I’m So Old I Remember When Attacking the Press Was Anti-American

I'm honestly curious, what is it you think Trump said? His tweets in which he uses the phrase "enemy of the people" in regards to various news outlets aren't exactly hidden.
he said fake news is the enemy of the people. why can't you people ever get what he says correct? why do you double down on fake?

occupied quoted this and provided a link back in post #12: Donald J. Trump on Twitter

That seems to be the president calling the press the enemy of the people.

Also, Trump has called the fake news media the enemy of the people, and listed networks like ABC, CNN, NCB, etc.
that said the press. the News Media is much larer and he said fake media.

In that tweet, he didn't say fake news media. He just said the press.

You're right that he said press rather than news media, though.

I'm not looking for links. It has been in the news numerous times. Fox News criticized him for calling the media the enemy of the people.

So...
so you didn't prove he said it. just because hear say is all you got, isn't evidence of shit. But if you need that, here.
giphy.gif

I don't know why I'm humoring somebody who doesn't know how to Google.

dude,

none of those is evidence to what was posted. fake news is enemy of the people, PERIOD. You failed.
giphy.gif

To Trump "fake news" is the media. Even Fox had to call him out on it.

fake news is his theme. faked news is the enemy of the people.

so you didn't prove he said it. just because hear say is all you got, isn't evidence of shit. But if you need that, here.
giphy.gif

I don't know why I'm humoring somebody who doesn't know how to Google.

dude,

none of those is evidence to what was posted. fake news is enemy of the people, PERIOD. You failed.
giphy.gif

To Trump "fake news" is the media. Even Fox had to call him out on it.

fake news is his theme. faked news is the enemy of the people.

Which is his other fuck up -- they're not fake news. He's brainwashing you yokels to b'lieve they are because they report unflattering things about him and he desperately wants to to b'lieve they're not true.

The media has a known agenda, ever sense watergate, views itself as the king maker, self righteous bias judge of what is fit for consumption by the masses. The days of honest fact based reporting exited the building long ago, currently replaced by politically motivated and driven misrepresentation and omission of fact.

The media has always been bias, always. From the owners of the printing presses, to newspapers, broadcast radio, Broadcast TV, Cable TV and now Internet News and TV. All bias. All.

The media has a known agenda, ever sense watergate, views itself as the king maker, self righteous bias judge of what is fit for consumption by the masses. The days of honest fact based reporting exited the building long ago, currently replaced by politically motivated and driven misrepresentation and omission of fact.

The media has always been bias, always. From the owners of the printing presses, to newspapers, broadcast radio, Broadcast TV, Cable TV and now Internet News and TV. All bias. All.
Media leading up to the American Revolution and creation of the USA was biased. Founders knew an agenda driven media would give all sides of the story. Guess why they made the First Amendment.

It isn’t what he said though, so more fake news. You should learn to read

I'm honestly curious, what is it you think Trump said? His tweets in which he uses the phrase "enemy of the people" in regards to various news outlets aren't exactly hidden.
he said fake news is the enemy of the people. why can't you people ever get what he says correct? why do you double down on fake?

occupied quoted this and provided a link back in post #12: Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Also, Trump has called the fake news media the enemy of the people, and listed networks like ABC, CNN, NCB, etc.

Trump said it so many times both verbally and in tweets, he probably said it both ways many times over. This is a tomato/tomahto argument and you are both right.

Trump said it so many times both verbally and in tweets, he probably said it both ways many times over. This is a tomato/tomahto argument and you are both right.
And fake news is the enemy of the country

I can’t keep up with the constant flip flopping.

View attachment 261007
Twitter
/—-/ I’m so old, I remember when the evening news was trustworthy and Walter Cronkite and Huntley & Brinkley kept their opinions to themselves.
today we get total opinion with no news. Russia russia russia, you'd think we lived in russia they talk about them all the time. fact is, as I write this post, the DNC server hasn't been inspected by a government agency, and no mention of that in our news rooms. not a fking word.

Thinking about it, it's protectionism. silent to allow the evil to exist.

Last edited:
I'll translate real quick from when I was a boy.
Ya ready ?
First line:
Watching taco munching motherfuckers
Flips bird
Cross that river
I have 3 knives to cut your ballz off.
You sit on ass and scream.
When blood stop you fly back across river
I go golf some holes
Wife does roast in iron skillet
I roll ciggy of Injuns dizzy hemp growed in clay pot.
Go kick bird and steal eggs for breakfast.
You yell from other side of river.
I invent rifle soon.

You can't read that ?
Fucking kids

Last edited:

And fake news is the enemy of the country
So are people who call facts 'fake news' the enemy of the country, the Constitution, and the American Way!

Your fucking Emperor goes around calling the media the enemy of the people and you are upset about this?
well "freedom of speech" and all that right? I mean you just read a post that is anti- FOX and have no problem with it...trump is right about the media...there was a time when you would have been taken to task for criticizing the media, that's not a free country...there was a time when everyone knew and understood that the despots in government were the ones coming for your guns and the despots media would provide cover for him/her, now half the country would cheer on any despot no matter how cruel if he were to destroy the NRA and second amendment.
Frank, I guess none of us are old enough to remember the so-called 'yellow journalism' rampant around the turn of the 20th century, around the time of the Spanish-American war in Cuba. It is said William Randolph Hearst got very very rich off 'creating' news and being his own source. I think it is harder to do today because of the accessibility of other sources and technology, but human nature doesn't change much and I think we are as hungry for Adrenalin-pumping outrage over the acts of people we dislike as we ever were. So our fathers got wise to the scam back then, and we will again..but for now we are simply older but not wiser.
That's a good post bullwinkle

Forum List

Back