I'm craving......

I'm craving sourdough toast and lots and lots of butter. And I've eaten about 6 pieces so far today. In addition to eating a really good A&W burger, which I was also craving.

I'm really full. But I still want more sourdough toast with butter.

I need to distract myself.

I'm craving sourdough toast and lots and lots of butter. And I've eaten about 6 pieces so far today. In addition to eating a really good A&W burger, which I was also craving.

I like the fried cheese curds. I believe that's A&W, right?

I like the fried cheese curds. I believe that's A&W, right?
Yes! mmmmmm

Only Americans would think to deep-fry cheese. God bless America.

It's been a couple of weeks so I'm ready for another ribeye and Betty salad. Recipe for the salad follows, it's regional:

For the bottom layer:

2 cups mixed greens (head lettuce, romaine, etc.)
1/2 cup bean sprouts, drained
1 hard-cooked egg, diced
1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon

For the top layer:

1 cup mixed greens
1/2 cup spinach
1 hard-cooked egg, diced
1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup Betty's Salad Dressing

Arrange bottom layer. Top with next layer of mixed greens, spinach, diced egg, crumbled bacon, and bean sprouts. Serve with dressing on side or sprinkle dressing on top. Serve with hot rolls and butter.

Yield: 1 large serving

picxJx4au.jpg

This was created at a restaurant in Toledo, Betty Timko's. The salad dressing is amazing,

OMG Sarah G that looks so GOOD!
It really is scrumptious. I forgot to put the recipe for the dressing in:

Salad Dressing
1 cup salad oil
3/4 cup sugar
Salt to taste, or 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup catsup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 small to medium sized onion
Mix dressing in blender and pour over salad.
Keep all ingredients refrigerated.

It really is scrumptious.

I know, normally lettuce isn't that good, but the salad looks good. I always get a lecture about it being mostly water with no nutritional value, but whenever I buy spinach at costco it goes bad before I use it all.
I don't know if anyone else does this but I get a head of lettuce or any kind of fresh greens, wash it, dry it well then put it in a plastic container layering lettuce leaves with a small sheet of a paper towel. It keeps it real dry and crispy for about a week for me.

Have you heard of that?

I know, normally lettuce isn't that good, but the salad looks good. I always get a lecture about it being mostly water with no nutritional value, but whenever I buy spinach at costco it goes bad before I use it all.
I don't know if anyone else does this but I get a head of lettuce or any kind of fresh greens, wash it, dry it well then put it in a plastic container layering lettuce leaves with a small sheet of a paper towel. It keeps it real dry and crispy for about a week for me.

Have you heard of that?

My mom does that.It works with lettuce but not spinach as well. I buy the spinach for salads but also because I intend to make green smoothies, but lately I've just gone off track and it goes bad and gets thrown out.

I'm trying to get back on track, I know you and chrisl workout and I have started to do that again but not good enough on my eating habits.

Shoot I look forward to eating samples at costco makes my day :lol:

Depends on the lettuce. Darker greens have more nutrients in them. I like spring greens.

And even iceberg lettuce has its value, by filling your stomach and keeping you from overeating things that will make you fat.

I'm craving...cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits, topped with Vermont cheddar cheese.

There is no better snack in the known universe.

I'm craving...cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits, topped with Vermont cheddar cheese.

I beg to differ........

lays-classic.png

Betcha can't eat just one...... No, I usually stay away because I can't eat just one........ family sized bag.......

I beg to differ........

lays-classic.png

Betcha can't eat just one...... No, I usually stay away because I can't eat just one........ family sized bag.......

Tomato paste is an excellent additive.

Thanks, I think of that every time I want potato chips and put them back on the store shelf......... :puke3:

Forum List

Back