If you thought sending a letter to the Iranian Mullahs was bad, this could be worse

Let this sink in for a moment, you have 47 Senators sending a letter to the Iranian Mullahs letting them know any nuclear deal Obama strikes with them with have to go through the Senate. The backlash is enormous, thus making one wonder if the letter was even worth it (it was).

Now, imagine if you have an American presidential administration possibly attempting to influence the elections of another sovereign nation. This could be the case here, as the U.S. Senate investigatory committee is investigating claims that the Obama Administration is funding efforts to unseat Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in this year's Israeli presidential elections. Whoa. Back up. They are accusing the Obama administration of doing what?

Read for yourself:

A powerful U.S. Senate investigatory committee has launched a bipartisan probe into an American nonprofit’s funding of efforts to oust Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after the Obama administration’s State Department gave the nonprofit taxpayer-funded grants, a source with knowledge of the panel's activities told FoxNews.com.

The fact that both Democratic and Republican sides of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations have signed off on the probe could be seen as a rebuke to President Obama, who has had a well-documented adversarial relationship with the Israeli leader.

The development comes as Netanyahu told Israel’s Channel Two television station this week that there were “governments” that wanted to help with the “Just Not Bibi” campaigning -- Bibi being the Israeli leader’s nickname.

It also follows a FoxNews.com report on claims the Obama administration has been meddling in the Israeli election on behalf of groups hostile to Netanyahu. A spokesperson for Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican and chairman of the committee, declined comment, and aides to ranking Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, of Missouri, did not immediately return calls.

The Senate subcommittee, which has subpoena power, is the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs’ chief investigative body with jurisdiction over all branches of government operations and compliance with laws.

“The Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations does not comment on ongoing investigations,” Portman spokeswoman Caitlin Conant told Foxnews.com.

But a source familiar with the matter confirmed for FoxNews.com that the probe -- undisclosed until now -- was both underway and bipartisan in nature.

Source Senate panel probing possible Obama administration ties to anti-Netanyahu effort Fox News

The republicans blatantly invited Netanyahu here for his speech hoping it would win the election for him. Were you ok with that?
Are you a mind reader that you can assign intent to people outside your own head? You of course, can prove that EVERY Republican did this on the hopes that Bibi would win reelection based upon this one speech......You can, right?

Oh, and before you deflect. Answer MY question first.

Everyone heard for weeks how bad it was to have him speak right before he was up for election. They thought it would give him the win, they guessed wrong.
In Israel analysts see election boost for Netanyahu from speech - Yahoo News
So, you just ignored what I said.....Every Republican said this? Is every Republican an Israeli analyst?

Bibi Using Congressional Address In New Campaign Ad Just As Critics Warned
WASHINGTON -- When House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) announced he had invited Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of Congress just a few weeks ahead of an Israeli election, he was criticized for giving Netanyahu a platform to boost his campaign.

The United States has a policy of not meeting with foreign leaders in advance of elections, so as not to appear to be tilting the electoral balance. But Netanyahu insisted that his motivations had nothing to do with the election, and that the timing of the speech was demanded by the urgency of the Iran nuclear negotiations. There was simply no time to waste.

Already, however, Netanyahu is using his speech as a prop in a campaign commercial back in Israel, where the prime minister is shown basking in the applause of members of Congress who did not boycott his speech.

I thought Bibi said he wasn't going to do that...

I thought the obomanation said he wouldn't interfere in Israel's elections? Senate already investigating his involvement in that!
obama the mad king sent $350,000 of taxpayer money to Netanyahu's opposition and sent his own campaign team to help. What do you want to bet that the team was dispatched on US government planes?

None of that is proven. What we do know is that congress invited Netanyahu here for a speech hoping it would get him elected.
You 'Know' no such thing. All you actually know is that The Boner invited him to speak before a joint session of Congress.

Oh my....Another right wing committee is going to investigate something that they hope will help their 2016 chances. Here's an idea......Why don't they investigate how to quit acting like a bunch of spoiled children and get to working for the good of the country? That is something they haven't shown any interest in yet.
Probably because the President vetoes every good thing for the country.....A true obstructionist, your president.

