If your God or Godss came to you, in a Dream

The story itself made me wonder: who really has enough faith in their God that they would carry that out, as Abraham did.

Shouldn't One be questioning Their own sanity first?

I'm looking at Two Primary Directives here.

1) Love God with All the Strength of Your Being.

2) Love All of Humanity, All of Creation.

So putting God in Proper Perspective, God First in All things, (Input), We, through "Clarity Of Purpose", (Output), starting with baby steps, effect the World around us. Sacrificing Our Young does not exactly compute. All I'm suggesting is that you question your input.

We're talking about World History as according to the Bible -

If you believe your #1 above, then you disbelieve the story of Abraham?

How did Abraham know that he was sane or not? According to God, he made the right choice.

What I Question is the accuracy of the Scribe or Teller, and where His Loyalty lied. Throughout History, Those who give account, are limited by Their Own Perspective. What you have, in the Story of Abraham, was a an Account, for what ever reason, constructed to give an account, without question, placing Abraham in the best Light. Abraham was a Great Man, a Prophet, a Friend of God. He was not Perfect in Understanding or Faith, being Human. There are many issues with Him regarding Perfect Faith, or the Lack of it. Saria is one. Why deny her being his wife, to both Pharaoh, and King Abimelech, claiming her as his sister, out of fear? Two Strikes there.

Shouldn't One be questioning Their own sanity first?

I'm looking at Two Primary Directives here.

1) Love God with All the Strength of Your Being.

2) Love All of Humanity, All of Creation.

So putting God in Proper Perspective, God First in All things, (Input), We, through "Clarity Of Purpose", (Output), starting with baby steps, effect the World around us. Sacrificing Our Young does not exactly compute. All I'm suggesting is that you question your input.

We're talking about World History as according to the Bible -

If you believe your #1 above, then you disbelieve the story of Abraham?

How did Abraham know that he was sane or not? According to God, he made the right choice.

What I Question is the accuracy of the Scribe or Teller, and where His Loyalty lied. Throughout History, Those who give account, are limited by Their Own Perspective. What you have, in the Story of Abraham, was a an Account, for what ever reason, constructed to give an account, without question, placing Abraham in the best Light. Abraham was a Great Man, a Prophet, a Friend of God. He was not Perfect in Understanding or Faith, being Human. There are many issues with Him regarding Perfect Faith, or the Lack of it. Saria is one. Why deny her being his wife, to both Pharaoh, and King Abimelech, claiming her as his sister, out of fear? Two Strikes there.

I would say that if the Bible is fallable than it's fallable - and that opens a mighty big can of worms, necessarily, for a believer.

That was the very story that made me question religion as a six year old girl seated next to may mother in church.

The story itself made me wonder: who really has enough faith in their God that they would carry that out, as Abraham did.

At that momment as a six year old in the early sixties I realized that a god that would torture a man and his child that way was NOT the God I have been taught about until that momment.

At Six the light came streaming in and I realised these people want to control me NOT make me a better person.

True Religion makes you a better person. One aspect of it is to Not blame God for what WE Impose on Each Other. Start with Conscience. To Err is Human. To Forgive Divine. Just a thought.

Some of the recent ones have been disturbing and I hate dealing with the residual feelings. Thankfully most have been forgotten by mid-morning. I was talking earlier with a co-worker who recommended keeping a pen and pad of paper next to my bed so if I wake during the night, I can jot down what I was dreaming about. That's all fine and dandy, but I tend to fall right back to sleep. I can't imagine sitting up, turning on the light and writing.

I would suggest doing what the coworker recommended.

The more your brain becomes familiar with what you're consistently dreaming, the greater
YOUR ability to realize you're dreaming, within the dream - and not only that but taking over control.

From there - answers come to you. Dilemmas you may have in your waking life seem easier to resolve.

Many great thinkers and artists' ideas throughout history were achieved through Lucid dreaming. :razz:

I believe our Angels send messages through our dreams and that something we might think coincendental is actually a message. Take dreams for instance. A friend was talking last week about her dreams, I've been having my own and then I log in here and come across a thread about a message from God through a dream. Call me crazy, but I think I might put that pen and paper on my bedside table.

I believe Dreams are Very Important in Our Lives.

And asked you to kill, would you do it?

In my dream I might. Dont have much control there. In real life, it might take more convincing because I know God and He invites people to live and promotes life. It's a rare circumstance that taking a life is permitted.

And asked you to kill, would you do it?

In my dream I might. Dont have much control there. In real life, it might take more convincing because I know God and He invites people to live and promotes life. It's a rare circumstance that taking a life is permitted.

So you would not recreate the Abraham/Isaac story, with you as Abraham? Interesting.

Is Abraham delusional?

If a frog had longer hind legs, he wouldn;t bump his ass everytime he landed.

:cuckoo:

Gen 22:1-14 KJV And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. [v. 2] And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

[v. 3] And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. [v. 4] Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

[v. 5] And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. [v. 6] And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

[v. 7] And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? [v. 8] And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

[v. 9] And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. [v. 10] And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

:lol: @ uncensored still thinking I read any of his spiddle.

Douger, wassup bruv? This isn't meant to be a political thread, sir.

USMessageBoard.com is the premiere United States Political Forum with many areas of discussions including Current Events, Politics, US Affairs, Congress, ...:eusa_shhh::lol::lol::lol:

USMessageBoard.com is the premiere United States Political Forum with many areas of discussions including Current Events, Politics, US Affairs, Congress, ...:eusa_shhh::lol::lol::lol:

It's got a "Politics" sub forum, and a "Religion and Ethics" sub-forum. You're in one of them.

Gen 22:1-14 KJV And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. [v. 2] And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

[v. 3] And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. [v. 4] Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

[v. 5] And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you. [v. 6] And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

[v. 7] And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? [v. 8] And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

[v. 9] And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. [v. 10] And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

If or when I get to the same plane of awareness of God's will as Abraham, I'll answer your question

If or when I get to the same plane of awareness of God's will as Abraham, I'll answer your question

Ok.

Forum List

Back