In California, some public schools are designating some rooms as prayer rooms for Muslims

I appreciate your self-awareness, but it's not relevant to the discussion.

Apparently, it's your view that the Muslim prayer in question, which the religion permits its devotees to skip, must be honored with a special devotion area and religious exemption which applies to no other group.

If you can't see your hypocrisy, bigotry and lack of logic at work here, I can only guess you're a Democrat.
If another religion required prayer, and providing a small space and a brief time during the day to pray, that seems reasonable to me.

I’ll ask again, what accommodations are people asking for? It’s always going to be a case by case basis.

I could see that it would be disruptive to have Muslims praying in the middle of class.
The left has claimed for years that Christians praying in class was disruptive...but never offered a special room.

You can't have it both ways...either there is special accomodations for everyone...or no one...

I'm not opposed to Muslims having a place to pray. But are YOU and more importantly... the left ... prepared to have a defacto school Chapel for Christian students?

If another religion required prayer, and providing a small space and a brief time during the day to pray, that seems reasonable to me.

I’ll ask again, what accommodations are people asking for? It’s always going to be a case by case basis.
Tax dollars being spent to promote religion is a blatant violation of the Constitution.

I think Muslims would only need time to pray once during school hours.

That's their problem, no the taxpayer's problem.
Apparently, Democrats believe that some religions are more equal than others.

I knew they felt this way about the Cults of Clinton, Obama and Biden, but apparently it applies to Islam as well, Allah be praised.

Tax dollars being spent to promote religion is a blatant violation of the Constitution.
Having a room present for people to pray in does not promote a religion.

Having a school employee lead a Christian prayer would be.

Having a room present for people to pray in does not promote a religion.

Having a school employee lead a Christian prayer would be.
Sure it is. You are spending tax dollars to facilitate the practice of religion.

Funny how you didn't say "prayer" in general, but specified "Christian prayer". You hypocrisy is showing again, Clown.

Islam doesn't require this - the prayer can be skipped, just as I can refrain from dropping to my knees in front of a bowl of Froot Loops every day at 8am if other demands are pressing.

Do you understand?
I’ll ask again, what accommodations are people asking for?
See above.
It’s always going to be a case by case basis.
See above.

You don't seem to grasp that all practitioners of various iterations of faith must be treated equally - a foundational concept - and that Muslims are NOT required to engage in the prayer in question.

Last edited:
Sure it is. You are spending tax dollars to facilitate the practice of religion.
Facilitation and promotion are not synonymous.

If another religion needs space to do similar activity, then it’s not a problem.

1985, Wallace v. Jaffree​

This case addressed whether schools can set aside a time for meditation or personal reflection. In Alabama, schools had “a period of silence for meditation.” It did not endorse a specific religion or even specify that the silent time should be used for religious reasons, but instead set it as a time of reflection. But later, state legislators changed the statute to read a “period of silence for meditation or silent prayer.”

With that addition, the Supreme Court ruled that the amendment to the law violated the Establishment Clause.

This is a lie.
Duckduckgo'd "student prayer suspended"...this was the first story...older...but seems relevant...

Vancouver, WA - Today twelve high school students at Heritage High School were suspended for ten days for gathering to pray before school. Liberty Counsel is providing legal assistance to the students who were suspended.

A few weeks ago, the students tried to start a prayer club, but the school's vice principal, Alex Otoupal, would not let them meet in a private room. The students gathered in the cafeteria before school to pray, but a Satanist student went to the school office and complained. As a result, Vice Principal Otoupal told the Christian students they could not pray in the cafeteria but would have to go outside. After the students insisted on praying in the cafeteria because of inclement weather, Otoupal suspended them for ten days.

Colfax is on tilt. :auiqs.jpg:

Christianity doesn't require set prayer times, however even Jesus said prayer should be in and outside of church.

If Muslims are allowed and given space then Christians should also.

I saw recently my high school I attended now has a Prayer At The Pole, each morning. They gather around the flag pole for fellowship and prayer each morning for roughly 20 minutes

When I read it my immediate thought was some asshole will bitch and moan

Duckduckgo'd "student prayer suspended"...this was the first story...older...but seems relevant...

Vancouver, WA - Today twelve high school students at Heritage High School were suspended for ten days for gathering to pray before school. Liberty Counsel is providing legal assistance to the students who were suspended.

A few weeks ago, the students tried to start a prayer club, but the school's vice principal, Alex Otoupal, would not let them meet in a private room. The students gathered in the cafeteria before school to pray, but a Satanist student went to the school office and complained. As a result, Vice Principal Otoupal told the Christian students they could not pray in the cafeteria but would have to go outside. After the students insisted on praying in the cafeteria because of inclement weather, Otoupal suspended them for ten days.

When I go to legitimate information sources, your biased articles are contradicted.

Forum List

Back