In all seriousness. How should the world deal with China if and when this gets resolved?

We should endeavor to learn some lessons about our own politically fucked up response because we can do something about that. China is going to be China and no amount of revenge is going to change that.

So you have no issue with China releasing this virus onto the World that caused this Pandemic?

Of course and it is Trump fault as usual, so if it is Trump fault who do you blame in Italy and Iran then?
Not sure what we could possibly do to change how China does things. China imposed secrecy out of fear that it would hurt their economy. Trump denied the very existence of this thing because he thought it might hurt the economy. We can damned sure do something about him.

How should we? Bring critical businesses stateside. Of course, determining what is "critical" is a moving target.

How will we? Likely not at all. Americans are addicted to low prices. And one of the biggest factors in determining price is the costs of production (labor+materials). Labor is cheaper over there than it is over here. All of the tariffs in the world aren't going to stop that.

In fact, putting tariffs on seemingly "non-critical" items like lumber likely caused the shortages in paper goods we're all now experiencing.
True...

It is very much like how the North relied on the cheaper prices due to centuries of slave labor in the South.

The cheap labor or slave like conditions in these controlled countries like China, Vietnam etc are the reasons for low prices at Walmart among other places.

We, along with the world have grown way too comfortable with that and we have been living in willful ignorance for a while.

We are now seeing the price the world pays for relying on tyrannical regimes or doing business with them.

Having said all that, we as a world should be demanding justice, but the world is and will be too cowardly to do it. Reason, cause of the reliance on their cheap labor. Without which, inflation may actually go through the roof.

The rock and the hard place. What do we do?
The Chinese people are not responsible, the Chinese government is... And the people of China have paid the price, with their deaths, due to their govt' s slow to accept, and response....

The Chinese govt once they accepted it was an epidemic, reacted strongly and fiercely attacked the virus spread by massive testing, and quarantining those infected and shutting the entire Wuhan region, factories, and economy down with a 90% loss in business....

I just don't know what punishment would hurt the govt but not the Chinese people, that we could do at this point.

Our businesses CHOSE to go there to Wuhan to manufacture their goods and its the only reason why the virus is here, throughout our Nation....businessmen traveling back and forth.

We can regulate what type of business we have going over there to China.

There is no excuse why we allow Chinese corporations to make our gloves, mask and medicines and it need to stop!

I would not object to having Mexico or countries in Central America making these products...

It is not racism to blame the Chinese Government but you will proclaim it is while shifting the blame to our government.

So who do you blame for the outbreak and deaths in Iran and Italy?

I blame their governments for not taking appropriate action.

But a virus is a natural phenomenon. Blaming is besides the point.

We should endeavor to learn some lessons about our own politically fucked up response because we can do something about that. China is going to be China and no amount of revenge is going to change that.

So you have no issue with China releasing this virus onto the World that caused this Pandemic?

Of course and it is Trump fault as usual, so if it is Trump fault who do you blame in Italy and Iran then?
Not sure what we could possibly do to change how China does things. China imposed secrecy out of fear that it would hurt their economy. Trump denied the very existence of this thing because he thought it might hurt the economy. We can damned sure do something about him.

Again, China Government hid the facts, refused help at the start, punished anyone that told the truth and lied to the WHO!

Had the virus outbreak happened here then you would have me calling for Donald John Trump removal from office if he did what China Government did but it did not!

What must be done is no medicines or medical equipment should be made in China!

No gloves or masks either!

I would limit imports of all Chinese imports and rely more on countries like Mexico and regions like Central America and South America while making a ten year plan to reduce China trade with us.

Let Europe, Africa, Russia and Iran support China Economy while we build up Nations in our part of the World instead!

Maybe we should introduce China to the concept of "social distancing"...

And cut way back on the junk we import from there!!!

View attachment 313786

Excellent graphic.

They [capitalists] will furnish credits which will serve us for the support of the Communist Party in their countries and, by supplying us materials and technical equipment which we lack, will restore our military industry necessary for our future attacks against our suppliers. To put it in other words, they will work on the preparation of their own suicide.

