I'm white--been pulled over by cops for nothing illegal

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
....so the cops pull over white people too ..I did not resist or drive away

You left unharmed, went home alive.

That is what you get for not fighting the police over simple matters.

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
Wow man, that’s a great story. Sounds like you totally know what it’s like being black because of that experience. Way to go!
..I grew up in a black hood....I've told the story before....

I'm a white woman who was pulled over by cops several times, but in all but one case it was to help me. The one time it wasn't was when I was in college. I had stayed over at my boyfriend's off-campus apartment and was waiting for the bus the next day when a cop asked me questions like where and why I slept last night. I asked him why he wanted to know and he told me it was because a girl completely answering my description had been reported as missing. I told him and he went away. Years later I asked a friend's lawyer husband if there were any police reports on me. Turns out they had me flagged as staying at an apartment house where a known drug dealer was. Not me nor the others in that apartment. The only other tenant we knew knew was an older woman worried about her alcoholic son.

The other times were something like when they stopped me 'cause the cop thought my used Renault's tires looked too flat. He was still unfamiliar with radial tires which weren't as inflated as tires with inner-tubes.

Go burn down a city and steal something!

I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
The cops pull over muscle cars because their Yugo or Honda Civic is boring

I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet

Every single rational person knows to stay in the car until you are told to get out.
Why make yourself a possible threat for no reason?
There is no such law, i did nothing wrong and the fact is that the way it played out I ended up laughing as I am now. This skinny dork would have been scared of a pigeon that looked at him the wrong way, though I just finished deadlifting 400 lbs

I laugh

I was pulled over by the South Carolina highway patrol once. I think it was really for the Florida plates on my car. Once he saw my driver's license and that I was a home boy in active military service, headed home for leave, I was cleared to go on my way.

Wow man, that’s a great story. Sounds like you totally know what it’s like being black because of that experience. Way to go!
..I grew up in a black hood....I've told the story before....
Good for you. Like I said... it sounds like you totally get it.

I'm a white woman who was pulled over by cops several times, but in all but one case it was to help me. The one time it wasn't was when I was in college. I had stayed over at my boyfriend's off-campus apartment and was waiting for the bus the next day when a cop asked me questions like where and why I slept last night. I asked him why he wanted to know and he told me it was because a girl completely answering my description had been reported as missing. I told him and he went away. Years later I asked a friend's lawyer husband if there were any police reports on me. Turns out they had me flagged as staying at an apartment house where a known drug dealer was. Not me nor the others in that apartment. The only other tenant we knew knew was an older woman worried about her alcoholic son.

The other times were something like when they stopped me 'cause the cop thought my used Renault's tires looked too flat. He was still unfamiliar with radial tires which weren't as inflated as tires with inner-tubes.

dang -How old are you?

The polite answer is to say that I slept where I chose to sleep, then you say are you trying to pick me up? because I am about to scream for help.

I got pinched right on the street about 30 years ago for nothing.

I'm white, and I saw a guy on the street that owed some money. So I holler across the street at the mf'er . A cop was right there and told me to watch my language. I told the police officer that I was just exercising my Freedom of Speech and 1st Amendment rights and hollered again in my effort to collect.

The cops ran me right on into the station, over nothing, for merely exercising my rights under the Bill of Rights.
....to me, it matters if there were others around.....especially kids ......I know it's free speech, but everyone should be civil around others

explanation?
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firecrackers

dang -How old are you?
I'm on Medicare with a supplemental policy. It's worked out very well.

explanation?
The cops pull over muscle cars because their Yugo or Honda Civic is boring

I had a 1966 GTO once long ago. Every member of my immediate family got a ticket in that car. All you had to do was drive across the Pee Dee river into the next county and the bubble gum machine would light up.

explanation?
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firrecrackers
Then there was the night I aimed my 45 at the nutcase banging on my front door t 1 in the morning while my wife called the cops. When I answered the door the jackass had some story about a robbery, before I told him to leave I told him that if he had come in he would have been shot dead if he entered. Since the whole thing was harassment for some reason and he had no warrant he left.......................

Do not try this at home kids..............

Happened to me 4 times in about a month. No lies. Due to an issue related to my father-in-law. Last time the guy pulled me over he apologized even before getting my license as he knew I wasn't 70 years old.

Another time pulled over while in a rental, and I had lost about $500 that night at the poker tables, so I wasn't in the best of moods. As long as the officer is professional, so must we be. We even shared a joke about the pizza I was bringing home and my CIA t-shirt ("do you work for the CIA?". "No, no"). I know I don't speed, drive reckless or break the law, so I'm cool.

Of anyone I should be the least trusting of police (though I have no record), but I have to be logical and know they aren't undercover targeting a teen and bullshitting their way to a career, they are doing an honorable job. So treat them as such as it all goes smoothly.

You'd never see me try and run from police, the odds of you getting away with that are exactly zero. Well maybe not zero, we have one guy in Toronto according to the papers who has been on the lam for 2 years, but, you're eventually going to face the music. The same for most crimes in 2020, the technology is heavily against you so don't tempt it.
..I always have issues with car insurance--every time I change companies, they say I have more accidents/etc--but it's my brother's accidents ...they don't look at the car--which is different, but the last name....I guess they think the car is under my name

dang--that sucks....they don't have to notify you if you are in a report??!!!

explanation?
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firrecrackers
Then there was the night I aimed my 45 at the nutcase banging on my front door t 1 in the morning while my wife called the cops. When I answered the door the jackass had some story about a robbery, before I told him to leave I told him that if he had come in he would have been shot dead if he entered. Since the whole thing was harassment for some reason and he had no warrant he left.......................

Do not try this at home kids..............
..I lived in a mostly black hood...talked/walked/dressed/etc black....one time our black neighbor came up to our house with a shotgun....well, he had just ran off some guys that were near our cars...we had batteries stolen from our cars ..I don't know if my parents ever called the police

Forum List

Back