I'm trying to collect information about the federal income tax which began with the "great" Lincoln...

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021

I used to think Lincoln was a great man and in some ways, i am sure he was... but he started the fed income tax to pay for the civil war, which war should NOT have been... but it was so...

anyway... I found it difficult to find a source I could trust on this topic on the internet but that's just bc I don't trust anyone...

So anyone who knows a fair amount on this topic, please help those of us who aren't so well informed

1653427978858.jpeg

FACT

AMENDMENT XVI - Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 9, of the Constitution was modified by amendment 16.
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

FACT

AMENDMENT XVI - Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.
Making the case for repeal. We need a constitutional convention.

The federal government is not trust worthy enough to handle that kind of revenue.

A Government of the people, by the people and for the people shall not perish from this earth……..Abe Lincoln

of those people did perish

but I guess they were the unimportant ones...

typical human nature, i reckon....

now it's 63 million who have perished bc this great nation so called thought babies in the womb were unimportant... they don't have $$ after all... or power... or prestige...

+

I used to think Lincoln was a great man and in some ways, i am sure he was... but he started the fed income tax to pay for the civil war, which war should NOT have been... but it was so...

anyway... I found it difficult to find a source I could trust on this topic on the internet but that's just bc I don't trust anyone...

So anyone who knows a fair amount on this topic, please help those of us who aren't so well informed
The first time one was suggested goes all
the way back to the War of 1812

How do you propose we raise revenue?

did u say that when "Best President Ever" was in office?

i tend to think not

So what the hell do you know about what a good country (much less a best country) looks like?

Please

I was not alive when either Lincoln or FDR were President

The first time one was suggested goes all
the way back to the War of 1812
it needs to be repealed

those ***&&^%$#$ in DC have WAY too much $$$ to begin w/

the sickos act like drunken sailors with the hardearned taxpayer $$

Ever hear about all the bizarre stuff they spend money on?

I seem to recall such things as

mating habits of the fruitfly

etc

Forum List

Back