism can do when confronted by the truth?

Here is some more for you apologists for the Satanic evils of the United States government :

In the documentary The Fog of War, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara recalls that General Curtis LeMay, who relayed the Presidential order to drop nuclear bombs on Japan, said, "If we'd lost the war, we'd all have been prosecuted as war criminals."

"And I think he's right. He, and I'd say I, were behaving as war criminals. LeMay recognized that what he was doing would be thought immoral if his side had lost. But what makes it immoral if you lose and not immoral if you win?"
----Robert S. McNamara

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote in his memoir The White House Years :

"In 1945 Secretary of War Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act. During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression, and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives."

LINK

Ok numan, here goes, hold on to that pointy hat of yours and get ready for a butt kickin of a life time...

Had Lucy never have pulled that damn football from Charlie Brown JUST as he was going to kick it, then he may have gone on to college, been the first Kicker ever to win the Heisman, join the Cleveland Browns, helped them win the Super Bowl, thus allowing me to win the $20 we bet in 9th grade, money I would have spent on a nice present for my Mom making her really really happy!

Got it numan!

Now go take a nap!

I would have prevented the importation of slaves to North America.

This is absolutely brilliant. The changes in this nation would be incredible.

Would we have had a civil war?

Would Lincoln have been elected?

Fast forward

No civil rights riots, would Michael Jordon or OJ Simpson, rap or Motown have ever existed?

The list goes on and on.

I gotta say, I think Ernie really nailed this!

I would have prevented the importation of slaves to North America.
This is absolutely brilliant. The changes in this nation would be incredible.

Would we have had a civil war?

Would Lincoln have been elected?

Fast forward

No civil rights riots, would Michael Jordon or OJ Simpson, rap or Motown have ever existed?

The list goes on and on.

I gotta say, I think Ernie really nailed this!
Don't be silly, the United States simply would not have existed !!

The original English colonists were either too lazy to work, or too incompetent to be able to work intelligently. Just look at all the people who starved to death both in Virginia and Massachusetts in the first year there -- with plentious food all around them that they were too stupid to recognize!!

Then there was the fact that so many of the people who came over were ignorant, uneducated, mentally incompetent and/or convicted criminals.

No slaves -- certainly no colonies that would have survived !

Well, they might have survived in the North -- but under French rule !!

P.S. There would have been no Civil War if the Insurrectionary Terrorists had been instantly crushed, and been unable to persuade the French to attack and defeat the legitimate government.

My mother lighting her first cigarette.

That is what I would prevent.

'
"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace. The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military point of view, in the defeat of Japan."
----Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet

"The use of [the atomic bombs] at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.... The lethal possibilities of atomic warfare in the future are frightening. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."
----Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy, Chief of Staff to President Truman

'
I think the people responsible for this crime were much worse than ravening, blood-thirsty monsters.

They were cold-hearted, pityless, inhuman practitioners of Realpolitik and scientific vivisection.

They had two bombs, one uranium and the other plutonium, and they were not going to pass up the opportunity to test the differential effects on two, undamaged, cities. The human cost to civilians was a matter of indifference to them.

There was also the bonus effect that it would scare Stalin and the Soviets.

I regard the inhumanity and evil of these American "leaders" to be no different than the worst of what Hitler and Stalin were capable.

The inability of many Americans to see these simple facts of history I regard as childishness, and indicates to me how unsuitable such people are to be leaders on the world stage.

'
I think the people responsible for this crime were much worse than ravening, blood-thirsty monsters.

They were cold-hearted, pityless, inhuman practitioners of Realpolitik and scientific vivisection.

They had two bombs, one uranium and the other plutonium, and they were not going to pass up the opportunity to test the differential effects on two, undamaged, cities. The human cost to civilians was a matter of indifference to them.

There was also the bonus effect that it would scare Stalin and the Soviets.

I regard the inhumanity and evil of these American "leaders" to be no different than the worst of what Hitler and Stalin were capable.

The inability of many Americans to see these simple facts of history I regard as childishness, and indicates to me how unsuitable such people are to be leaders on the world stage.

It's a shame that the bombs were used, but the war was going to have to be waged in Japan. Aprox. a half of a million lives were going to be lost by the allies fighting on Japan soil. I feel Truman had to do what he did, and glad they haven't been used since.
I know you see America as an evil in this world and never miss an opportunity because that is the chic thing to do these days.

It's a shame that the bombs were used, but the war was going to have to be waged in Japan. Aprox. a half of a million lives were going to be lost by the allies fighting on Japan soil.
NONSENSE!!!

The fact that you can continue to post such utter crap, after reading the evidence against it, simply shows that your mind is hermetically sealed against truth.

But then, you are an American.

Last edited:
It's a shame that the bombs were used, but the war was going to have to be waged in Japan. Aprox. a half of a million lives were going to be lost by the allies fighting on Japan soil.
NONSENSE!!!

The fact that you can continue to post such utter crap, after reading the evidence against it, simply shows that your mind is hermetically sealed against truth.

But then, you are an American.

So we all should believe you because............you said, "nonsense"?
I see :cuckoo:

The Bomb Saved American Lives

Field Marshall Hisaichi Terauchi had ordered that all 100,000 Allied prisoners of war be executed if the Americans invaded.

there was real concern in Washington that the Japanese had made a determination to fight literally to the death. The Japanese saw suicide as an honorable alternative to surrender. It was the same rationale for their use of the so-called banzai charges employed early in the war.

For American military commanders, determining the strength of Japanese forces and anticipating the level of civilian resistance were the keys to preparing casualty projections. Numerous studies were conducted, with widely varying results. Some of the studies estimated American casualties for just the first 30 days of Operation Torch. Such a study done by General MacArthur's staff in June estimated 23,000 US casualties.
Studies estimating total U.S. casualties were equally varied and no less grim. One by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in April 1945 resulted in an estimate of 1,200,000 casualties, with 267,000 fatalities. Admiral Leahy, Chief of Staff to the Commander in Chief, estimated 268,000 casualties (35%). Former President Herbert Hoover sent a memorandum to President Truman and Secretary of War Stimson, with “conservative” estimates of 500,000 to 1,000,000 fatalities. A study done for Secretary of War Henry Stimson's staff by William Shockley estimated the costs at 1.7 to 4 million American casualties, including 400,000-800,000 fatalities.
General Charles Willoughby, revised the estimate and predicted American casualties on Kyushu alone (Operation Torch) would be 500,000, or ten times what they had been on Okinawa.
The Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb: Arguments in Support

By the way....looks like that Japanese lives were saved having used the bombs. Civilian Japanese were trained to fight to the bitter end.

Numan, you are an American hating asshole.
You could care less about American lives, so I expect no less from you.
But, son, you've had your ass handed to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back