Imagine a Conservative takeover of the country

Which group of items do you vote to add to the United States Constitution?

• Allowing prayer in school, banning a federal income tax and banning of sodomy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And why not list each thing individually. The choices in this poll suck!

Here is a list for you:

Do you support banning abortion? Yes or no
Do you support allowing Christian prayer in school? Yes or no
Do you support banning sodomy? Yes or no
Do you support the end to the federal income tax? Yes or no

(You could have done this yourself but I'll hold your hand for you.)

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

And which tax proposal do you support? Fair tax? Flat tax?

Taxes? Why not first concentrate on spending. After all, you could bring in 100% more revenue only to see them spend 200% of it.

Originally the states had the power of the purse, and as such, had laws put in place to balance budgets.

Then came the Prog movement and amendments to allow a federal income tax. They had to add it to the Constitution because SCOTUS had voted down attempts at this previously on the basis of it not being Constitutional.

Then once they had the power of the purse, there were no limits to their power. In fact, they created their own bank to print money they could not raise as revenue.

This is why I favor states rising up and passing amendments under Article V of the Constitution to restrain the federal government in terms of spending. Nothing else will do and is a waste of time.

Here is a list for you:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

Federal Sales Tax...

Will it happen?

Nope, but there is my answer for you...

I've said for a long time that conservatism looks much less dangerous than it really is because conservatives rarely acquire enough power in a government to actually do what they want to do.
And much of what conservatives say they'll do, they don't – it's all talk; likely because they know it's untenable nonsense, mostly red meat for the base.

We saw evidence of this between 2001 and 2007 – when republicans lost comprehensive control of the Federal government we had more government, not less, more of a deficit, not less, and two failed, illegal wars.

Here is a list for you:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

Taxes? Why not first concentrate on spending. After all, you could bring in 100% more revenue only to see them spend 200% of it.

Originally the states had the power of the purse, and as such, had laws put in place to balance budgets.

Then came the Prog movement and amendments to allow a federal income tax. They had to add it to the Constitution because SCOTUS had voted down attempts at this previously on the basis of it not being Constitutional.

Then once they had the power of the purse, there were no limits to their power. In fact, they created their own bank to print money they could not raise as revenue.

This is why I favor states rising up and passing amendments to restrain the federal government in terms of spending. Nothing else will do and is a waste of time.

I agree that spending is out of control, but the federal government does need income to function. Times have changed since the old days, and I do support social safety net spending.

Here is a list for you:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

Federal Sales Tax...

Will it happen?

So that would probably fall under the Fair Tax domain. I also like the Fair Tax idea. It has it's cons too, but so won't any system.

Here is a list for you:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

Federal Sales Tax...

Will it happen?

aka a VAT and go the way of Europe...........no thanks........

Flat tax on income..............no deductions..........
Spending cuts to 18% of GDP..........which is the historical average since WWII.
Our Federal Budget is more than the GDP of any other nation on earth, and anyone who says we don't have a spending problem is living under a rock.

I've said for a long time that conservatism looks much less dangerous than it really is because conservatives rarely acquire enough power in a government to actually do what they want to do.
And much of what conservatives say they'll do, they don't – it's all talk; likely because they know it's untenable nonsense, mostly red meat for the base.

We saw evidence of this between 2001 and 2007 – when republicans lost comprehensive control of the Federal government we had more government, not less, more of a deficit, not less, and two failed, illegal wars.
Kruger-National-Park-lowres-copyright-Scott-Ramsay-3.jpg

If Social Conservative Ruled The World:

1. Every child born would have the right to bear arms and be issued a AR-15 the moment they left between their mother legs.

2. Prayer in School would only be Christian and any other religion would be consider witchcraft including Judaism which Jesus was a Jew.

3. A fair wage would be what Corporate America dictate and you would be own by the company store like your great-grandparents had to live in the early 1900's.

4. A woman body is owned by god and her husband and if no husband then by her father or brother which could end up being her husband.

5. Freedom of Religion as long as it is Christianity.

6. Marriage will be define as between a man and woman which mean your 12 year old daughter would be a virgin on the run in Massachusetts from 30 year old pedophile males.

