If you could go back in time and stop one historical event, what would it be?

I would time travel to Mecca and the year 570 A.D. and wipe out all human life there to ensure Muhammad never lives to create the monstrous religion of Islam.

The problem with stopping a major historical even such as Hitler or 9/11 is that in each of those events, the actors learn very valuable information. WWII was going to happen with or without Hitler and if you had managed to stop that one event, the next one might have been worse. You simply do not know.

I would like to have stopped 9/11 but I know that such an even would have happened anyway. If not a nuclear device in a city or another set of planes, an event of that scale would have occurred with another weapon. In the case of a nuclear device in a city, I shudder to think of the response then. It would have likely been far worse.

Ray Bradbury wrote a story "The Sound of Thunder" about how the death of a butterfly altered world history.

Changing one event has uncountable unintended consequences.

That said, I'd stop the formation of the Federal Reserve.

This was a topic a huge public message place. The overwhelming response was "keep all minorities out of the USA. We would need no security, welfare, or police/prisons!"
My answer would be 9/11. We have never been the same as a country since that tragedy.

Fantasyland! I am somewhat puzzled that so many people have no conception of the bell shaped curves that exist for all characteristics of large populations regardless of monoethnicity or multiculturalism. There will be evil people and kind people, poor people and rich people in all large populations. Hence there will be a need for welfare (providing basic needs) and law enforcement. (unless all criminals are executed, there will be detention centers)...even in your hypothetical 'lily white USA'.

I suspect that your 'huge public message place" was Stormfront...a hideously racist forum attractive to arrogant pinheads that believe the perfect nation would be inhabited by white skinned, blond haired, blue eyed, racist clones. The curves would still exist. Hence the consensus of your fellow posters is unmitigated poppycock...logically expected of low IQ posters.

Ray Bradbury wrote a story "The Sound of Thunder" about how the death of a butterfly altered world history.

Changing one event has uncountable unintended consequences.

That said, I'd stop the formation of the Federal Reserve.

Exactly!

All animal and plant life is interdependent. If all the hippopotami died, other species downstream would die off one by one simply because the hippopotami shit in the river.

Last edited:
I suspect that your 'huge public message place" was Stormfront...a hideously racist forum attractive to arrogant pinheads that believe the perfect nation would be inhabited by white skinned, blond haired, blue eyed, racist clones. The curves would still exist. Hence the consensus of your fellow posters is unmitigated poppycock...logically expected of low IQ posters.

I don't care what color anyone is as long as they behave. The problem is Americans have been watching minorities destroy America for years and are fed up with it. I don't read or go to white supremacist sites that hate Jews. Only low-lives hate devout/Godly Jews.

If you could go back in time and stop one historical event in the history of the planet, what would it be?

Adam eating the apple?
The Crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
The assassination of Lincoln? Kennedy?
Stop 9/11?
Stop the Celtics from winning the '69 title?
Stop Obama from becoming President?
You can stop any event you want, but you only get one choice!

What event would prevent from ever happening?

Hitler's mom from ever becoming a heterosexual?

it is one thing... but not one event so to speak.

I would stop the birth of every single religion. .....if i HAD to choose ONE religion though, it would be islam.

If you could go back in time and stop one historical event in the history of the planet, what would it be?

Adam eating the apple?
Stop 9/11?

Arm Trevon. Oh and the hitler mom thing. :)

MTV from green lighting Jersey Shore.

ronnie-magro-jersey-shore1.jpg

I would stop Taylor Swift from being born so she wouldn't have to write so many shitty songs about her multiple breakups.

[...]

I would like to have stopped 9/11 but I know that such an even would have happened anyway. If not a nuclear device in a city or another set of planes, an event of that scale would have occurred with another weapon. In the case of a nuclear device in a city, I shudder to think of the response then. It would have likely been far worse.
Why are you so sure the 9/11 attack was unavoidably destined? The fact is it wasn't. That tragic event was brought about by the brutish arrogance of those whom we trust to competently maintain security while avoiding such disasters -- rather than provoking them.

