If you use the term "crap policies"...

Yeah, I tried on a different thread to get some examples. ANY examples.

Given the amount of people losing their coverage, there must be a ZILLION examples. Because surely these folks wouldn't just be throwing that argument around without plenty of facts to back it up in a transparent attempt to divert from the fact that Obama lied to our faces about his signature legislation.

Weird, huh?

policies...???

foreign policies, domestic policies, insurance policies,...???

cr_logo_home.png

Junk health insurance
Stingy plans may be worse than none at all
Consumer Reports magazine: March 2012

It might seem to be health insurance, if you don’t look too closely, and most people don’t. The premiums are surprisingly affordable. And so millions of unemployed people, service industry workers, and those taken in by fast-talking telemarketers sign up. They may think they’re insured—until they have a medical problem and find out that their coverage is as skimpy as a hospital gown.

The Affordable Care Act was supposed to usher in a new era of consumer-friendly health care. For instance, insurers are no longer allowed to put outrageously low limits on the amount they pay out for medical care in a year or lifetime.

While millions of Americans have benefited from that and other reforms, many are still prey to the kind of skimpy “junk” plans the new law was designed to eliminate. Some plans, known as mini-meds, are operated by employers and brand-name insurance companies with special dispensation from the federal government. Others, such as health discount cards and fixed benefit indemnity plans, from companies you’ve probably never heard of, are so meager that regulators don’t consider them to be health insurance at all—though that’s frequently not clear to consumers. And some of the companies operate one step ahead of the law.

Cheap Health Insurance - Consumer Reports

Yeah, I tried on a different thread to get some examples. ANY examples.

Given the amount of people losing their coverage, there must be a ZILLION examples. Because surely these folks wouldn't just be throwing that argument around without plenty of facts to back it up in a transparent attempt to divert from the fact that Obama lied to our faces about his signature legislation.

Weird, huh?

Its a talking point that the dems came up with to try to counter obama being caught in multiple lies. Its not working, americans are fed up with his lies and incompetence.

cr_logo_home.png

Junk health insurance

It might seem to be health insurance, if you don’t look too closely, and most people don’t. The premiums are surprisingly affordable. And so millions of unemployed people, service industry workers, and those taken in by fast-talking telemarketers sign up. They may think they’re insured—until they have a medical problem and find out that their coverage is as skimpy as a hospital gown.

The Affordable Care Act was supposed to usher in a new era of consumer-friendly health care. For instance, insurers are no longer allowed to put outrageously low limits on the amount they pay out for medical care in a year or lifetime.

While millions of Americans have benefited from that and other reforms, many are still prey to the kind of skimpy “junk” plans the new law was designed to eliminate. Some plans, known as mini-meds, are operated by employers and brand-name insurance companies with special dispensation from the federal government. Others, such as health discount cards and fixed benefit indemnity plans, from companies you’ve probably never heard of, are so meager that regulators don’t consider them to be health insurance at all—though that’s frequently not clear to consumers. And some of the companies operate one step ahead of the law.

So where's the proof that ALL policies currently being cancelled due to Obamacare are "junk policies"?

Never mind. We both know there is no such proof.

cr_logo_home.png

Junk health insurance

So where's the proof that ALL policies currently being cancelled due to Obamacare are "junk policies"?

Never mind. We both know there is no such proof.
Only "proof" is because the O said so a couple days ago in Boston...

cr_logo_home.png

Junk health insurance

Well, at least someone tried to respond, and I appreciate that.

Definitely, those shitty "mini med" plans are lousy and probably don't even qualify as health insurance. We've probably all received emails and even faxes for these lousy "plans" that are essentially not much more than extremely limited discount plans with extremely limited, if any, networks.

But that's not what is happening a lion's share of the time.

Perfectly normal PPO plans, with traditional co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance, are being dropped by the hundreds of thousands, if not more. For example, the 70/30 PPO plan I had for myself and my family, $3,500 deductible, $35 office visit co-pays, drug co-pays, etc., was dropped by Humana. My premium will be going from $570 to the low $800's with a higher deductible, I think it's $6,000.

I was perfectly happy with my very effective (non-"junk") plan. Obama said I could keep it. Obama also said I would save $2,500 per year. Wrong.

He knew better. HHS told him. He lied.

