If you could go back in time and stop one historical event, what would it be?

It's a shame that the bombs were used, but the war was going to have to be waged in Japan. Aprox. a half of a million lives were going to be lost by the allies fighting on Japan soil.
NONSENSE!!!

The fact that you can continue to post such utter crap, after reading the evidence against it, simply shows that your mind is hermetically sealed against truth.

But then, you are an American.

And a damned good one. You though, you are a disappointment to the human race...of that there is NO doubt.

:eusa_angel:Without a doubt I would stop Adam and Eve from eating the apple.
If that had not of happened I would not have to work, and get to run around naked with all the sexy ladies.:eusa_angel:

:eusa_angel:Without a doubt I would stop Adam and Eve from eating the apple.
If that had not of happened I would not have to work, and get to run around naked with all the sexy ladies.:eusa_angel:

Then again, without the apple there are no naughty thoughts.

No naughty thought, no slam - bam - thank ya ma'am.

Even the atomic bombs did not discourage the militeristic powers in Japan, who tried to stage a coup and isolate the emperor in the emperial palace before his surrender recording was released to the radio for the Japanese public.

My step-father was scheduled for deployment in the Japanese invasion, after Okinawa. He felt like this chnace of survival was maybe 75%-80%, or 50% chance that he would be a casuality of some sort. He was also aware that they were going to have to kill a LOT of civilians...even children, who were being trained to resist with spears.

But the fact is that on March 9, alone, just one of Curtis LeMay's incentiary raids killed over 100,000 Japanese, almost all of whom were civilians, and these raids continued for the rest of the war. The atomic bombs did not kill as many as LeMay's raids did, but they did put a swift end to the war. BTW, the Japanese were still on the offensive in China, until the Russians entered the war in the last few days. In those few days, the Russians killed 100,000 Japanese.

Finally, it would be a big mistake to ignore the threat of the kamakasi attacks of the invasion fleet. They were deadly, and devastating.

Last, but not least, America was war weary, and the money to continue to wage it was running out. The 7th bond drive was pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. Truman knew that if word got out at any point that he had failed to use a weapon that could have ended the war, he would have been impeached.

We did what we had to do, and we saved the Japanese nation from themselves, by doing it.

Last edited:
If you could go back in time and stop one historical event in the history of the planet, what would it be?

Adam eating the apple?
The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
The assassination of Lincoln? Kennedy?
Stop 9/11?
Stop the Celtics from winning the '69 title?
Stop Obama from becoming President?
You can stop any event you want, but you only get one choice!

What event would prevent from ever happening?

Hitler's mom from ever becoming a heterosexual?
Lincolns prevention of the second declaration of independence.

I would arm Trevon. Tell him to shoot that fat fuck as soon as he went for his gun ...or better yet, have trevon shoot him and say "he reached for something".

If you could go back in time and stop one historical event in the history of the planet, what would it be?

Adam eating the apple?
The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
The assassination of Lincoln? Kennedy?
Stop 9/11?
Stop the Celtics from winning the '69 title?
Stop Obama from becoming President?
You can stop any event you want, but you only get one choice!

What event would prevent from ever happening?

Hitler's mom from ever becoming a heterosexual?

If I could go back in time, it would be to perform an abortion on Moses Hess, the demented, satanic, diabolical bastard who raped the minds of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. A sick minded hateful turd whose political ideology has lead to the deaths of millions of innocent people, and brainwashed billions of others

I would still have prevented the importation of black slaves into north America. I mentioned it early in the thread but got no discussion.

I would never have stepped in to that elevator in Dallas in the Fall of 1971, in which was standing the woman who would later become my wife.....

It's a shame that the bombs were used, but the war was going to have to be waged in Japan. Aprox. a half of a million lives were going to be lost by the allies fighting on Japan soil.
NONSENSE!!!

The fact that you can continue to post such utter crap, after reading the evidence against it, simply shows that your mind is hermetically sealed against truth.
So we all should believe you because............you said, "nonsense"?
Not at all -- you should pay attention and respect to the considered judgments of

----Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet
----Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy, Chief of Staff to President Truman
----leo Szilard
----Paul Nitze
----General Curtis LeMay
----Robert S. McNamara
----Dwight D. Eisenhower

and many other persons whose knowledge is much more worthy of consideration than the incompetent opinions of a dumb fuck like you.

Last edited:
Jamestown Va. Circa 1619. I would have turned back the first boatload of 20 or so Africans that where brought here to be sold into slavery and made the Southerners pick their own damn cotton. Whole lot better, more prosperous and safer nation if we could go back and find a way to keep the negroes out.

I've actually spent a few days thinking about this question:

If you could go back in time and stop one historical event, what would it be?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0714IbwC3HA]Let It Be - The Beatles - Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I would still have prevented the importation of black slaves into north America. I mentioned it early in the thread but got no discussion.

I think that is because you have come up with one of the very few good ideas up to this point. Not much to say really.

NONSENSE!!!

Not at all -- you should pay attention and respect to the considered judgments of

----Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet
----leo Szilard
----Paul Nitze
----General Curtis LeMay
----Robert S. McNamara
----Dwight D. Eisenhower

and many other persons whose knowledge is much more worthy of consideration than the incompetent opinions of a dumb fuck like you.
Just disregard everything else that was in my post, numan? Typical :rolleyes:
There was no surrender on the table....period. Not even after the first bomb was used,.....but there sure was one after the second one was used. But, don't let the facts slap you in the face.

Last edited:

----leo Szilard
----Paul Nitze
----General Curtis LeMay
----Robert S. McNamara
----Dwight D. Eisenhower

Just disregard everything else that was in my post, numan? Typical :rolleyes:
There was no surrender on the table....period. Not even after the first bomb was used,.....but there sure was on after the second one was used. But, don't let the facts slap you in the face.

And Japan did not (officially) surrender until September 2, 1945.

http://totallyhistory.com/surrender-of-japan/

Last edited:
Jamestown Va. Circa 1619. I would have turned back the first boatload of 20 or so Africans that where brought here to be sold into slavery and made the Southerners pick their own damn cotton. Whole lot better, more prosperous and safer nation if we could go back and find a way to keep the negroes out.

Now if we could just find a way to go back and keep the racists out..........

I'd go back and poke holes in Christoper Columbus's boats before they ever started out, keep all you war mongering, genocidal Europeans out of the western hemisphere.

Forum List

Back