You were claiming that Obama "sent" these guys to Israel. Are you moving the goalposts now?

Nope. I never said Obama sent anyone. But since you mentioned it, he could have. Obama's adversarial relationship with Netanyahu is well documented. And it could stand to reason that he still holds sway over his former campaign operatives.

Funny. I see it as Netanyahu's adverserial relationship to Obama :)

Well....that's because you are looking at the matter from the perspective of someone who is rooting for America. Some people can't bring themselves to do that while the "usurper" occupies the White's House.

You know, I've never understood the wingnuts on this. If you oppose the policies of the leader of Israel, you are an anti semite and hate Israel...coming from the folks who vehemently oppose the policies of the leader of the United States of America.

Oh my....Another right wing committee is going to investigate something that they hope will help their 2016 chances. Here's an idea......Why don't they investigate how to quit acting like a bunch of spoiled children and get to working for the good of the country? That is something they haven't shown any interest in yet.
It's a bi-partisan committee, dickweed. More and more Democrats are distancing themselves from the anointed one. More and more people are diminishing their support for this arrogant community rabble-rouser. Obama has divided this country more than the KKK could ever wish. Obama thinks he should determine who controls governments all over the world.

There might be a couple of Democrats on the committee, but it is no more bipartisan than all those stupid Benghazi committees that allowed a couple of token Democrats, but was run by teabaggers like Goudy and Issa

Yeah, there are three...3 Democrats and 6 Republicans. Wonder what the votes look like. :rolleyes:

The interwebs strike again...outing Obama's hypocrisy one more time!

As Breitbart explains: […] Biden, like his boss, fails to do his homework before making outlandish statements or else chooses conveniently to overlook the facts.

Livid over the GOP letter, Biden proclaimed: “In thirty-six years in the United States Senate, I cannot recall another instance in which Senators wrote directly to advise another country.”

Directing his venom at the Senate’s Republican majority, Biden claimed the GOP letter was “expressly designed to undercut a sitting President in the midst of sensitive international negotiations…(an act) beneath the dignity of an institution I revere.”

Biden need not go back that far to find a senator who sent advice to a foreign power when similar “sensitive” negotiations were ongoing. Seven years back is far enough.

According to Pajamas Media columnist Michael Ledeen, in 2008, a Democratic senator sent a personal emissary to Tehran encouraging the mullahs not to sign an agreement with the outgoing Bush Administration as negotiations would take on a much friendlier tone following President Bush’s departure from office.

That senator was a presidential candidate at the time. His name was Barack Obama.
(read more)

2008 Candidate Senator Obama Sent U.S. Secret Emissary To Iran Telling Them Not To Negotiate With George Bush Said Wait For Him To Be Elected . The Last Refuge

As Breitbart explains: […] Biden, like his boss, fails to do his homework before making outlandish statements or else chooses conveniently to overlook the facts.

Livid over the GOP letter, Biden proclaimed: “In thirty-six years in the United States Senate, I cannot recall another instance in which Senators wrote directly to advise another country.”

Directing his venom at the Senate’s Republican majority, Biden claimed the GOP letter was “expressly designed to undercut a sitting President in the midst of sensitive international negotiations…(an act) beneath the dignity of an institution I revere.”

Biden need not go back that far to find a senator who sent advice to a foreign power when similar “sensitive” negotiations were ongoing. Seven years back is far enough.

According to Pajamas Media columnist Michael Ledeen, in 2008, a Democratic senator sent a personal emissary to Tehran encouraging the mullahs not to sign an agreement with the outgoing Bush Administration as negotiations would take on a much friendlier tone following President Bush’s departure from office.

That senator was a presidential candidate at the time. His name was Barack Obama.
(read more)

2008 Candidate Senator Obama Sent U.S. Secret Emissary To Iran Telling Them Not To Negotiate With George Bush Said Wait For Him To Be Elected . The Last Refuge
Seriously? According to :

PAJAMAS MEDIA

Pajamas media eh? Where is this 2008 reporting from them....I can't find a link for the actual 2008 reporting, do you have one? there are links to Mark Levin, and a gazillion other right wing sites all doing a circle jerk and linking to each other....but nada, from 2008 when this was supposedly reported???

