If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

If you're in favor of denying senior citizens their constitutional right to own firearm, then is it okay if Trump makes an EO that forbids them from ever voting again?
We're talking people who have been adjudicated unable to handle their own money. The government already took their money from them, but you want them to have a gun?

The first thing they would do is tell whoever has control of their money to hand it over or they'll shoot them.

Don't you get it?
Progressives have no credibility on the issue, their point is never valid

Its not a question of credibility, their anti gun arguments are absurd. I don't often agree with Mark Levin these days but he called this one Friday, their arguments can't even be debated they are that absurd.
True, Thatā€™s why they have no credibility

Do you stupid Moon Bats love Mitt Romney now? You should because he is a stupid anti Constitutional Moon Bat just like you assholes are. He even hates Trump like you do. You little Libtard shitheads must really love the "some freedoms will be lost" That is just right up your alley.

GOP Rep Rooney: Iā€™ll Do Something on Gun Control, But ā€˜Not Necessarily for Normal Peopleā€™ ā€“ ā€˜Some Freedomsā€™ Will Be Lost

GOP Rep Rooney: Iā€™ll Do Something on Gun Control, But ā€˜Not Necessarily for Normal Peopleā€™ ā€“ ā€˜Some Freedomsā€™ Will Be Lost

by IAN HANCHETT17 Feb 20188

On Saturdayā€™s ā€œMSNBC Live,ā€ Representative Francis Rooney (R-FL) stated that ā€œsome freedoms are going to have to be given upā€ to ensure unstable people donā€™t get weapons and that he will agree to act on gun control, but ā€œnot necessarily for normal people.ā€ He also expressed uncertainty as to whether people should be allowed to own AR-15s and argued for making schools harder targets.

Farther Down Page

Later, Rooney answered a question on his support for looser gun laws by stating, ā€œI thinkā€¦the question is who gets the gun, not the gun itself. I think we need to have really tough laws on background checks and making sure ā€” and waiting periods, maybe even put chips in the guns, so we know where they are. But something ā€” some freedoms are going to have to be given up to make sure that unstable people donā€™t have access to those weapons. Guns donā€™t kill people. The deranged people kill people, and they use guns or they use car bombs or they use different things to do it.ā€ He further stated that privacy laws ā€œabsolutelyā€ have to be looked at.

Are you confusing Mitt Romney, the former presidential candidate who is running for the Senate in Utah this fall, with Francis Rooney who is a Florida Congressman?

Please tell me that is a brain fart!

If you want to put guns into the hands of senile people, why won't you put your actions where your mouth is?

Are you now against letting them have guns?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I don't give guns to anybody, but I wouldn't deny that senior his right to buy one for himself either. .

You would legally give them guns, but you wouldn't do so in person. Why are you afraid to do in person what you support?

If I belived in giving the homeless winter coats, I would personally distribute them. But putting guns into senile peoples hands, you won't personally do it.

That about sum it up? All cattle no hat?

There has been countless examples in this thread that guns in schools carried by teachers would create more problems than they would solve
Yes...but like all things left-wing....absolutely none of them were even remotely rooted in reality. I can give "examples" of warriors riding unicorns - but it doesn't make them true.

I could provide you with multiple links of people with guns who did stop murders, rapes and yes, mass killings.

I could provide you with multiple links of people WITHOUT guns doing the same.

There are also links of people without guns, taking the gun of an armed citizen and using it against them and others.

The battle of anecdotes is not data.

I could provide you with multiple links of people with guns who did stop murders, rapes and yes, mass killings.

There are also links of people without guns, taking the gun of an armed citizen and using it against them and others.

There is? Well let's see one. And while you're at it, let's see a link of a person who stopped a crime of an armed attacker barehanded.

Why do you insist on being a control freak?

There is? Well let's see one. And while you're at it, let's see a link of a person who stopped a crime of an armed attacker barehanded.
He thinks heā€™s Jackie Chan... lol

If you want to put guns into the hands of senile people, why won't you put your actions where your mouth is?

Are you now against letting them have guns?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. I don't give guns to anybody, but I wouldn't deny that senior his right to buy one for himself either. .

You would legally give them guns, but you wouldn't do so in person. Why are you afraid to do in person what you support?

If I belived in giving the homeless winter coats, I would personally distribute them. But putting guns into senile peoples hands, you won't personally do it.

That about sum it up? All cattle no hat?

