In Iowa Cruz Supports Ethanol Mandate

Ethanol is a terrible idea. End the mandate.
If you want ethanol in your fuel, go for it.
Leave the rest of us out of it.

Are you being unpatriotic?
Gee, I remember when the Right were condemning the unpatriotic ethanol mandate because it was jacking up the price of food on the middle class and poor.

Want Cheaper Food? End the Ethanol Mandate

Food price inflation is indeed complex, and there’s no simple way to prevent it. But there is a single step that government could take that would almost certainly significantly arrest the rapid rise in the cost of food: end ethanol energy mandates.

the-problem-with-any-joke-i-ma.jpg
Photo credit: ~jjjohn~ / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND

There’s very little question about whether or not ethanol subsidies and related mandates, which essentially pay farmers to grow fuel instead of food, drive up the price of food. Ethanol policy hits corn directly, but because corn is so integral to the rest of the food production process, a rise in the price of corn quickly results in a rise in the price of other farm commodities such as meat, poultry, dairy, and soy products.

Gee, I remember when the Right were condemning the unpatriotic ethanol mandate because it was jacking up the price of food on the middle class and poor.

Food price inflation is indeed complex, and there’s no simple way to prevent it. But there is a single step that government could take that would almost certainly significantly arrest the rapid rise in the cost of food: end ethanol energy mandates.

There’s very little question about whether or not ethanol subsidies and related mandates, which essentially pay farmers to grow fuel instead of food, drive up the price of food. Ethanol policy hits corn directly, but because corn is so integral to the rest of the food production process, a rise in the price of corn quickly results in a rise in the price of other farm commodities such as meat, poultry, dairy, and soy products.
Oh OK. So you agree with Ted Cruz, who called for doing exactly that. Good! You've found your guy.

Oh OK. So you agree with Ted Cruz, who called for doing exactly that. Good! You've found your guy.
Desperately trying to change the subject away from the obvious hypocrisy of the Right.
Thank you.

Forum List

Back