7. Genetic tests will be given to babies to see if they are gay and the test will have two picture and one will be of Anderson Cooper and the other one will be of Ann Coulter and the child that goes for Cooper will be deemed gay and will be sent to the Ann Coulter re-education school and be shocked into being cure of their Gay Gene.

8. Anyone that does not fit the WASP description of what a American should look like will be deported to Cuba, so non-whites will be sent to Cuba on a leaky dinghy.

9. Sodomy will be made illegal and anyone caught committing the sinful act will be tied to a boulder and tossed in a lake and if they die from drowning then their sodomy sin will be forgiven but if they float then they will be burn at the stake.

10. If Conservative Rule the World then Pinky and the Brain have just became real and we are screwed...

Now as you finish reading my top ten list and vomit from the site of it please note I fart Rainbows, piss silver and my crap is gold, and if you do not believe me then you realize my response was total bullshit because of the strawman OP, and thanks for reading...

FIN...

Sadly there is some truth here.

Both parties are all about a centralized Big Government running everything. The end result is tyranny. The only question becomes, can you stand the smell of their stench, or perhaps you like it while others hate it.

This was not how the Founders envisioned government and why they limited federal power in the first place.

Let me just say, I have no interest in trying to vote for the most benevolent dictator.

Jeb scares me about as much as Hildabeast.

I don't want abortion banned. While I don't personally agree with it, who are we to force a woman to carry and deliver a child she doesn't even want? Pregnancy comes with risks and effects your life.

I don't want someone's religion forced on me or others. If people choose to be a member of a religion, then they can do that kind of stuff at church and at home.

I do want a balanced budget, and I know some cuts could be made, but helping the poor is an important issue to me. There is no way on this earth that people would ever give enough to help everyone of their own volition. I think that much is obvious when you hear about local food banks that don't have enough food, etc.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that conservatives would want to ban abortion and then NOT help support those "unwanted children" that would result.

By your logic because Republicans control the Congress (House and Senate), they are responsible for Obama's foreign policy (beyond Federal funding).

Though your post is incorrect, the Presidency can declare war and end it, so ultimately blame lies with the Congress and the President of the time. That means Bush, and the successive Congresses that funded the military action.

Though, don't let actual reality and the processes of the US government ruin your selective brush strokes.

If Social Conservative Ruled The World:

1. Every child born would have the right to bear arms and be issued a AR-15 the moment they left between their mother legs.

2. Prayer in School would only be Christian and any other religion would be consider witchcraft including Judaism which Jesus was a Jew.

3. A fair wage would be what Corporate America dictate and you would be own by the company store like your great-grandparents had to live in the early 1900's.

4. A woman body is owned by god and her husband and if no husband then by her father or brother which could end up being her husband.

5. Freedom of Religion as long as it is Christianity.

6. Marriage will be define as between a man and woman which mean your 12 year old daughter would be a virgin on the run in Massachusetts from 30 year old pedophile males.

7. Genetic tests will be given to babies to see if they are gay and the test will have two picture and one will be of Anderson Cooper and the other one will be of Ann Coulter and the child that goes for Cooper will be deemed gay and will be sent to the Ann Coulter re-education school and be shocked into being cure of their Gay Gene.

8. Anyone that does not fit the WASP description of what a American should look like will be deported to Cuba, so non-whites will be sent to Cuba on a leaky dinghy.

9. Sodomy will be made illegal and anyone caught committing the sinful act will be tied to a boulder and tossed in a lake and if they die from drowning then their sodomy sin will be forgiven but if they float then they will be burn at the stake.

10. If Conservative Rule the World then Pinky and the Brain have just became real and we are screwed...

Now as you finish reading my top ten list and vomit from the site of it please note I fart Rainbows, piss silver and my crap is gold, and if you do not believe me then you realize my response was total bullshit because of the strawman OP, and thanks for reading...

FIN...

Sadly there is some truth here.

Both parties are all about a centralized Big Government running everything. The end result is tyranny. The only question becomes, can you stand the smell of their stench, or perhaps you like it while others hate it.

This was not how the Founders envisioned government and why they limited federal power in the first place.

Let me just say, I have no interest in trying to vote for the most benevolent dictator.

Jeb scares me about as much as Hildabeast.
They just sold us out on the TPP..........the details............:dunno:
Shrouded in secrecy with no transparency to the public at all..............Fast track to what.........hell.