Be nice to know if this happened at all, and if it did happen, was it before or after he was President Elect? By finding this original reporting on it and the date of such reporting by Pajamas Media, it might give us this answer....?

(read more)

PAJAMAS MEDIA

Pajamas media eh? Where is this 2008 reporting from them....I can't find a link for the actual 2008 reporting, do you have one? there are links to Mark Levin, and a gazillion other right wing sites all doing a circle jerk and linking to each other....but nada, from 2008 when this was supposedly reported???

Be nice to know if this happened at all, and if it did happen, was it before or after he was President Elect? By finding this original reporting on it and the date of such reporting by Pajamas Media, it might give us this answer....?

When you can't challenge the content, attack the source.

Obama undermined the Bush Admin's diplomacy efforts.

(read more)

PAJAMAS MEDIA

When you can't challenge the content, attack the source.

Obama undermined the Bush Admin's diplomacy efforts.
And you believe this without proof or verification? What I am doing, tryng to find out the truth, is what any good, sound, intelligent person, should do imo.

If the Republican leadership in the Senate had some balls they'd pull a HARRY REID, make it so 51 votes pass a bill, and send them all to the Narcissist in chief to VETO, and then use TAHT against the commiecrats.... But as in the house there is SOMETHING FUNNY GOING ON!!!!

boehnerwhatelection_zpsdc469ba2.jpg

With Turtle Boy and that big cry baby around, it's always funny.

Funny? Very sad for many of us!

Considering that the right wing idolizes people like Palin and Louie Gohmert, I guess you have lots of things to be sad about. Don't worry. They can shoot off another dumb ass letter or shut the government down again, and that should cheer you up some.

Apparently you missed the few dozen reasons why many admire Putin, as compared to the pathetic Marxist we have now. We would LOVE to see the gov't shut down, can we, THIS TIME, pick and choose what's shut down, instead of the poser in the White House?
I wouldn't admire an ex kgb agent and murderer for anything in the world....

As Jesus said, even a murderer loves his mother....

in other words, even the worst of worst people have some good traits.....but no reason to admire them imho.

Probably because the President vetoes every good thing for the country.....A true obstructionist, your president.

Typical right wing delusion

Blog Report Bipartisan Senate panel probing Obama admin support for defeating Netanyahu

A powerful U.S. Senate investigatory committee has launched a bipartisan probe into an American nonprofit’s funding of efforts to oust Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after the Obama administration’s State Department gave the nonprofit taxpayer-funded grants, a source with knowledge of the panel's activities told FoxNews.com.

The fact that both Democratic and Republican sides of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations have signed off on the probe could be seen as a rebuke to President Obama, who has had a well-documented adversarial relationship with the Israeli leader.

The development comes as Netanyahu told Israel’s Channel Two television station this week that there were “governments” that wanted to help with the “Just Not Bibi” campaigning -- Bibi being the Israeli leader’s nickname. (snip)

According to the source, the probe is looking into “funding” by OneVoice Movement – a Washington-based group that has received $350,000 in recent State Department grants, and until last November was headed by a veteran diplomat from the Clinton administrations.

A subsidiary of OneVoice is the Israel-based Victory 15 campaign, itself guided by top operatives of Obama’s White House runs, which seeks to “replace the government” of Israel.

“It’s confirmed that there is a bipartisan Permanent Subcommittee inquiry into OneVoice’s funding of V15,” the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity about the American group, which bills itself as working for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Read more: Blog Report Bipartisan Senate panel probing Obama admin support for defeating Netanyahu
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Shame on Jewish Americans who vote for everything democrat. Shame on you.

If he didn't, I would be surprised. That's something a POS muslim president would do.

Nutanyahoo upset many Jews when he accepted Boehner's invitation to address the U.S. Congress. I hope he regrets that after Tuesday's elections. Last I heard - he's trailing in the polls.

Forum List

Back