Vladimir Ilich (Ulyanov) Lenin, as reported by I. U. Annenkov in an article entitled, “Remembrances of Lenin,” Novyi Zhurnal / New Review, September 1961, p. 147.

How should we? Bring critical businesses stateside. Of course, determining what is "critical" is a moving target.

How will we? Likely not at all. Americans are addicted to low prices. And one of the biggest factors in determining price is the costs of production (labor+materials). Labor is cheaper over there than it is over here. All of the tariffs in the world aren't going to stop that.

In fact, putting tariffs on seemingly "non-critical" items like lumber likely caused the shortages in paper goods we're all now experiencing.
True...

It is very much like how the North relied on the cheaper prices due to centuries of slave labor in the South.

The cheap labor or slave like conditions in these controlled countries like China, Vietnam etc are the reasons for low prices at Walmart among other places.

We, along with the world have grown way too comfortable with that and we have been living in willful ignorance for a while.

We are now seeing the price the world pays for relying on tyrannical regimes or doing business with them.

Having said all that, we as a world should be demanding justice, but the world is and will be too cowardly to do it. Reason, cause of the reliance on their cheap labor. Without which, inflation may actually go through the roof.

The Chinese people are not responsible, the Chinese government is... And the people of China have paid the price, with their deaths, due to their govt' s slow to accept, and response....

The Chinese govt once they accepted it was an epidemic, reacted strongly and fiercely attacked the virus spread by massive testing, and quarantining those infected and shutting the entire Wuhan region, factories, and economy down with a 90% loss in business....

I just don't know what punishment would hurt the govt but not the Chinese people, that we could do at this point.

Our businesses CHOSE to go there to Wuhan to manufacture their goods and its the only reason why the virus is here, throughout our Nation....businessmen traveling back and forth.

There is no excuse why we allow Chinese corporations to make our gloves, mask and medicines and it need to stop!

I would not object to having Mexico or countries in Central America making these products...
I agree, that should never have happened, but with Free Trade, and Free Markets that's what happens... deregulation.

True...

I agree, that should never have happened, but with Free Trade, and Free Markets that's what happens... deregulation.

Yeah, well China is not a country to practice that type of economic system with seeing they do not believe in it and have manipulated the system with the suppression of their currency for decades along with selling poisonous products that many just ignore.

I go out of my way to read where my Jean's are made and make sure I buy products made in Central America and Mexico and usually I have to shop at Target for that and when looking for other supplies I read and search for non-Chinese made products.

America need to get off of the Chinese Heroin and work with her neighbors here in this part of the World!

True...

Who has blamed the Chinese people I wonder.

The Chinese government did what? This thing actually began in the 2nd week in November. It started spreading in Wuhan and the original Doctor who was treating the number of people coming in realized this was a new strand of coronavirus. He then let it be known. He was silenced by the Chinese government, forced to sign a paper declaring what he claimed was false. He died. The Chinese government knew what it was and allowed infected people or potentially infected people to fly out.

This is not ignorance. We are very well educated as a world to know how this spreads and the deadly threat it is.

They knew it with SARS one and they knew it with the bird flu among others.

You are now conditioned by our leftwing propaganda media to say they did everything to contain it?

You are very brainwashed. You, have a good heart. Wake up to the ways of the world that you follow.

Again, China Government hid the facts, refused help at the start, punished anyone that told the truth and lied to the WHO!

Had the virus outbreak happened here then you would have me calling for Donald John Trump removal from office if he did what China Government did but it did not!

I would limit imports of all Chinese imports and rely more on countries like Mexico and regions like Central America and South America while making a ten year plan to reduce China trade with us.

Let Europe, Africa, Russia and Iran support China Economy while we build up Nations in our part of the World instead!
Remember way back a long time ago (last month) when Trump and all his little Trumpbots were totally denying this was anything to be concerned about? No one will be allowed to forget how all this started. There may well be an eventual reckoning with our trade practices but right now Trump's crappy initial response has cost lives and he will pay the price for that.

