I'm white--been pulled over by cops for nothing illegal

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car
....so the cops pull over white people too ..I did not resist or drive away

You were illegally driving a car without it being registered. What part of that is not clear?
woooojoooooooo--you just made another a$$ out of yourself....no--the cop said ok--I had the paperwork from the car dealer = LEGAL --DUH = you are a JACKASS and dumbass

....I was pulled over by a cop...he ran my plates...what was I doing illegal? NOTHING ..I had my old plates on a ''new'' used car

You were illegally driving a car without it being registered. What part of that is not clear?
what don't you understand about it WAS LEGAL???
hahahahahahahhahah

look at the other posts---they say in some states the plates go with the new car...big duhman

wooohoooo Friday TGIF...hahahhahahahaha

I'm a white woman who was pulled over by cops several times, but in all but one case it was to help me. The one time it wasn't was when I was in college. I had stayed over at my boyfriend's off-campus apartment and was waiting for the bus the next day when a cop asked me questions like where and why I slept last night. I asked him why he wanted to know and he told me it was because a girl completely answering my description had been reported as missing. I told him and he went away. Years later I asked a friend's lawyer husband if there were any police reports on me. Turns out they had me flagged as staying at an apartment house where a known drug dealer was. Not me nor the others in that apartment. The only other tenant we knew knew was an older woman worried about her alcoholic son.

The other times were something like when they stopped me 'cause the cop thought my used Renault's tires looked too flat. He was still unfamiliar with radial tires which weren't as inflated as tires with inner-tubes.
dang--that sucks....they don't have to notify you if you are in a report??!!!
They didn't then. I don't know about current law.

Wow man, that’s a great story. Sounds like you totally know what it’s like being black because of that experience. Way to go!
being a whiny ass crybaby is what its like to be black ! day shot muh babies daddy... all he did wus pass out at the dribe truu and assaulted da police and trieds ta shoots dems wid da taser he finded .... nows i gots to go out and loot and den burns down da liquor stow !

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.
..they go down parking lots/streets with them

You see em riding motorcycles and lane splitting in heavy traffic checking inspection stickers here in Houston all the time.
..but only the black people, yes?

Absolutely!!!!
My inspection sticker was from 1992,he just winked and moved on to a car full of black people.

I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet
God, you're an idiot! You don't get out of your car unless the Police officer orders you to! You sure as hell don't start reaching for bags in your car until you let the Police officer know exactly what it is that you're doing and why you're doing it!
Here's how it works, Kiddies! Put both hands on your steering wheel and wait for the nice Police Officer to come up to your window! If he asks for your information and you need to get it out of the glove box or anywhere else then let him know that you need to open the glove box or open your trunk. That Police Officer doesn't know who you are. He doesn't know if you just robbed the 7/11 down the street or killed your wife in a domestic disturbance! He's not acting like "Barney Fife"...he's taking precautions because you're behaving in a way that is making him wary!

woooojoooooooo--you just made another a$$ out of yourself....no--the cop said ok--I had the paperwork from the car dealer = LEGAL --DUH = you are a JACKASS and dumbass

He didnt pitch a bitch about having the wrong plates on the car?
Usually the dealer puts on a temp paper plate.

For the record, I pulled over, answered his questions courteously . . . and then called the County Sheriff's office and explained that, while I appreciated the extra concern for my mom's security, the deputy would have been better served to take down my license plate number and check with my mother who I was, because pulling me over was an abuse of his authority.

Stupid!

So, you would have taken down the plate number, saw who it belonged to, and checked with your mother...who was laying in a pool of blood just inside the kitchen door. Wow, a stupid cop had a murderer stopped and let them go.

no no ---it was perfectly legal

If it was a statey, they have new cameras that can check plates almost instantly. Hard to get away with fake tags these days.
..they go down parking lots/streets with them

You see em riding motorcycles and lane splitting in heavy traffic checking inspection stickers here in Houston all the time.
..but only the black people, yes?

Absolutely!!!!
My inspection sticker was from 1992,he just winked and moved on to a car full of black people.
...theys be racist

There is no such law, i did nothing wrong and the fact is that the way it played out I ended up laughing as I am now. This skinny dork would have been scared of a pigeon that looked at him the wrong way, though I just finished deadlifting 400 lbs

Apparently you're the only one who needs a law before they practice common sense.

If the size differential was so great between you and the officer, all the more reason for them to be extra cautious.

no no ---it was perfectly legal

Please show us where it is "perfectly legal" to operate a car that is not registered. If you knew you had the wrong plates on the car, how is that the fault of the officer? You broke the law, not him/her.

The other times were something like when they stopped me 'cause the cop thought my used Renault's tires looked too flat. He was still unfamiliar with radial tires which weren't as inflated as tires with inner-tubes.

