In Lieu Of Recent Mass Shootings With Assault Rifles,There Seems To Be Mass Ignorance Of What One Is

An assault weapon is whatever a lawmaking body determines it to be – not what the military or gun manufacturers consider one to be – regardless how it functions or is configured.
Lol
Political correctness makes people fucking retarded… The federal government has zero moral authority on the issue

“Such weapons have no other purpose than ending human lives…”

Actually not.

AR 15s, for example, make excellent target rifles, given their inherent accuracy.

“…making and selling them to a civilian population should be against the law.”

The problem is that such a law would be unwarranted.

Less than two percent of gun crimes are committed with long guns – even fewer with AR 15s – in no manner justifying their being banned.

Yes, AR 15s are often the ‘weapon of choice’ of mass shooters, but in order for a law to be just and valid it must be supported by the facts – and the facts simply don’t support a ban when gun crime and violence are comprehensively taken into consideration.

And laws must also be effective to be just and valid – lawmakers shouldn’t intentionally enact measures demonstrated to be ineffective, such as assault weapon bans; the 1994 Federal assault weapon ban was a failure.

This doesn’t mean, of course, that we’re helpless to combat gun crime and violence – it means we must work to find other ways to address the problem that don’t involve bans which are both ineffective and an unwarranted overreach of government.
its-because-im-black-isnt-it-endo-gun-blog-black-3088197.png

There have been far too many mass shootings in the recent History of the United States. Two common factors in these crimes have been “assault rifle” style firearms and for the press and politicians to describe these weapons as “high power.” This is an error, which I will address shortly, but first, a trigger warning—no pun intended. I frankly think trigger warnings are overused, but in this case, I am about to describe terrible things.

Proceed at your own risk.

A Brief History of the Assault Rifle, for Journalists and Legislators

Yes, AR-15 and AK 47's are assault rifles, both the fully automatics, and semi automatics. If you don't know this, you are to stupid to own one, and should be prohibited from doing so. This article is for those that are not gun enthusiasts, and can be confused by the misinformation spewed on this and other sites. This will give you all of the information you need to make donnie gun nut look like the idiot he is telling you about his vast knowledge of firearms.

Enjoy.
Hell Skews..what does, "assault style" even mean? Yes, I get the picture...but all guns are 'assault style'! The style..is provided by the user--not the weapon. Almost any semi-automatics you can name..could have caused the same or greater casualties as the AK or AR favored. Do you want to ban all semi-automatic rifles? You do know that is a huge amount of guns. It's just not going to happen.

It is of passing interest that there have been no shootings involving the actual army toys. I note no BAR's are involved..nor Thompson's--no collectors weapons are involved.

I actually empathize with your position...but there are many good reasons forowning a gun..in this day and age.

Assault rifle:

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle - Wikipedia

The article did an excellent job of explaining exactly what an assault rifle is, and how they came to be. The detail in the article I would maintain probably educated most gun owners that didn't have a clue, or were mistaken about what they thought they knew. As a gun owner myself, it boggles my mind how ignorant gun owners I talk to thin they know what they don't know. This is why the majority of America, that are not gun owners by the way, have had enough of ignorant gun owners whining about a right they actually don't really have. Americans have the right to own a gun solely because of Supreme Court interpretation. Not by the mistaken conception the Constitution gives state militia, and not individuals the right to do so. Based upon that misconception, and that right by court interpretation, that interpretation does not grant any individual the right to possess any type of gun they want, thus another court interpretation on that conception. Which is why assault style rifles can and currently are, banned all over the country, along with high capacity magazines. Expect this trend to continue in the future, and only become more widely accepted by a changing population, that does not support these types of weapons in our society. anyone who thinks otherwise is in a much smaller minority than they think. A shrinking minority I should add. Ironically enough, it will be the majority of non gun owners in America, that in the end, will be the ones that preserve the second amendment, by ridding the country of these weapons from civilian use, so that the majority of gun owners that don't own these weapons, will have their right to own guns for hunting, and protection for generations to come. The alternative is the law of the jungle, and no civilized society will live under those conditions, no matter what steps are necessary to prevent that from happening.
:bsflag:

Almost any semi-automatics you can name..could have caused the same or greater casualties as the AK or AR favored.
The usual gun nut bullshit. That's only because almost any semi automatic centrefire one can name in the US is an assault style semi. Sporting semis are not only few and far between but hardly any, if at all, have been used in mass shootings.