Remember way back a long time ago (last month) when Trump and all his little Trumpbots were totally denying this was anything to be concerned about? No one will be allowed to forget how all this started. There may well be an eventual reckoning with our trade practices but right now Trump's crappy initial response has cost lives and he will pay the price for that.

You better look up when Trump started putting flight ban on China and Asia and remember how some thought it was racist and not needed at the time.

Remember when Trump order a halt on international flights to the E.U. and some screamed?

Yeah, so Trump owns his words and we must remember many times China had a virus many worried about and nothing really happened, so people thought this was the case again, but it was not.

So as you point to Trumps word then I will point to Trumps actions that he has taken and even though Trump was downplaying the threat the fact is Him and Pelosi along with Federal, State and Local agencies have been working together to combat this spread of the virus and to say they are not is being blind by your hatred for Trump.

In the end China owns this Virus and China Government should pay for it through trade and restrictions!

True...

Yeah, well China is not a country to practice that type of economic system with seeing they do not believe in it and have manipulated the system with the suppression of their currency for decades along with selling poisonous products that many just ignore.

I go out of my way to read where my Jean's are made and make sure I buy products made in Central America and Mexico and usually I have to shop at Target for that and when looking for other supplies I read and search for non-Chinese made products.

America need to get off of the Chinese Heroin and work with her neighbors here in this part of the World!
I agree, we should stick with the Americas... we could solve a whole bunch of caravan problems while at it. Goods can be flown or trucked or shipped to get here.... lots of choices.

It'll bring the Americas out of poverty....less problems for us... in the long run....

True...

I agree, we should stick with the Americas... we could solve a whole bunch of caravan problems while at it. Goods can be flown or trucked or shipped to get here.... lots of choices.

It'll bring the Americas out of poverty....less problems for us... in the long run....

I have been saying that for decades that we need to focus on our neighbors.

People should look at the cost of living in countries like El Salvador and Guatemala and realize making the product there will be better than having a regime that want to enslave us make it with their slave labor.

People forget China Government still uses a form of Slave Labor in their country and yet many of us are quick to buy their products and why?

Might as well trade with North Korea if we are going to be working with regimes like China!

So we both agree on this but let fact reality once this is over nothing will be done and why?

Americans think with their pocketbooks and not with their head...

People should look at the cost of living in countries like El Salvador and Guatemala and realize making the product there will be better than having a regime that want to enslave us make it with their slave labor.

People forget China Government still uses a form of Slave Labor in their country and yet many of us are quick to buy their products and why?

Might as well trade with North Korea if we are going to be working with regimes like China!

So we both agree on this but let fact reality once this is over nothing will be done and why?

Problems with that though. I agree with you, however there are some real things to consider. One, China is a real nuclear power and a real threat from a military standpoint. That is no small thing.

Free trade, at the end of the day prevents wars from breaking out. Especially that one big war that we are all fearing.

Those countries that you mentioned, don't have any sort of military standing. I know that may seem like no big deal, but it is a bigger.factor than we think.

Which, is one giant reason why the world may refrain from blasting China too much. With the left wing stooges like.JoeB, it is all about racism.

Said it before and I will say it again. He is very lucky we will never meet. Had a grandfather executed by fidel castro. Had a brother die as a Marine.

Cannot believe we have to tolerate a person that glowingly pisses on our country as he praises every tyrannical regime for no other reason than they are not white and hates American free market well enough.

Problems with that though. I agree with you, however there are some real things to consider. One, China is a real nuclear power and a real threat from a military standpoint. That is no small thing.

Free trade, at the end of the day prevents wars from breaking out. Especially that one big war that we are all fearing.

Those countries that you mentioned, don't have any sort of military standing. I know that may seem like no big deal, but it is a bigger.factor than we think.

Which, is one giant reason why the world may refrain from blasting China too much. With the left wing stooges like.JoeB, it is all about racism.

Said it before and I will say it again. He is very lucky we will never meet. Had a grandfather executed by fidel castro. Had a brother die as a Marine.

Cannot believe we have to tolerate a person that glowingly pisses on our country as he praises every tyrannical regime for no other reason than they are not white and hates American free market well enough.

