In 2006 Obama voted to filibuster Supreme Court Nominee Alito

Reid never blocked a vote for the Supreme Court

Why are Republicans doing it?

They aren't...at least not yet. I believe they are posturing right now...we will see when he appoints one.
And BTW - on another note....if Obama tries to appoint someone next week...then I believe he is doing it for political reasons, because only taking a little over a week for such a critical appointment is ludicrous. It should be months not days.

They aren't...at least not yet. I believe they are posturing right now...we will see when he appoints one.
And BTW - on another note....if Obama tries to appoint someone next week...then I believe he is doing it for political reasons, because only taking a little over a week for such a critical appointment is ludicrous. It should be months not days.

Trying to remove the Republican excuse that they don't have time
Start the clock ticking

Trying to remove the Republican excuse that they don't have time
Start the clock ticking

I don't understand what you are saying?
I am talking about Obama's appt.
At the beginning he said "in due time" ....then suddenly that went to "early next week".
If he makes an appt literally within days instead of months - then they are not properly seeking out, and more importantly - VETTING a candidate.

It has been months. The scalia assassination was planned long ago,

Why would any Republican Senator - up for re-election - take time away from Washington to campaign when his/her absolutely BEST campaign is predicated on STAYING in Washington; STAYING in Session and denying Our Kenyan Emperor any possible shot at a back-door appointment?

I think repubs should wait until obozo makes his choice and then decide whether to block the nomination or not. It's possible obozo will choose a moderate candidate. I'm sure he will play the quota game and pick a woman or black or latin but if he wants the person confirmed, the pick can't be too liberal. On the repub side, they do not know who will win the 2016 election and if hillary wins, then she will choose an extremely liberal person. So the repubs have an incentive to accept a moderate, it that's what obozo chooses.

I think repubs should wait until obozo makes his choice and then decide whether to block the nomination or not. It's possible obozo will choose a moderate candidate. I'm sure he will play the quota game and pick a woman or black or latin but if he wants the person confirmed, the pick can't be too liberal. On the repub side, they do not know who will win the 2016 election and if hillary wins, then she will choose an extremely liberal person. So the repubs have an incentive to accept a moderate, it that's what obozo chooses.
if obama plays his cards right, he should pick a moderate for the reasons you stated...but ya never know till the fat lady sings...

When will you Leftist/Progressive learn? Obumbler will not nominate anybody! The decision will be made by George Soros and his personal assistant, White House Chief of Staff, Valerie Jarrett.

Jarrett.jpg

if obama plays his cards right, he should pick a moderate for the reasons you stated...but ya never know till the fat lady sings...
If Obama plays his cards right, he will nominate a flaming liberal and fight like hell for his confirmation
After Republicans have postured for their base and turned him down.....then come back with the moderate as a "compromise"

Last edited:
If Obama plays his cards right, he will nominate a flaming liberal and fight like hell for his confirmation
After Republicans have postured for their base and turned him down.....then come back with the moderate as a "compromise"
:lol: I would have never thought of that! :rofl:

That makes sense but obozo is not intelligent. I doubt he can even read. Without AA he'd have never even graduated from HS let alone become president.

That makes sense but obozo is not intelligent. I doubt he can even read. Without AA he'd have never even graduated from HS let alone become president.

Obama wins on every major issue

He will win this one too

I know. Most people immediately suffer an immediate inferiority complex whenever I'm around. Bear with it.

Laughing.......so that's a 'no', you can't tell the difference?

Not my problem. The problem belongs to the Democrats.

Oh, this is a major GOP fuck up. They reacted too strongly, limiting their options and forcing themselves onto only one path. They could have simply rejected any individual candidate that Obama nominated and gotten the same result. Plus had plenty of wiggle room.

But in the current clusterfuck that is the Grand Old Party, even the possibility of compromise is anathema. So they just defined their legacy: party above principle. Party above the nation. Party above anything.

And that's how the GOP will be remembered.
Very true
Republicans overplayed their hand
Rather than let it play out and voicing specific issues with the candidate, McConnell made it clear it was Obama who he objected to
Blatant partisan politics

Utterly. They're in full panic mode. The party is in tatters, they have a reality star as their front runner with highest disapproval rating of any candidate....ever. And their debates have devolved into creative ways of calling each other liars.

And like political amateurs, they limit their options, take the most extreme, restrictive position possible.....and have no exit strategy. Worse, they removed even a possibility of a historical narrative for their party's tenure under Obama as anything other than hysteric partisan obstructionists who put their own political ambitions above the needs of the country.

thats funny- needs of the country? Obama? lmao. Doesn't even deserve a reply.

Oh, this is a major GOP fuck up. They reacted too strongly, limiting their options and forcing themselves onto only one path. They could have simply rejected any individual candidate that Obama nominated and gotten the same result. Plus had plenty of wiggle room.

But in the current clusterfuck that is the Grand Old Party, even the possibility of compromise is anathema. So they just defined their legacy: party above principle. Party above the nation. Party above anything.

Very true
Rather than let it play out and voicing specific issues with the candidate, McConnell made it clear it was Obama who he objected to

Utterly. They're in full panic mode. The party is in tatters, they have a reality star as their front runner with highest disapproval rating of any candidate....ever. And their debates have devolved into creative ways of calling each other liars.

And like political amateurs, they limit their options, take the most extreme, restrictive position possible.....and have no exit strategy. Worse, they removed even a possibility of a historical narrative for their party's tenure under Obama as anything other than hysteric partisan obstructionists who put their own political ambitions above the needs of the country.

And yet in another attempt to polish the GOP turd.....you did reply.

Very true

Obama identified the needs of the country before the election. He won by a large margin

Forum List

Back