9c11892ce2511133c4c0ea12982facbc.jpg

Almost any semi-automatics you can name..could have caused the same or greater casualties as the AK or AR favored.
The usual gun nut bullshit. That's only because almost any semi automatic centrefire one can name in the US is an assault style semi. Sporting semis are not only few and far between but hardly any, if at all, have been used in mass shootings.

Definition of semi automatic… Pull the trigger it’s time it fires once.... just pull the trigger if fires once.

Most every firearm is an so-called “semi automatic”… fact

AR 15s, for example, make excellent target rifles, given their inherent accuracy.
A bolt action will be more inherently accurate.
Lol
In the past that was true, but it’s really not that way anymore.

I’ve been selling firearms and ammo for over 25 years, 1inch MOA Is guaranteed by most manufacturers. ARs and the like Easily fit into that category.

Less than two percent of gun crimes are committed with long guns – even fewer with AR 15s – in no manner justifying their being banned.
From that one could infer mass shootings are justified as the price of 'freedom'.
Blame the individual not a firearm… Like usual progressives always put the cart before the horse

you want something fucked up?
Let the federal government attempt it...

ky2hoHy.png

Dipshit.....a semi-auto rifle is the same rifle no matter what decorations you put on it....it would be like saying a Toyota Camry is different from a Jeep because a jeep is a military vehicle.....they use the same freaking engine, the only difference is the body...... and that is the only difference between semi-auto rifles.......you anti-gun creeps are dangerous and you don't even realize it.

From that one could infer mass shootings are justified as the price of 'freedom'.

No, moron, but you don't punish millions of people for crimes they didn't commit.....which is what you want to do to normal gun owners for the crimes of people who use guns illegally.

Let’s just set a firing speed and magazine capacity and call it an assault weapon

Yeah one round per trigger pull is not an assault rifle

Depends how easy that trigger pulls

So now you want to regulate the weight of a trigger pull?

Maybe we should just amputate the trigger finger off of anyone who can pull a trigger more than once every 5 seconds

Did you have to give them that idea?

LOl! Made my day! 'Gun nut', indeed. You're like the guy who wants everyone to go on a diet..so you ban silverware..Idiots.

Let’s just set a firing speed and magazine capacity and call it an assault weapon

Yeah one round per trigger pull is not an assault rifle
In your subjective opinion, not as a fact of law.

Whether or not it’s select-fire, a semi-auto rifle or carbine can be designated an assault weapon as a matter of law and regulated accordingly.

The law determines what is or is not an assault weapon, not the military, not gun manufactures, and not private individuals.

There have been far too many mass shootings in the recent History of the United States. Two common factors in these crimes have been “assault rifle” style firearms and for the press and politicians to describe these weapons as “high power.” This is an error, which I will address shortly, but first, a trigger warning—no pun intended. I frankly think trigger warnings are overused, but in this case, I am about to describe terrible things.

Proceed at your own risk.

A Brief History of the Assault Rifle, for Journalists and Legislators

Yes, AR-15 and AK 47's are assault rifles, both the fully automatics, and semi automatics. If you don't know this, you are to stupid to own one, and should be prohibited from doing so. This article is for those that are not gun enthusiasts, and can be confused by the misinformation spewed on this and other sites. This will give you all of the information you need to make donnie gun nut look like the idiot he is telling you about his vast knowledge of firearms.

Enjoy.
Going to the hacks at Daily Kooks for accurate info on firearms?!?....What's next, a recipe book from Jeffrey Dahmer?

Annnnd another tree-fiddy to the spamalot OP.

CoinOperated.png

Forum List

Back