No, but there is a liability possibility when you give your gun to somebody else. There could also be criminal charges if you arm a convicted felon.

Would I let my neighbor (old or young) borrow my car? Hell no. I have no idea what he will do with it. And if he hits somebody and doesn't have insurance, it comes back on me.

You don't have such issues by giving a homeless man a coat.

Yes...but like all things left-wing....absolutely none of them were even remotely rooted in reality. I can give "examples" of warriors riding unicorns - but it doesn't make them true.

If arming teachers is a great idea, why don't we arm prison guards? Those that mix with the population.

Isn't tht like a teacher in a crowded classroom?

He thinks heā€™s Jackie Chan... lol

LOL. Well I am a blackbelt, and one of the first things we were taught when it comes to firearms is nobody is fast enough to take a gun away before getting shot. True, we learned a few moves, but they were staged with somebody holding a gun to your belly, and even then, your chances of disarming an armed person is very slim.

No, but there is a liability possibility when you give your gun to somebody else. There could also be criminal charges if you arm a convicted felon. .

Don't play stupid, you didn't read what I said.

Say you have a senile old neighbor with no family, who calls you up, and asks you to get his handgun from the attic, load it and hand it to him. Would you do it?

If arming teachers is a great idea, why don't we arm prison guards? Those that mix with the population.

Isn't tht like a teacher in a crowded classroom?

Did you ever see the size of some of those prisoners? If they grouped together, they could disarm a guard and only a few may get shot, but they would get the gun.

I double if a classroom of kids would do anything like that.

I read exactly what you posted. You're just backed into a corner and can't get out.

I wouldn't arm anybody because there is a liability issue there. But if they get a firearm on their own, I would have no objection. What about that don't you understand?

LOL. Well I am a blackbelt, and one of the first things we were taught when it comes to firearms is nobody is fast enough to take a gun away before getting shot. True, we learned a few moves, but they were staged with somebody holding a gun to your belly, and even then, your chances of disarming an armed person is very slim.

This is like challenging somebody to slap you, while you're standing in front of him, expecting his action. Try the same challenge when you don't know where when or who.

Did you ever see the size of some of those prisoners? If they grouped together, they could disarm a guard and only a few may get shot, but they would get the gun.

Try high school. Most seniors are bigger than their female teachers by a foot. If they wanted a gun, they would know a teacher they could take one from. They could even beat a 1st degree murder rap, because they can't prove premeditation, they didn't enter the school with a gun. And as a juvenile, they would be out in a couple of years.

This is like challenging somebody to slap you, while you're standing in front of him, expecting his action. Try the same challenge when you don't know where when or who.

No, it doesn't work the same way. Your body needs to me in motion to take an action. Once that happens, an armed criminal will shoot you. It happens all too fast. Now I can disarm a person with a club, a person with a sword, but not a person with a gun. That's besides the fact nobody with a gun is going to go right up to you. Statistically, most shootings take place at a six foot range.

I read exactly what you posted. You're just backed into a corner and can't get out.

I noticed you edited out what I said.

So let me show you what you left out, because it proves you didn't read what I said.

Say you have a senile old neighbor with no family, who calls you up, and asks you to get his handgun from the attic, load it and hand it to him. Would you do it?

No, but there is a liability possibility when you give your gun to somebody else. There could also be criminal charges if you arm a convicted felon. .

I said HIS gun.

You stupidly tried to change it to YOUR gun.

Learn to read.

Try high school. Most seniors are bigger than their female teachers by a foot. If they wanted a gun, they would know a teacher they could take one from. They could even beat a 1st degree murder rap, because they can't prove premeditation, they didn't enter the school with a gun. And as a juvenile, they would be out in a couple of years.

Depends on their age. But if violent kids would be willing to do that, they would just get their own gun and take no chances. You have to remember that concealed carry means just that--concealed. That means you could have a gun in the front of your pants, in the rear of your pants, in an ankle holster, just about anywhere.

That's besides the fact that if a school adopted an armed faculty procedure, a teacher wouldn't' have their firearm on their person. It would be locked up in a locked drawer or something.

I noticed you edited out what I said.

So let me show you what you left out, because it proves you didn't read what I said.

I said HIS gun.

You stupidly tried to change it to YOUR gun.

Learn to read.

I know how to read, and your scenario was would I arm my neighbor? By arming my neighbor, it means giving him a gun.

Forum List

Back