I understand China is a Nuclear and Military Superpower but something has to be done once and for all or this will keep on repeating until China has weaken us to the point they take us over...

Look, China has been a growing threat since the Korean conflict and Nixon messed up badly by opening that door to China because you can never trust a regime that still believe in the practices of Maoism and Stalinism.

Soon Hong Kong will be completely back into China clutches and China is eyeing Singapore, Taiwan and the Philippines while also working on uniting South Korea under a North Korean type government and then focus on Japan and taking them.

It has been China plan for decades and if the World does not alter China course we as a World might as well raise China Flag in our Nations and bow to the Dragon...

I know I am coming off unhinged but if I am screaming and saying let alter their course then it is for a good reason because China is and has always been a threat to us since the Korean conflict!

So as you pointed out their Military and Nuclear capabilities, well I have to say we must risk angering the Dragon and do what is best for America and not China.

Now if Joe find my comments racist, well Joe find anyone that is white and not worshipping Stalin to be racist while forgetting all of his heroes of the past were racists or race baiting bigots like Stalin and Mao...

It is not racism to blame the Chinese Government but you will proclaim it is while shifting the blame to our government.

Is COVID-19 A Bioweapon? Five Conspiracy Theories Around Coronavirus That Will Shock You - A Pandemic That Sent Shockwaves

Judicial Watch Founder Sues Chinese Gov't Over 'Bioweapon' COVID-19

They could still make a profit from Mexico on southward, with less hassle, and most shipments would be quicker, which means the product could hit the sales floor with less lead time needed.

But manufacturers would likely stay in China, as you stated.... they've invested a lot in having factories built, for their product, in hiring and training for skills to make their products, and for material procurement agents, and quality control people they pay to watch their product manufactured....etc...

They would have to start at square one, in the Americas...other than Mexico, which we have some experience with....

I just checked the box of Nitrile gloves in my desk. Made in Malaysia. Is that a critical item to have made in the US? What about face masks, patient drapes, syringes, gowns, and normal saline?

I am unsure but what I remember we import more Lumber from Canada than China, so slapping tariffs on Chinese lumber is not going to harm us if we import any from China.

Steel on the other hand is a whole different story.

What should be brought back to this country or at least to Mexico and Canada is the production of gloves, maskes and pharmaceutical products along with if we have anything that is made for our Military over there.

Actually we need to close the door to China and say goodbye to them for good!

China has been in a proxy-war with us for decades and many will say no but it is true!

China funds the Cartels in Mexico while also supplying then with the chemicals to operate their ( Cartels ) drug trade business.

China has been for awhile building up in the South China Sea and this was going on during Obama time, so let not a t like China hostility has just started under Trump and before your smartass writes I am blaming Obana, well I am not!

China has been a growing threat for decades and this last incident with the virus should wake the entire World up and finally put China back in it place but most will ignore China threat and then claim we should not punish the Chinese Government!

So critical manufacturing as been listed by me and I would go so far to cutoff all trade and bolster or trade with Mexico, Canada, Central America and South America!

The blob started trade wars with everyone.

Trump’s Lumber Tariff Is Forcing Canada Producers to Idle Mills

This particular tariff helped result in a lack of paper goods.

As for China, the consumers are going to write the book on what happens. Right now, we’re addicted to lower prices. A shrimp platter is already about $18 at some restaurants. Without Chinese Shrimp on the market, the price will go up.

I understand China is a Nuclear and Military Superpower but something has to be done once and for all or this will keep on repeating until China has weaken us to the point they take us over...

Look, China has been a growing threat since the Korean conflict and Nixon messed up badly by opening that door to China because you can never trust a regime that still believe in the practices of Maoism and Stalinism.

Soon Hong Kong will be completely back into China clutches and China is eyeing Singapore, Taiwan and the Philippines while also working on uniting South Korea under a North Korean type government and then focus on Japan and taking them.

It has been China plan for decades and if the World does not alter China course we as a World might as well raise China Flag in our Nations and bow to the Dragon...

I know I am coming off unhinged but if I am screaming and saying let alter their course then it is for a good reason because China is and has always been a threat to us since the Korean conflict!

