If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor

I wouldn't mind that. Sell all my possessions, donate the proceeds to the poor, hook up the camper to the Jeep - and hit the road.

That's pretty much where I see my life headed any way, and it doesn't bother me a bit. My kids are all on a solid road to success. Nothing could make me happier, nor wealthier.

I could totally deal with it. I could live in a tent for that matter. I love the woods. Love camping. I don't mind camping in freezing weather either. I'd have to convince my other half. Doubtful that is happening.

LOL funny you should say that. When we moved to the city some years ago, we narrowed our housing choices to two properties. One of which backed a wooded ravine and creek. The other, in a fairly crowded neighborhood.

Daughter and I favored the latter. Mrs. H., anti-social nature-girl, loved the home with the back-door nature.

So I made her a deal. I said "once the daughter is out of college, we'll move to a Reservation and live in a teepee".

She may hold me to that. And that's fine with me. :thup:

Sounds wonderful to me, Mr. H. Tipi's have big firepits smack dab in the middle, so you would stay warm in winter..depending on where you wind up. Good thing we have an "in" to a rez, too. Hubby's family would probably let us bunk there. They can get pretty persnickety with folks not affiliated. Problem is..it's in Camp Verde Arizona and that is too much desert for me. Sedona would be nice, but I don't think I would like it there. Too hot. Which is why I want a van, his truck, and a tent. We can circle the wagon and have two bedrooms and a common room (the tent). Tipi's are super expensive...and I am in the same proverbial poor boat you might be in, lol. I just hate having to get rid of my car..but I can't drive two at the same time.

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor

I think you are all not getting the lesson here.

The rich young ruler was trusting in his riches instead of God.

That was the lesson.

Matthew 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

The question is: Who or what controls who?

Forum List

Back