Last edited:
...you prove that you're unable to think for yourself.

you expect leftards to think for themselves? LOL

they are just parroting the newest talking points lies.

if they would be really soooooo concerned about policies - why would the tax the standard PPO employer-based one by 40% starting from 2018?

but do not expect our leftards to have any logical thinking.
because they do not think.

and they expect that we don't know that their lies about "better policies" which means mandatory OB coverage for those who don't need them are not just a spreading the cost for those whom they expect to cover - the illegals with anchor babies

if they would be really soooooo concerned about policies - why would the tax the standard PPO employer-based one by 40% starting from 2018?

and they expect that we don't know that their lies about "better policies" which means mandatory OB coverage for those who don't need them are not just a spreading the cost for those whom they expect to cover - the illegals with anchor babies
The preferred term is "undocumented Democrat voters".

There are some crap policies out there. However, many existing policies are good sound policies that give the protection needed when it comes to one's healthcare needs. While the plans on the healthcare exchange cover all preventative care, the overall cost is not cheap regardless of which type of plan you choose. You can find some decent deals on Bronze plans if you are healthy and do not expect to spend much out of pocket every year. The drawback is that if you do become sick and end up with lots of medical bills in a given year, then you are going to spend $10,000 or so that year.

The bottom line is that health care is not cheap, with or without the ACA.

LOL...here is what 'thinking' folks like daveman, Mac1958, Vox and T look like...

bD437.jpg

LOL...here is what 'thinking' folks like daveman, Mac1958, Vox and T look like...

bD437.jpg

That's certainly a delightful personal insult/straw man argument and all, I can see that's important to you, but I notice you didn't try to debate my points.

Not that I was expecting an intellectually honest response.

you, idiot Bfgrn, your beloved obama sold you out to all those big corporations with this crap called obamacare - as they are the only ones benefiting the mandatory burglary of the middle class.

and put the government agencies to guard that nobody escapes the burglary by big pockets.

yet you are too retarded to realize that this is a fascist type of enterprise and it is the exact opposite of wht you, brainless leftards, are being brainwashed with by your masters :lol:

cr_logo_home.png

Junk health insurance

Well, at least someone tried to respond, and I appreciate that.

Definitely, those shitty "mini med" plans are lousy and probably don't even qualify as health insurance. We've probably all received emails and even faxes for these lousy "plans" that are essentially not much more than extremely limited discount plans with extremely limited, if any, networks.

But that's not what is happening a lion's share of the time.

Perfectly normal PPO plans, with traditional co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance, are being dropped by the hundreds of thousands, if not more. For example, the 70/30 PPO plan I had for myself and my family, $3,500 deductible, $35 office visit co-pays, drug co-pays, etc., was dropped by Humana. My premium will be going from $570 to the low $800's with a higher deductible, I think it's $6,000.

I was perfectly happy with my very effective (non-"junk") plan. Obama said I could keep it. Obama also said I would save $2,500 per year. Wrong.

He knew better. HHS told him. He lied.

Here is some news for you mac, insurance cartels have been cancelling insurance policies, and dropping insurers well before the ACA. To lay all the blame on Obama is ignorant. The REAL problem with our health care is not the government, it is the insurance cartels who are controlled by Wall Street investors who severely punish any insurance company that pays out too much money in treatments.

Do yourself a favor...educate yourself.

Wendell Potter on Profits Before Patients

Who is Wendell Potter?

capitol.jpg

Following a 20-year career as a corporate public relations executive, Wendell left his position as head of communications for CIGNA, one of the nation’s largest health insurers, to help socially responsible organizations — including those advocating for meaningful health care reform — achieve their goals.

In widely covered testimony before the Senate Commerce, Science and Technology Committee in June of 2009, Wendell disclosed how insurance companies, as part of their efforts to boost profits, have engaged in practices that have resulted in millions of Americans being forced into the ranks of the uninsured. Wendell also described how the insurance industry has developed and implemented strategic communications plans, based on deceptive public relations, advertising and lobbying efforts, to defeat reform initiatives.

Since then Wendell has testified before two House committees, briefed several members of Congress and their staffs, appeared with members of Congress at several press conferences, spoken at more than 100 public forums, and has been the subject of numerous articles in the U.S. and foreign media.

About Wendell Potter

Obama lies and his followers defend him.Now Obama justifies the lie by saying in not so many words
that people will be forced to pay more for some coverage they don't need and they should be thankful?

And republicans are the ones who are getting blamed for all this is the topping on the cake.

Crap policy...squawwwwwkkkk, crap policy...........squawwwwwwwwwwk, Proggy want a cracker.....squawwwwwwk crap policy

Forum List

Back