In a world where the President of the United States is delusional

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Ever wondered what would happen if the president had a serious disconnect with reality?

OBAMA: Uh, some of their allies -- Iran, Hezbollah -- do have the capacity to carry out asymmetrical strikes, but keep in mind that, uh, even Assad's allies recognize that, uh, he crossed the line in using chemical weapons. Iran itself was subjected to chemical weapons use by Saddam Hussein. Their populations remember what terrible weapons these are.

There is a reason why, uh, almost the entire international community, uh, has, uh, signed, uh, a ban on chemical weapons, even during hot wars. And it's because they're indiscriminate.

And so my narrow concern right now, uh, is making sure that Assad does not use those chemical weapons again. And, you know, we've seen some indications from the Russians as well as the Syrians today, uh, that they may be willing to look at the prospect of getting those weapons under control, perhaps even, uh, international control, and getting them out of there, where they could be vulnerable to use by anybody.

And that's something that we're going to run to ground over the next couple of days.

Transcript of President Obama's interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace | Fox News

EU compact on Syrian use of chemical weapons punishment, read it, it's there. Russia is taking away Assad's toys cause they know the hell we can send.

EU compact on Syrian use of chemical weapons punishment, read it, it's there. Russia is taking away Assad's toys cause they know the hell we can send.

Point out where the Geneva Convention, which is what Syria signed, before we did, provides for the use of chemical weapons inside the country. After you fail at that, feel free to explain why the US, which refuses to say it will not use chemical weapons, should be allowed to punish another country for using them when it violates the UN charter, which we did sign.

I do wonder why Obama is not seizing this like a drowning man grasps a life preserver.

Obama is trying to grab the life preserver, but it Putin's life preserver and he will be snatching it away just as Obama is about to grasp it.

Its a game between a trained hardcore pragmatist and a community organizer.

I do wonder why Obama is not seizing this like a drowning man grasps a life preserver.

Obama is trying to grab the life preserver, but it Putin's life preserver and he will be snatching it away just as Obama is about to grasp it.

Its a game between a trained hardcore pragmatist and a community organizer.

I don't think Putin can backtrack. If I'm Obama I put off the vote and go to the UN sec council and ask for a resolution that all chem weapons be placed in the control of Russians, American, French. And you ignore that Obama's primary thorn under the saddle was McClusterfk, rather than Putin, who merely seized the moment.

The RW criticized JFK for not taking advantage of the opportunity to invade Cuba, and instead pledging not to do so if Russia took out the missles.

Forum List

Back