If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

Do you think someone from Social Security should prevent her from buying a gun to defend herself with simply because I paid her bills?
No, but she should be forced to take a competency test consisting of both a written test AND a "field test", like for a driver's license. If she can't land 3 out of 5 in the target circle, then no gun for grandma. if she doesn't understand which places are off limits to guns, then no gun for grandma.

Where does the 2nd Amendment require that?

Would you give a loaded handgun to your senile grandfather? (assuming you have a senile grandfather) If not, would you give a loaded handgun to a senile neighbor?

That's not for me to decide, it's for the family to decide--not your President. And you don't have to be senile to be incapable of making out your bills. How many senile old people are murderers?

Say you have a senile old neighbor with no family, who calls you up, and asks you to get his handgun from the attic, load it and hand it to him. Would you do it?

No, but she should be forced to take a competency test consisting of both a written test AND a "field test", like for a driver's license. If she can't land 3 out of 5 in the target circle, then no gun for grandma. if she doesn't understand which places are off limits to guns, then no gun for grandma.

Where does the 2nd Amendment require that?

Nope, but Heller v DC says they can make it so.

Do you stupid Moon Bats love Mitt Romney now? You should because he is a stupid anti Constitutional Moon Bat just like you assholes are. He even hates Trump like you do. You little Libtard shitheads must really love the "some freedoms will be lost" That is just right up your alley.

GOP Rep Rooney: Iā€™ll Do Something on Gun Control, But ā€˜Not Necessarily for Normal Peopleā€™ ā€“ ā€˜Some Freedomsā€™ Will Be Lost

GOP Rep Rooney: Iā€™ll Do Something on Gun Control, But ā€˜Not Necessarily for Normal Peopleā€™ ā€“ ā€˜Some Freedomsā€™ Will Be Lost

by IAN HANCHETT17 Feb 20188

On Saturdayā€™s ā€œMSNBC Live,ā€ Representative Francis Rooney (R-FL) stated that ā€œsome freedoms are going to have to be given upā€ to ensure unstable people donā€™t get weapons and that he will agree to act on gun control, but ā€œnot necessarily for normal people.ā€ He also expressed uncertainty as to whether people should be allowed to own AR-15s and argued for making schools harder targets.

Farther Down Page

Later, Rooney answered a question on his support for looser gun laws by stating, ā€œI thinkā€¦the question is who gets the gun, not the gun itself. I think we need to have really tough laws on background checks and making sure ā€” and waiting periods, maybe even put chips in the guns, so we know where they are. But something ā€” some freedoms are going to have to be given up to make sure that unstable people donā€™t have access to those weapons. Guns donā€™t kill people. The deranged people kill people, and they use guns or they use car bombs or they use different things to do it.ā€ He further stated that privacy laws ā€œabsolutelyā€ have to be looked at.

Would you give a loaded handgun to your senile grandfather? (assuming you have a senile grandfather) If not, would you give a loaded handgun to a senile neighbor?

That's not for me to decide, it's for the family to decide--not your President. And you don't have to be senile to be incapable of making out your bills. How many senile old people are murderers?

Say you have a senile old neighbor with no family, who calls you up, and asks you to get his handgun from the attic, load it and hand it to him. Would you do it?

No. I wouldn't do it for him and I wouldn't do it for a 40 year old healthy man. I don't supply guns to anybody. I may let a friend shoot one of my guns at the range, but that's about it.

If you're in favor of denying senior citizens their constitutional right to own firearm, then is it okay if Trump makes an EO that forbids them from ever voting again?

Yes, Democrats are really dumber than a door knob

1DWNHxwuVoAAsmtn-455347.JPG

The best reason for the right to keep and bear arms is actually in the Bill of Rights - "being necessary for the security of a free state".

I disagree. The best argument for the right to bear arms are Democrats. After all, if I take my gun with me to the store tonight, I'm not taking it because I'm worried about a Republican robbing the store, hitting me on the head with his gun, and taking my wallet. Or if I go to my ATM tonight, I don't take my gun because I'm afraid of a conservative wedging himself between the machine and my car forcing me to withdraw the maximum. Republicans don't do those types of things; Democrats do those types of things.

So if we ever got rid of guns, we would first have to get rid of Democrats. And since that can't be done Lord knows we've tried, we need to keep our guns.

No. I wouldn't do it for him and I wouldn't do it for a 40 year old healthy man. I don't supply guns to anybody. I may let a friend shoot one of my guns at the range, but that's about it.

If you want to put guns into the hands of senile people, why won't you put your actions where your mouth is?

Are you now against letting them have guns?

If you want to put guns into the hands of senile people, why won't you put your actions where your mouth is?

Progressives have no credibility on the issue, their point is never valid

If you're in favor of denying senior citizens their constitutional right to own firearm, then is it okay if Trump makes an EO that forbids them from ever voting again?
We're talking people who have been adjudicated unable to handle their own money. The government already took their money from them, but you want them to have a gun?

The first thing they would do is tell whoever has control of their money to hand it over or they'll shoot them.

Don't you get it?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I don't give guns to anybody, but I wouldn't deny that senior his right to buy one for himself either.

It's not the job of a President to make laws that strip citizens of their constitutional rights.

We're talking people who have been adjudicated unable to handle their own money. The government already took their money from them, but you want them to have a gun?

The first thing they would do is tell whoever has control of their money to hand it over or they'll shoot them.

Don't you get it?

Don't you get it?

Its not a question of credibility, their anti gun arguments are absurd. I don't often agree with Mark Levin these days but he called this one Friday, their arguments can't even be debated they are that absurd.

Don't you get it?

Given the fact the family likely controls that and have been for many years, show me one time where that happened.

Forum List

Back