So as you pointed out their Military and Nuclear capabilities, well I have to say we must risk angering the Dragon and do what is best for America and not China.

Now if Joe find my comments racist, well Joe find anyone that is white and not worshipping Stalin to be racist while forgetting all of his heroes of the past were racists or race baiting bigots like Stalin and Mao...
Yes, we are North of the rock and south of the hard place. There is no easy answer. The simple fact is condemning China on a mass scale like we are advocating will take unreal courage and total commitment on part of the whole world. Everyone committed in their disdain not for just how they infected us all with their blatant and willful disregard for the world with this disease, but their long well documented history of mass genocide and treatment of their citizens as well as being an intolerant murderous regime for over 50 years. Their genocide and homicidal sins make what the nazis did look like a cloudy day. All to the loud cheers and support of those that claim how they are all for human liberty, all while espousing communism. Just......think about that. Take the time to just.....think about that.

Well, the fact is as a result of people like a JoeB and to lesser degree Care, we see the world will not be united in condemning China for....anything.

They are immediately pulling out their race cards as instructed and actually praising them for how they are helping the world and even claiming they were doing it from the start.

That is what we are dealing with. So, the dream that you are having and I am having will remain just that. Back to blaming Trump and American capitalist white people now.

I just checked the box of Nitrile gloves in my desk. Made in Malaysia. Is that a critical item to have made in the US? What about face masks, patient drapes, syringes, gowns, and normal saline?

I am unsure but what I remember we import more Lumber from Canada than China, so slapping tariffs on Chinese lumber is not going to harm us if we import any from China.

Steel on the other hand is a whole different story.

What should be brought back to this country or at least to Mexico and Canada is the production of gloves, maskes and pharmaceutical products along with if we have anything that is made for our Military over there.

Actually we need to close the door to China and say goodbye to them for good!

China has been in a proxy-war with us for decades and many will say no but it is true!

China funds the Cartels in Mexico while also supplying then with the chemicals to operate their ( Cartels ) drug trade business.

China has been for awhile building up in the South China Sea and this was going on during Obama time, so let not a t like China hostility has just started under Trump and before your smartass writes I am blaming Obana, well I am not!

China has been a growing threat for decades and this last incident with the virus should wake the entire World up and finally put China back in it place but most will ignore China threat and then claim we should not punish the Chinese Government!

So critical manufacturing as been listed by me and I would go so far to cutoff all trade and bolster or trade with Mexico, Canada, Central America and South America!

The blob started trade wars with everyone.

Trump’s Lumber Tariff Is Forcing Canada Producers to Idle Mills

This particular tariff helped result in a lack of paper goods.

As for China, the consumers are going to write the book on what happens. Right now, we’re addicted to lower prices. A shrimp platter is already about $18 at some restaurants. Without Chinese Shrimp on the market, the price will go up.

Without Chinese Shrimp?

WTF?

China Government thanks you for it support and you need to take a picture of your box of gloves to show the board because your credibility was shot with your response!

So you are saying you are fine with China making all your medicines and running factories that can poison you at any time because you want it cheap?

You are fine with buying Chinese made products that the revenue goes back to the Chinese Government that will arrest anyone that tell the truth about a possible Pandemic?

Tell me Candycorn when Obama was President was China a good friend of the U.S. and did Obama have a good relationship with China?

Let see if you are honest because you are claiming all this is because of Trump and when I prove you to be the lying partisan hack you are, well then you will just claim I am lying and then say Shrimp prices will go up.

We import a good majority of our food from Mexico and not China and we should never be importing from China when it come to food consumption because of their miserable ways they operate their factories.

So come on Candycorn keep on spinning for China Government and tell me how you need Shrimp to be cheap and that is why you do not want to cutoff trade with China!

Is COVID-19 A Bioweapon? Five Conspiracy Theories Around Coronavirus That Will Shock You - A Pandemic That Sent Shockwaves

Judicial Watch Founder Sues Chinese Gov't Over 'Bioweapon' COVID-19
It's a fake conspiracy...So says Scientists throughout the world who examined its genetics.

Forum List

Back