In the Bay Area, $117,400 is considered 'low income'

tRumps microaggression will do it.

Trump's policies are helping them as well as other businesses. Hence the improved economy, record low unemployment, stock markets, etc. Look for a potential down turn after Trump's second term, around 2025 or so when another communist like Obama, or Hillary gets elected.

The entire concept of microaggression is laughable. Maybe get a coloring book, and some crayons?

Great place, Frisco. Earn peanuts and walk around in human excrement, urine, used needles, etc. Those knucklehead libs really know how to live.

Just had to post this .. unreal.

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - It’s no secret that the Bay Area is an expensive place to live.

But now it’s become so expensive that a six-figure salary is considered “low income,” according to a report by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The annual report says a family of four in San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin counties that earn less than $117,400 are "low income."

This means they qualify to live in low-income housing projects.

$73,000 is considered “very low income” in those counties.

To most Bay Area residents, these numbers aren’t shocking considering the the high cost of living.

In March, the median home price in the Bay Area hit a record high at $820,000, according to CoreLogic.

In San Francisco County, the median home price hit $1,087,599, making it the most expensive housing market in California.

To make you feel even more poor, a Palo Alto estate hit the market Tuesday for $96.8 million.

Another data point. Way back in the day, I used to be involved in trainings for the Incident command System.

The Bay Area is rather unique because the downtown area is so expensive that none of the first responders can live there, it is primarily accessible by bridges or tunnels or the narrow land bridge from the south, and because it is near this fault line that goes up to Point Reyes. The training the response apparatus went through in that area had a "jingle" that went; "The first 72 are on you"...meaning that you should not expect official help for 72 hours; have 3 days worth of food, water, clothing, medicine, make-shift shelter, defense, whatever you think you need. I think it is a good way to live at all times personally but the weird thing was that the EOM community there basically conceded the 3 days of 500,000 people on the peninsula being on their own. I'm sure the dynamics in Oakland, San Mateo, Sausalito are different but downtown SF...you're screwed.

First responders CAN live in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida. The first 72 were on them.

Good point

SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) - It’s no secret that the Bay Area is an expensive place to live.

But now it’s become so expensive that a six-figure salary is considered “low income,” according to a report by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The annual report says a family of four in San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin counties that earn less than $117,400 are "low income."

To most Bay Area residents, these numbers aren’t shocking considering the the high cost of living.

In March, the median home price in the Bay Area hit a record high at $820,000, according to CoreLogic.

In San Francisco County, the median home price hit $1,087,599, making it the most expensive housing market in California.

To make you feel even more poor, a Palo Alto estate hit the market Tuesday for $96.8 million.
No worries. That will be the salary at Nacho Hell once the dems get back in office

I remember when I was in Texas and I asked a guy how much a particular house might cost, this was about 15 years ago, he told me $300k and I was floored. It was a near mansion. In Toronto it would have gone for 4-5 Mill easily even then.

Who the hell wants to live in Texas?

Who the hell wants to live in San Francisco? Stinky ...

You. But your employers haven't paid you a living wage so you can't afford it.

I wouldn't go there to ... take a dump! :auiqs.jpg:

tRumps microaggression will do it.

Trump's policies are helping them as well as other businesses. Hence the improved economy, record low unemployment, stock markets, etc. Look for a potential down turn after Trump's second term, around 2025 or so when another communist like Obama, or Hillary gets elected.

The entire concept of microaggression is laughable. Maybe get a coloring book, and some crayons?

Which business are tRumps policies helping? It certain isn't helping mine or any of my business partners and friends. With the tariffs and tRumpcare I have to raise my prices. I don't want to, but I have to.

American workers are making less today than they did one year ago adjusted for inflation.

The stock market has been in a downturn since January.

President Trump: Undisputed champ of microaggression

Great place, Frisco. Earn peanuts and walk around in human excrement, urine, used needles, etc. Those knucklehead libs really know how to live.

I was in San Francisco last week. I saw no human excrement, urine, or used needles. Quit making shit up.

I remember when I was in Texas and I asked a guy how much a particular house might cost, this was about 15 years ago, he told me $300k and I was floored. It was a near mansion. In Toronto it would have gone for 4-5 Mill easily even then.

You can't afford to live in nice quarters because your employers fucked you.

I was in San Francisco last week. I saw no human excrement, urine, or used needles. Quit making shit up.
Go fuck yourself. If you haven’t seen media reports of that cesspool the past several years that’s your tough luck.

I have been self-employed since 2000, and I pay myself handsomely. I have my own private Asgard, thank you.

I guess we now know why Nancy Pelosi considers a $1000.00 dollar bonus crumbs.

Which is weird because E. Palo Alto is a ghetto. Or it was when I left the Bay Area.

The other day I read a story about a 900 sq ft cottage in Palo Alto that was priced at $2.6 million.
The entire Bay Area is a Dimocrat swamp.

Nowhere in the us is 40 thousand dollars considered middle class....that's a poverty wage a smart person barely produces for. Times have changed.

Go fuck yourself. If you haven’t seen media reports of that cesspool the past several years that’s your tough luck.

Every large city has cesspools, more so since Nixon allowed Japan to product dump.

I have been self-employed since 2000, and I pay myself handsomely. I have my own private Asgard, thank you.

Fantastic! You must be proud!

Which is weird because E. Palo Alto is a ghetto. Or it was when I left the Bay Area.

There doing better!

East Palo Alto: Life on the other side of Silicon Valley's tracks

Left like to keep the blacks and Mexicans out of the neighborhood.

Forum List

Back