I’m So Old I Remember When Attacking the Press Was Anti-American

Why is it you [people think criticizing the press or any media outlet is un-American?

People here actually have the right to do that and despite your blind faith in the press or the media, both are biased beyond belief
Criticizing is not the same as attacking by calling the press an enemy of the people.

Sure it is.

When any media outlet pushes an agenda at the bidding of their corporate masters they are an enemy of the people

Your fucking Emperor goes around calling the media the enemy of the people and you are upset about this?
he never said that, but hey, nice job puppet.
Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Trump ramps up rhetoric on media, calls press 'the enemy of the people'

So according to your link you want to make America a shit hole?
Who knows what you read in there for your deformed mind to reach that conclusion? :dunno:

Why is it you [people think criticizing the press or any media outlet is un-American?

People here actually have the right to do that and despite your blind faith in the press or the media, both are biased beyond belief
Criticizing is not the same as attacking by calling the press an enemy of the people.
Except that wasn’t what was said!so you are promoting a lie!
I quoted Blues Man. It's in my post.

Sure it is.

When any media outlet pushes an agenda at the bidding of their corporate masters they are an enemy of the people
Privately owned media have promoted their own agendas since before America was America. Have you ever heard of Paine or Franklin?

Sure it is.

Privately owned media have promoted their own agendas since before America was America. Have you ever heard of Paine or Franklin?

And your point is what?

That privately owned media that has as their top priority as pleasing their masters are beyond reproach simply because they are "the press"?

And who was funding Ben Franklin? What corporate conglomerate was telling him what to print?

Sure it is.

it's a government press at that point and no different than China.

It isn’t what he said though, so more fake news. You should learn to read

I'm honestly curious, what is it you think Trump said? His tweets in which he uses the phrase "enemy of the people" in regards to various news outlets aren't exactly hidden.
he said fake news is the enemy of the people. why can't you people ever get what he says correct? why do you double down on fake?

Sure it is.

It doesn't have to be.

There is no reason to think the press or the media in general are trustworthy.

I can’t keep up with the constant flip flopping.

View attachment 261007
Twitter
Me too. The days of Walter Cronkite and Huntley-Brinkley are long gone. I think it died when Ted Turner created CNN and make providing the news a for profit enterprise instead of a public service as it once was. The news broadcast was once a single hour early evening broadcast because they all lost money doing it but it helped fulfill the public service clause in the FCC broadcast license the networks had to have to be on the air.

He was cautious. Abhorring a tyrannical monarchy is why Jefferson favored checks and balances between the triumvirate form we had in America until Trump scammed the populace.

Sure it is.

It doesn't have to be.

There is no reason to think the press or the media in general are trustworthy.
well the media is owned by the dems. everyone knows that.

The idea of an unbiased press is silly. Newspapers have endorsed particular candidates since the printing press has existed. Maybe the "fake news" crowd should crack open a history book.

Forum List

Back