There are radial and bias-ply tires. Both can be tubless or both can have tubes.

I am white as well and was pulled over by a white cop who pulled his gun on me because he was the Resurrection of barney fife
explanation?
He pulled me over to a parking lot and I got out of my camaro to get my wallet out of my gymbag in the hatchback of the car, he got out of his car and unholstered his gun. He ordered me back in the car and ask me for my licence and I said I can't give it to you because it is in the back and I have to get out to get it. Then he did his well gollee gee barney fife act as I got my wallet
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firrecrackers
Then there was the night I aimed my 45 at the nutcase banging on my front door t 1 in the morning while my wife called the cops. When I answered the door the jackass had some story about a robbery, before I told him to leave I told him that if he had come in he would have been shot dead if he entered. Since the whole thing was harassment for some reason and he had no warrant he left.......................

Do not try this at home kids..............
..I lived in a mostly black hood...talked/walked/dressed/etc black....one time our black neighbor came up to our house with a shotgun....well, he had just ran off some guys that were near our cars...we had batteries stolen from our cars ..I don't know if my parents ever called the police
Be wary about battery theft. It used to be the low riders would go around stealing car batteries. Of course the victim would get a nice new battery to replace it. Then the thieves would return and steal the nice new battery and put the old POS back in. Now that's rubbing it in.

There is no such law, i did nothing wrong and the fact is that the way it played out I ended up laughing as I am now. This skinny dork would have been scared of a pigeon that looked at him the wrong way, though I just finished deadlifting 400 lbs

Apparently you're the only one who needs a law before they practice common sense.

If the size differential was so great between you and the officer, all the more reason for them to be extra cautious.
Actually though I am extremely strong I am not all that large. He however was literally barney fife, which I did not know until he got out of his car shaking

I had a 1966 GTO once long ago. Every member of my immediate family got a ticket in that car. All you had to do was drive across the Pee Dee river into the next county and the bubble gum machine would light up.

I too had a '66 GOAT for many years. I bought it used in 1969 and it was in mint condition. My Ol' Man was a mechanic and I was moving from Miami to Tallahassee in 1971. He had put on new tires, trued and balanced them, new plugs, points, and all the rest.

Driving North on what was then the Sunshine Parkway it was just purring along at 115-120. At 120, I'd ease it down to 100 or so. It just felt like it was comfortable cruising at that speed. Finally, I saw THOSE flashing lights way back in the distance and I started to slow down. He finally pulled in behind me and I pulled off onto the shoulder. I gave him my papers and he asked me to step around to the back of the car. I left the car running with the AC, my wife was asleep in the front seat. You know that had a high compression engine and a full race cam so, at the back of the car was the irregular BLUM BLUM...BLUM BLUM.

This was before they all had radar in the cars. He had been going South, said he had turned and spent a half-hour catching up to me. Then he asked me how fast I was going, I don't know I said, to which he responded, NEITHER DO I! :D I was doing over 130 to catch you. He was a good guy and said that he was going to write it up as 104 mph. That would keep it 1 mph below felony speeding and reckless driving. The speed limit was 75 at that time and the fine skyrocketed at the speed I was going. I kept that ticket for a long, long time as I did the car. It was my toy until 2015 when I finally sold it.

WhitePontiacGTO-Th.jpg

Last edited:
explanation?
I got pulled over 15 times while I was in high school because I had a loud muscle car and would go cruising with my friends. Just about every time I got pulled over I would get out of the car. Meet the cop at the back of my car, talk about muscle cars and talk my way out of a ticket. Of course half the pull overs were them just making sure I wasn’t drunk, but the other half I got out of doing some pretty bad stuff behind the wheel. Guess whether I’m white or black...
when my brothers and I were about 14, we got taken in to the station for firrecrackers
Then there was the night I aimed my 45 at the nutcase banging on my front door t 1 in the morning while my wife called the cops. When I answered the door the jackass had some story about a robbery, before I told him to leave I told him that if he had come in he would have been shot dead if he entered. Since the whole thing was harassment for some reason and he had no warrant he left.......................

Do not try this at home kids..............
..I lived in a mostly black hood...talked/walked/dressed/etc black....one time our black neighbor came up to our house with a shotgun....well, he had just ran off some guys that were near our cars...we had batteries stolen from our cars ..I don't know if my parents ever called the police
Be wary about battery theft. It used to be the low riders would go around stealing car batteries. Of course the victim would get a nice new battery to replace it. Then the thieves would return and steal the nice new battery and put the old POS back in. Now that's rubbing it in.
..that was the 70s when I lived there......when I moved out of that hood my car insurance went down!!! so--I was white and my car insurance high when I lived there ....

Forum List

Back