In California, some public schools are designating some rooms as prayer rooms for Muslims

This is from the San Francisco affiliate of PBS. It says that some public schools in California are setting up prayer rooms for Muslims.

I'm no constitutional scholar, but it seems to me that this is clear a violation of the first amendment.

California Schools Prepare for Thousands of Afghan Refugee Students | KQED

California Schools Prepare for Thousands of Afghan Refugee Students

By Diana Lambert

September 21, 2021

In California, home to the largest number of Afghan refugees in the country, school officials are preparing for an influx of students who fled Afghanistan with their families after the Taliban seized power in the country last month.

Schools are especially busy in Sacramento and Fremont, which have two of the largest Afghan communities in the state. Over 40% of the nation’s Afghan refugees have resettled in the Sacramento region in recent years, according to Jessie Tientcheu, chief executive officer of Opening Doors, a resettlement agency based in Sacramento.

Elk Grove Unified School District began offering culturally appropriate meals and setting aside rooms in many of its middle and high schools for prayer during Muslim holidays in preparation for the additional Afghan students it expects in the next month. San Juan Unified is offering Saturday school for English learners, and Fremont Unified is planning to hire more translators.
Muslims need to get the fuck out. That is sodomistic prayer that God will not hear. Prayer is a connection to the unseen Father without ceasing. Muslims think we are the idolitrious. Muslims obey a being who invented idolatry. A man has no control of when they die. Jesus had control of when he died. Jesus had control of when he raised up from the dead, too. A human cannot do that. Has anyone told a Muslim this? I doubt it.

Last edited:
He already posted an alternate version upthread.

But the bottom line is that this business won't withstand judicial scrutiny, and more importantly, makes the gross ignorance/hypocrisy/bigotry of most Democrats glaringly evident.

I give Colfax a pass, however, as he's willing to treat those of us in the FrostFlakian denomination with the same respect as voodoo practitioners, atheists and Mansonists. :)

That says the same thing...they were suspended for praying on school grounds and a private room was requested but refused.

You yourself said Muslim prayer would be disruptive. If that is where you are hanging your hat here...that the prayer was disruptive...you have contradicted your own argument...

So your "unbiased sources" are the school administrators who suspended the kids? :auiqs.jpg: :itsok: :cuckoo:

So your "unbiased sources" are the school administrators who suspended the kids? :auiqs.jpg: :itsok: :cuckoo:
There seem to be differing versions of various key elements depending on the source...

But the prayer room thing won't make it past serious judicial scrutiny - as you've said - and Colfax has conceded that Golden Grahamicites have equal rights, so I feel some progress has been made here.

:)

That says the same thing...they were suspended for praying on school grounds and a private room was requested but refused.

You yourself said Muslim prayer would be disruptive. If that is where you are hanging your hat here...that the prayer was disruptive...you have contradicted your own argument...
It says the school offered a private room and the students refused.

It’s definitely not the same thing.

I said a Muslim praying in the middle of a classroom would be disruptive. A private room is not disruptive.

You seem to get everything backwards.

If another religion required prayer, and providing a small space and a brief time during the day to pray, that seems reasonable to me.

I’ll ask again, what accommodations are people asking for? It’s always going to be a case by case basis.
Don't dance with the fornicating devil. That is who Muslims have danced with for over 1400 years. They think Jesus is a man. The church does not help one iota. A man cannot control when they die. People are unable to raise themselves up from the dead. Jesus had control of both. Gays are not sinning when they do what they do. They are not fornicating one with the other like Muslims, and church people think. zoosexuals are not fornicating either. People who call death giving sweet, will be born of fornication. Christs enemies thought in that way. The church reinforced the Muslims faulty belief system. The church gets everything wrong. That is why we have the everything wrong, Islam. Jacob, Solomon, and Reaboahm had concubines. The church avoids that. Marrage needs two, not three. Marrage can be repeated. Rachael was Jacobs sister. Church does not talk about that, ether. God is a moneyless gift giver. Why are we not like that? Truth has never been taught.

Last edited:
I agree - Seems to me that public schools setting up prayer rooms would be a clear violation of church and state separation. Accommodating their dietary preferences and allowing for outdoor prayer at specific times of the day would be a different matter.

But the prayer room thing won't make it past serious judicial scrutiny - as you've said - and Colfax has conceded that Golden Grahamicites have equal rights, so I feel some progress has been made here
If the room is also available for prayer for others, it’s perfectly allowable.

I said a Muslim praying in the middle of a classroom would be disruptive. A private room is not disruptive.

Is a Muslim prayer room in a public school in violation of separation of church and state?

Of course it is

I think it's spelt "sexxx."
Fifty years ago when I was first in Turkey, I heard the call to prayer at sundown. Islam is the the only religion I know of that has set times for prayer, except for Jews beginning the Sabbath at sundown on Friday. This tradition was set down centuries ago. I've heard Christians claiming that they "can't pray" or are not allowed to pray but that's BS because Christianity has no set times for prayer and these people were just trying to call attention to themselves at some public event, like they have to pray because it's a town-council meeting, a football game, or the second act of Hamlet.

It does not say that...it says...

"A group of high school students suspended for refusing to move their morning prayer group from school grounds has returned to class."

Forum List

Back