If you thought sending a letter to the Iranian Mullahs was bad, this could be worse

Let this sink in for a moment, you have 47 Senators sending a letter to the Iranian Mullahs letting them know any nuclear deal Obama strikes with them with have to go through the Senate. The backlash is enormous, thus making one wonder if the letter was even worth it (it was).

Now, imagine if you have an American presidential administration possibly attempting to influence the elections of another sovereign nation. This could be the case here, as the U.S. Senate investigatory committee is investigating claims that the Obama Administration is funding efforts to unseat Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in this year's Israeli presidential elections. Whoa. Back up. They are accusing the Obama administration of doing what?

Read for yourself:

A powerful U.S. Senate investigatory committee has launched a bipartisan probe into an American nonprofit’s funding of efforts to oust Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu after the Obama administration’s State Department gave the nonprofit taxpayer-funded grants, a source with knowledge of the panel's activities told FoxNews.com.

The fact that both Democratic and Republican sides of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations have signed off on the probe could be seen as a rebuke to President Obama, who has had a well-documented adversarial relationship with the Israeli leader.

The development comes as Netanyahu told Israel’s Channel Two television station this week that there were “governments” that wanted to help with the “Just Not Bibi” campaigning -- Bibi being the Israeli leader’s nickname.

It also follows a FoxNews.com report on claims the Obama administration has been meddling in the Israeli election on behalf of groups hostile to Netanyahu. A spokesperson for Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican and chairman of the committee, declined comment, and aides to ranking Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, of Missouri, did not immediately return calls.

The Senate subcommittee, which has subpoena power, is the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs’ chief investigative body with jurisdiction over all branches of government operations and compliance with laws.

“The Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations does not comment on ongoing investigations,” Portman spokeswoman Caitlin Conant told Foxnews.com.

But a source familiar with the matter confirmed for FoxNews.com that the probe -- undisclosed until now -- was both underway and bipartisan in nature.

Source Senate panel probing possible Obama administration ties to anti-Netanyahu effort Fox News
Seems like it is the Republicans trying to influence the Israeli elections

Obama wisely stayed out of it

Ever the apologist for the Gonad...

Obama doesn't own them, he's just a former client

He's also the President, who drones on about "free and fair elections" but takes part in influencing the elections of another sovereign state.

What part did he take?

He is part of the "Obama administration" is he not?

In what capacity?

The President?

I thought you were referring to the former staffer.

If Benejamin Netanyahu's former campaign director had run an Anti-Obama campaign in the U.S. in 2012, the Progs would have had a collective stroke.

Why would we care?

I really don't understand what the issue is about this. Campaign staffers work for whoever will pay them. It's capitalism in action. Obama doesn't own them, he's just a former client

It's not surprising you don't care. Moral relativism-hypocrisy runs deep it does...yessss.

What the fuck do "morals" have to do with this?

Everything.

From the article:

"A subsidiary of OneVoice is the Israel-based Victory 15 campaign, itself guided by top operatives of Obama’s White House runs, which seeks to “replace the government” of Israel."

These aren't just staffers, these are members of Obama's White House. The views of OneVoice are very much in line with Obama's views on the conflict.

What top operatives?

Can't you just read the article?

Why would we care?

I really don't understand what the issue is about this. Campaign staffers work for whoever will pay them. It's capitalism in action. Obama doesn't own them, he's just a former client

It's not surprising you don't care. Moral relativism-hypocrisy runs deep it does...yessss.

Everything.

From the article:

"A subsidiary of OneVoice is the Israel-based Victory 15 campaign, itself guided by top operatives of Obama’s White House runs, which seeks to “replace the government” of Israel."

These aren't just staffers, these are members of Obama's White House. The views of OneVoice are very much in line with Obama's views on the conflict.

What top operatives?

Can't you just read the article?

I did! :D

He's also the President, who drones on about "free and fair elections" but takes part in influencing the elections of another sovereign state.

What part did he take?

He is part of the "Obama administration" is he not?

In what capacity?

The President?

I thought you were referring to the former staffer.

I was referring to President Obama himself at that time.

A former staffer. What's illegal about that?

If Benejamin Netanyahu's former campaign director had run an Anti-Obama campaign in the U.S. in 2012, the Progs would have had a collective stroke.

Why would we care?

Everything.

From the article:

No, that's just the normal shoddy reporting on the part of FOX. See just about any other article on this story - they're campaign operatives, none of them have ever worked in the White House.

I know one of them, actually.

At the moment all we have is info from unanmed sources and anonymous top operatives.

eqeg0vI.png

And republican inviting Netanyahu here was what? Same damn thing...

Big difference. Nobody invited the Obama Administration to influence Israel's election. Not in fact the "same damn thing." Far, far from it.
Oh so a foreign leader was INVITED to influence the elections its OK....gotcha You republicans keep showing who your real loyalty is to.

Ah, so, what makes you think the Obama administration didn't do anything to convince them to do this kind of stuff? I don't really care if you know any of these people or not. These people are tied directly to the President himself. It's kind of hard not to notice something like that.

Did the "article" implicate President Obama in any way?
If members of the Obama Administration are involved in it, then suspicion correctly falls upon him, as well.

This investigation is just getting started... let's wait for the outcome of the first few subpoenas... we'll probably know more then.

Ah, so, what makes you think the Obama administration didn't do anything to convince them to do this kind of stuff? I don't really care if you know any of these people or not. These people are tied directly to the President himself. It's kind of hard not to notice something like that.

They're no more "tied" to the President than I am "tied" to the governor of Connecticut, or any other candidate I've worked for.

Did the "article" implicate President Obama in any way?
If members of the Obama Administration are involved in it, then suspicion correctly falls upon him, as well.

This investigation is just getting started... let's wait for the outcome of the first few subpoenas... we'll probably know more then.

Nope. That is bullshit. The "article" cited in the OP explicitly states that Obama has not been implicated at all.

You nutter fucks CONTINUE to respond to inquiries.....no matter how far-fetched.....as though they are legitimate. When will you learn?

What makes you think that Obama did anything to convince them?

They're no more "tied" to the President than I am "tied" to the governor of Connecticut, or any other candidate I've worked for.

Interesting. But in so doing you do link yourself to their efforts. And therefore to them. When you agree to campaign for them, you are endorsing their campaigns, and in turn their views and are committed to doing what you can to ensure their success.

So, I maintain my contention. You wouldn't agree to work for them if you didn't feel "tied" to them in any way whatsoever.

Forum List

Back