When Operation Desert Storm was being planned, George H.W. Bush, via his close friendship with the Saudi Royal Family, arranged to construct an American airbase in Saudi Arabia, in the vicinity of the Islamic holy land, for the purpose of facilitating the expulsion of Iraq from Kuwait. While it was agreed the base would be removed upon completion of that operation it was not removed but in fact had undergone incremental expansion over the years between 1991 and 2001.

During that same time frame a serious outcry arose from the Palestinians in response to an aggressive expansion of Israeli settlements deep into the Gaza region. That encroachment would ordinarily have provoked armed resistance by the Palestinians and their Arab supporters but the contingency was rendered impractical by the threat of U.S. military support of Israel.

Those two situations gave rise to extreme anger on the part of such fanatically militant Islamic organizations as Al Qaeda, which at the time few ordinary Americans, if any, had ever heard of. While a number of Arab leaders had lodged protests about failure to remove the bin Sultan airbase from their holy land and the encroachment of Israeli settlers into the gaza region, those protests were routinely afforded little attention by the Clinton Administration.

Upon learning of these protests, PBS Frontline's John Miller made contact with this Al Qaeda organization and arranged to interview its leader, a fellow named Osama bin Laden, which took place in a cave in Afghanistan in May of 1998. In that interview, bin Laden clearly identifed the objects of his people's protest, the airbase and the Israeli settlements, and he warned that if some action was not taken to correct those situations the U.S. would have cause for regret.

Who Is Bin Laden? - Interview With Osama Bin Laden (in May 1998) | Hunting Bin Laden | FRONTLINE | PBS

That threat apparently was not taken seriously, either by Bill Clinton or by George W. Bush, both of whom ignored it, and on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world came to know who Osama bin Laden was. But most never knew the reason behind what he did.

What you should know is shortly after that attack George W. Bush quietly removed the bin Sultan airbase from Saudi Arabia and he pressured Israel's President Ariel Sharon to evict the settlers from the disputed Gaza region. If either Clinton or Bush had acknowledged and acted on the legitimate protests by Al Queda when they first were lodged the level of rage that prompted nineteen healthy young shahids to sacrifice their lives would not have existed and the attack could not have happened.

The question now is have our leaders learned that the most dangerous weapons in the world are people who are willing to sacrifice their own lives to strike at an offender?

Last edited:

Adam eating the apple?
Stop 9/11?

Nick Saban's birth

'
Oh, this is a no-brainer !!

I would feel duty bound to prevent the collapse of Western Civilization in 1914 !!

Therefore, on the day that Franz Ferdinand and Sophie visited Sarajevo, I would drop an atomic bomb on the city -- leaving a note that the government of the United States was responsible.

Then the world would have had some warning of the century it was about to enter.

Last edited:
'
Oh, this is a no brainer !!

I would feel duty bound to prevent the collapse of Western Civilization in 1914 !!

Therefore, on the day that Franz Ferdinand and Sophie visited Sarajevo, I would drop an atomic bomb on the city -- leaving a note that the government of the United States was responsible.

Then the world would have some idea of the century it was about to enter.

No A-Bomb available in 1914.

The significance of this event is way overplayed. The coalitions of nations that had formed in Europe at the time virtually guaranteed all out war at some point. Through most of history Europe has been constantly embroiled in conflict. If Franz Ferdinand hadn't been assassinated - it would have been some other event, touching off a conflict between two nations that quickly grows into war across the continent.

Last edited:
The election of Ronald Reagan.

And if that didn't work I would carefully have explained the difference between a .22 and a .357 magnum to John Hinckley.

You're one the reasons why people despise libruls.. You have to insert politics in everything.. Get a life.

And it's always the "tolerant" liberals who want to murder people. Funny how that is....

Forum List

Back