If you were mid-flight @ 25K feet...and someone pulled out a "clock" like Ahmeds...would you worry?

What do you do when you see this??

• Notify a flight attendant; It looks suspicious.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Confront him. He's not blowing this plane up.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Nothing. It's obviously him just checking the time on his clock.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Nothing. I'd rather go down in a fiery crash than to profile someone.

• *I'd have to check the person's race and ethnicity to see if it's OK to question their actions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Let's say you are on a flight from LA to NYC. Halfway there at 25,000 feet....you see a male passenger, possibly foreign, pull out a metallic box...open it...and it looks like what Ahmeds "clock" in Texas looked like. Somehow TSA missed it. Or maybe not. You aren't sure. Everyone else is asleep. Only you see it.

What do you do?

Well, since we must be PC, the first thing I would do is look at the color of his skin, because that's what's important.

Next, I would look at his face in general, because I must determine if he is a member of a PC-protected group.

Then, if I had any reason to believe he was of middle eastern heritage and MAY be a Muslim, I would sit down and order a Pepsi™.

Because, as we know, we are not allowed to be micro-aggressive and hurt their feelings by saying something when we see something.

Oh, and if I were wrong and the plane blew up, well, America deserves it because we were founded on racist principles, our Constitution was written by rich white slave owners, and because we stole our country from the Indians and Mexico.

Last edited:
Well, since we must be PC, the first thing I would do is look at the color of his skin, because that's what's important.

Next, I would look at his face in general, because I must determine if he is a member of a PC-protected group.

Then, if I had any reason to believe he was of middle eastern heritage and MAY be a Muslim, I would sit down and order a Pepsi™.

We are not allowed to hurt their feelings by saying something when we see something.

Wow that's insightful. I didn't add that as an option and I should have. Analyze the person's race first to determine if it's ok or not to question their actions. Hmmm. Thanks...I forgot to consider that.

We are not allowed to hurt their feelings by saying something when we see something.

Wow that's insightful. I didn't add that as an option and I should have. Analyze the person's race first to determine if it's ok or not to question their actions. Hmmm. Thanks...I forgot to consider that.
We may want to actually ask that individual if he would be offended if we were to bring it up.

We may want to actually ask that individual if he would be offended if we were to bring it up.

I'd blame the airline. They should have a social sensitivity advisor on the plane to field concerns. So you approach that person...and they tell you if you're being a bigot or not. If not...then proceed to the attendants.

I'd blame the airline. They should have a social sensitivity advisor on the plane to field concerns. So you approach that person...and they tell you if you're being a bigot or not. If not...then proceed to the attendants.
Yeah, good idea. I'm sure they'll have a chart or something to help them determine if you're being micro-aggressive.

If this kid was a white Baptist, I guarantee, many folks would be all pissed of about any over-reactions by authorities.
It's always the same people/ideology who are demonizing Muslims/Hispanics/Blacks.
This isn't about being PC, it's about being a bigot.

Maybe he is a white baptist. I just said he's possibly foereign. He can be a white baptist and still be foreign.

Yeah, good idea. I'm sure they'll have a chart or something to help them determine if you're being micro-aggressive.

We need a cultural sensitivity flow chart.

First filter: Is this person a straight white conservative male? If yes...proceed to step 2. If no....stop here...you are a racist.

Let's say you are on a flight from LA to NYC. Halfway there at 25,000 feet....you see a male passenger, possibly foreign, pull out a metallic box...open it...and it looks like what Ahmeds "clock" in Texas looked like. Somehow TSA missed it. Or maybe not. You aren't sure. Everyone else is asleep. Only you see it.

What do you do?
You would be here the next day defending him being gunned down by the air marshall even with the camera footage of him smiling and not trying to hide anything.

What do you do?
You would be here the next day defending him being gunned down by the air marshall even with the camera footage of him smiling and not trying to hide anything.

So which one would you do??

What do you do?

Amazing do you ever leave your trailer? So may scary things lurk outside!!!

In your case you would act like a gomer and yell citizens arrest citizens arrest

While I don't expect every lib to vote on this....because maybe they'd do something in didn't list....i do expect them to say what they would do in that situation. I know they wont. But we'll see....

What do you do?

Amazing do you ever leave your trailer? So may scary things lurk outside!!!

In your case you would act like a gomer and yell citizens arrest citizens arrest

Yep I sure would.

What would YOU do?

Oh...and your clown is sideways. Straighten him up.

Why isn't there an option to not allow them to on the plane in the first place? Flying is a privileged for those without suspicious sounds names.

Fellow sane people....notice the libs aren't answering the question?? I'd assume they'd say "It's obviously him just checking the time". But they arent...because they know what that thing looked like.

So they're attacking me and making jokes. As usual.

Why isn't there an option to not allow them to on the plane in the first place? Flying is a privileged for those without suspicious sounds names.

Why wouldn't he be allowed on the plane??? It's just a clock right?

You don't get that option because you're a passenger...not the TSA.

Forum List

Back