I’m So Old I Remember When Walls Didn’t Work

This is where I insert some pithy comment mocking the left, but they do a much better job mocking themselves.

Their plywood wall is mockery enough, and a testament to their ignorance, and disingenuous nature. Waiting for the resident libtards to scoff at this cities efforts with some retarded comment about "but ladders"!

Last I checked plywood is a rather nice combustible. S’mores anyone?

This is where I insert some pithy comment mocking the left, but they do a much better job mocking themselves.

Hate to possibly rain on your parade but that looks suspiciously like a construction barrier....... As required by OSHIT...., uummmmm OSHA.......
Not saying that's what it is just saying what it looks like...... :dunno:

It’s to protect the important people who want to live in a castle away from the little people.

Hate to possibly rain on your parade but that looks suspiciously like a construction barrier....... As required by OSHIT...., uummmmm OSHA.......

It was installed to prevent graffiti on the city hall. No one cares how much graffiti goes on plywood barriers.

It’s to protect the important people who want to live in a castle away from the little people.

Ah, didn't see that in the first link.

Yes, Trump does it all the time.

I Googled Portland City Hall and clicked on news. The "vandalism" they are protecting against is graffiti.

I Googled Portland City Hall and clicked on news. The "vandalism" they are protecting against is graffiti.

So the wall works?

That means that every construction site on a busy Public Area is really a Wall, right? You Party of the Rumpsters grab at anything to cover up for your Leaders screwing the pooch so bad. That means that the same type of wall around part of our Local VA is also a wall to prevent Veterans from attacking? Or is it so that you won't wander into a hazardous area. Let's go with the conspiracy first, it's so much more fun.

Like Bunker Boy's new fencing ?

That means that every construction site on a busy Public Area is really a Wall, right? You Party of the Rumpsters grab at anything to cover up for your Leaders screwing the pooch so bad. That means that the same type of wall around part of our Local VA is also a wall to prevent Veterans from attacking? Or is it so that you won't wander into a hazardous area. Let's go with the conspiracy first, it's so much more fun.

Yes. A wall to keep people out.
Walls for me but not for thee!

Like Bunker Boy's new fencing ?

I’m sorry, did I miss Trump saying walls don’t work?

It was installed to prevent graffiti on the city hall. No one cares how much graffiti goes on plywood barriers.

Imagine that. A wall keeping people from reaching an area.

Have you not read the famous poem?
It is a beautiful poem, a meditation that surrounds a dialogue.
It is of course NOT about a wall between nations.
Here is a short study guide:

Robert Frost’s “Mending Wall” is a meditation told from the perspective of a landowner who joins his neighbor in repairing the stone wall that divides their properties. As the speaker notes in the opening line, “Something there is that doesn’t love a wall.” He notes the different forces at work against the wall, including the “frozen-ground-swell” that surges upward, scattering the stones from below, as well as hunters who strip away the stones to draw rabbits out of hiding.

As a result, every spring brings “mending-time,” and so the speaker calls on his neighbor and they meet to mend the wall. They walk along the wall, each man on his own side, fixing the broken spots as they go. They raise the fallen stones, some like bread loves and others like spheres that wobble and threaten to fall.

The speaker then makes an observation: his neighbor’s lot contains only pine trees; his own, only apple orchards. The wall is thus unnecessary, for there are no animals to contain or keep out. When the speaker mentions this fact, his neighbor simply replies, “Good fences make good neighbors.”

Filled with the mischief of springtime, the speaker persists. Noting again the wall’s uselessness, the speaker says, “Before I built a wall I’d ask to know / What I was walling in or walling out.” When the speaker repeats the dictum of the opening line, “Something there is that doesn’t love a wall,” it seems that the speaker himself is an agent of that “something.”

The neighbor raises a stone in both hands, “like an old stone-savage armed”; to the speaker’s eye, “he moves in darkness.”...

Forum List

Back