I don't want abortion banned. While I don't personally agree with it, who are we to force a woman to carry and deliver a child she doesn't even want? Pregnancy comes with risks and effects your life.

I don't want someone's religion forced on me or others. If people choose to be a member of a religion, then they can do that kind of stuff at church and at home.

I do want a balanced budget, and I know some cuts could be made, but helping the poor is an important issue to me. There is no way on this earth that people would ever give enough to help everyone of their own volition. I think that much is obvious when you hear about local food banks that don't have enough food, etc.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that conservatives would want to ban abortion and then NOT help support those "unwanted children" that would result.

The article V movement that proposes states rise up and restrict power in the federal government should start with issues the majority of American agree upon.

About 80% of Americans support term limits in Congress and a balanced budget amendment of some kind.

Here is a list for you:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

Federal Sales Tax...

Will it happen?

aka a VAT and go the way of Europe...........no thanks........

Flat tax on income..............no deductions..........
Spending cuts to 18% of GDP..........which is the historical average since WWII.
Our Federal Budget is more than the GDP of any other nation on earth, and anyone who says we don't have a spending problem is living under a rock.

we do have a spending problem but here is the reality and that is politicians love to spend. I know how dare I let out the dirty little secret but the reality is there. We have politicians that love to waste tax dollars on military projects, or social welfare projects that can be handle by the state, or highway bills that are not needed like Bridges to Nowhere.

So as you kindly pointed out we have a spending problem. Now you wrote you would like a flat tax and that is all great if everyone paid into the system but the sad reality is that they do not. Illegals do not usually pay into the tax system except through the sale tax system and taxes on fuel and maybe land taxes but through work they usually do not.

So how do you get their tax money into the flat tax system?

Now before you write deport let live in reality and play nice and admit deporting them is not going to happen, so a tax system has to be made that will hit everyone equally and not a certain portion of the population.

Just my two cents.

The article V movement that proposes states rise up and restrict power in the federal government should start with issues the majority of American agree upon.

About 80% of Americans support term limits in Congress and a balanced budget amendment of some kind.

Well there is PLENTY of wasteful spending going on, that's for sure.

Top 7 Wackiest Examples of Wasteful Government Spending from Wastebook 2014

Prayer in schools...............I agree with it..................but not to infringe on the rights of others............If students want to pray by themselves or in groups then as a free country they should be able to do so.................Not as a function of class............that is not the schools function..........Just as those of other religions have that right.............again not to infringe on others............

When all this bs started they were attempting to thwart damned near anything............the students themselves banned together themselves and began prayer in protests in school and sporting events................I remember one football game...........where they had ruled to ban prayer in schools.............both teams came to the center of the field and kneeled in prayer.............a prayer was said, and then the game was started............

This was in direct response to the ACLU'S blatant attacks upon anything christian in schools.............the kids responded in kind.............and told the ACLU where it could put it's legal action.

And I agree.

We have a culture in this country............it is diverse but majority christian.................there has been a prolonged siege against it...........attacking it..................it's purpose is to diminish our culture for the likes of the minorities here............as offensive........why should we respect their culture when they disrespect ours.

Under threat of lawsuit........they did it anyway.
17S4lF.AuSt.79.jpg

defying-prayer-ban.jpg

Cheerleaders told not to pray before game
maxresdefault.jpg

Prayer in schools...............I agree with it..................but not to infringe on the rights of others............If students want to pray by themselves or in groups then as a free country they should be able to do so.................Not as a function of class............that is not the schools function..........Just as those of other religions have that right.............again not to infringe on others............

When all this bs started they were attempting to thwart damned near anything............the students themselves banned together themselves and began prayer in protests in school and sporting events................I remember one football game...........where they had ruled to ban prayer in schools.............both teams came to the center of the field and kneeled in prayer.............a prayer was said, and then the game was started............

This was in direct response to the ACLU'S blatant attacks upon anything christian in schools.............the kids responded in kind.............and told the ACLU where it could put it's legal action.

And I agree.

We have a culture in this country............it is diverse but majority christian.................there has been a prolonged siege against it...........attacking it..................it's purpose is to diminish our culture for the likes of the minorities here............as offensive........why should we respect their culture when they disrespect ours.

Well, I agree that if the students want to pray in private on their own, that is fine.

Forum List

Back